Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"No activity" being spotted right now per JB. I just spent 5 minutes watching a parked red truck. :rolleyes:

WAS BL IN THAT PARKED RED TRUCK???!!! Maybe hidden beneath a false floor?

I've been out of this thread for a while, but has LE provided further official indication of what they think has happened since BL disappeared, whether he is likely alive or deceased, along with possible timelines?

IMO this whole "Dad is assisting in search" is misleading and bizarre.

It makes it sound like he's just going along like every other searcher. I doubt LE would allow an uncooperative, suspicious-acting father of a POI to just go out and search.

I'm sure it's more like he's there to give whatever information he can, possibly help coax his son out, or ID him.

Which would be totally normal and happens often in other cases.

It is actually pretty funny how people absolutely crucified the Laundries' lawyer for lying, even after he clarified his remarks, and minutes later CL is actually there, assisting in the search. I expect many apologies will now be posted, right?
Nope, not from me. He cited the wrong law enforcement agency (one which it apparently didn't occur to him didn't even have final authority to make such an offer, which was both an investigative and a pr for his clients error and a LE relations error), made a lot of people look foolish (which is exactly the kind of thing that can negatively interfere with actual work trying to be done). He is sloppy and inattentive, and no, I don't think it's some grand, intended Columbo-style fake bumbler gambit.

All speculative possibilities:
Too many additional details coming out in succession - quickly trying to backtrack - too many articles coming out of possible charges if found assisting son- too long since they’ve heard from them (whenever? that was) - mom desperately wants dad to bring her son home because she’s now afraid he really did take his life - dad called out as coward. dad finds courage to do right thing…
Dad has been helping all along (via telephone?). Keeping it on the low down to not attract attention. If BL believes family is cooperating with LE, it might drive him out of the area. Hadn’t considered this before but now I am wondering if this has been the case all along. MOO

Wild guess here, as I'm not a hiker or camper, but a photo was posted of Brian and his father, both wearing backpacks. If BL learned hiking skills from his dad, perhaps there are "styles" of building campsites, fire pits, etc., and they wanted to show his father what they found to see if he thinks it's of the "style" he may have taught him?

I think maybe they would have just taken some pictures and sent them to him or printed some out to show him.
moo

Wild guess here, as I'm not a hiker or camper, but a photo was posted of Brian and his father, both wearing backpacks. If BL learned hiking skills from his dad, perhaps there are "styles" of building campsites, fire pits, etc., and they wanted to show his father what they found to see if he thinks it's of the "style" he may have taught him?

Really great thought!

And @JudgeJoe, it seems that BL and his parents did go for walks together in the neighborhood (yesterday I saw an interview with a neighbor, from a couple weeks ago, saying that they would). So maybe they did do a fair amount of family activities and they might actually know his favorite places/trails.

NPPD said that they wouldn't have done it, but the FBI is in charge. Laundries' attorney is saying an FBI liaison set this up.

Office of Partner Engagement | Federal Bureau of Investigation
I am so far behind and trying to catch up as fast as I can, but......Bertolino's reported statement referred only to NPPD. Bertolino said on Wednesday that a North Port police detective asked for Mr Laundrie’s help to locate his son. Then we have NPPD's firm DENIAL of the offer.

Do we have info now the FBI actually arranged this?

Last edited:
I am so far behind and trying to catch up as fast as I can, but......Bertolino's reported statement referred only to NPPD. Bertolino said on Wednesday that a North Port police detective asked for Mr Laundrie’s help to locate his son. Then we have NPPD's firm final of the offer.

Do we have info now the FBI actually arranged this?
No, but seems to be happening. Don’t really know what is going on.

He went out with someone in a John Deere cart/ mule vehicle.

This is surely a stupid question but I have lived in the Northeast my entire life so I don't know the answer. Do the leaves fall in Florida or do the trees keep their leaves all year? I.e. will the vegetation be the same year-round?
Some trees drop foliage, like bald cypress, jacaranda, etc. but most of the trees you’ll find in nature reserves in Florida retain their foliage throughout the winter.

ETA, I lived on a wooded acre in SWFL, with live oaks, slash pines, cabbage palms, palmettos, etc. The trees were constantly shedding needles & leaves, but they were never “bare.”

Am wondering what the vegetation is like in that reserve also. If there are native edible plants and such.

Given the size of reserve, I imagine that there are plenty edible plants and animals- well, at least in theory. The "in practice" part of the equation maybe far different.

Maybe they are really wanting to see their Grandchildren.
I think all of the above. They initially nonsensically acted impulsively without any regard to law, ethics, morals or consequences. Once decision was in play, they stood steadfast to protect their only son who they love very much. They had no facts that Gabby was dead at the time. Their only source of info was what their son told them. Brian convinced them he had it under control, had an executable plan to remain hidden and would go on with his life. Now, unintended consequences are appearing. Add in a parent’s worst fear - their child dies - one way or another. I think they are imagining a bleak future without family. I truly don’t think any of us really really know what we’d do in their situation. *Me - I’d take a bullet for my child or grandchild, but that’s just me…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay