Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be the point of that? They're not witnesses. I don't think anyone expects they got a clean story of what happened. If anyone got a smudged up version, it's the one he gave them. Why are the parents demonized here so much moreso than BL?
What I don't get is how people think that two ordinary people are going to pull a bunch of sneaky actions and tell a pack of lies when the whole world is watching. Is the theory that they are professional, seasoned Mafioso individuals? It blows my mind...

This is an interesting concept...... and Police often say people hide like this when on the run.......

Would a person, who may have initially said they would look after him....... continue to do so after FBI found Gabby's body, and confirmed a homicide???

It would be pretty risky, IMO, to continue harboring a fugitive, as they could also up in prison for doing this...... so.....

IF the sighting of BL in the white pickup truck is accurate ????? Is this how he came by the truck???? The person or persons assisting him, said take the truck and go.... we don't want to be involved?????

I have been trying to work out how BL could have obtained a truck without a tracible transaction etc .....
(I know it could be stolen) but surely if FBI could link him to a stolen vehicle, there would be a nation wide search for the vehicle....as they would know the plates and description etc ????

Wonder how many relatives, godparents, and old family friends have had a knock on the door by FBI???
All seem to be laying very low.....

Speculation and all IMO

Wouldn't the FBI need a warrant to search for him in a relative or friend's residence? That would require probable cause. If there is no evidence to tie him to that residence, how can they find out if he is there?

i completely agree...and i cannot believe that they parents did not at least have suspicions that something bad had happened...i just don't know at what point they knew...i also can't comprehend what the end game is here...do they believe he can remain "missing" for the rest of his life? that's irrational...
Yes, but if it keeps him out of prison for life... They've got to be thinking about that possibility. SMH.

It seems to me that BL drove the Mustang to the preserve, parked it, and got a ride somewhere to make it look as though he went into the preserve to meditate and was eaten by gators. It wouldn't be the first time a fugitive faked their death.
That, or he didn't park it there, but was dropped off somewhere at sometime prior and a parent parked it there, and was met by the other parent who picked them up and went home. Sounds convoluted, but not out of the question. We really do not know what day BL left his humble home. jmo

Wouldn't the FBI need a warrant to search for him in a relative or friend's residence? That would require probable cause. If there is no evidence to tie him to that residence, how can they find out if he is there?
Oh I wasn't considering a "search" in the first instance..... Just a knock on the door to ask about BL and his habits, likes, and dislikes, when they last saw him etc..... They could always refuse like the parents did.....

ETA - They could apply for a warrant to search if they were suspicious of something acquired in an initial interview ....

That, or he didn't park it there, but was dropped off somewhere at sometime prior and a parent parked it there, and was met by the other parent who picked them up and went home. Sounds convoluted, but not out of the question. We really do not know what day BL left his humble home. jmo

That's possible, but would his parents take the risk of lying to LEO/FBI in a lie that could be found out? It seems to risky because they could be seen on someone's security camera as they drive it there, or by a witness, a neighbor, etc.

My understanding from what Cassie said is that Cass and husband and kids lived at the parents home on wabasso with Gabby and Brian. Cass said the parents were still in NY. In 2020 Cass and hub moved out and the Parents moved in from NY. Gabby and B only lived there with the parents a year or so before their trip. AND lived there with Cass and hub the year before. I'm quite sure that is how Cass told it. JMO
Ah yep...I didn't know if it was that same house but yes you're correct I remember now...timeline is pretty much the same though I believe!

Oh I wasn't considering a "search" in the first instance..... Just a knock on the door to ask about BL and his habits, likes, and dislikes, when they last saw him etc..... They could always refuse like the parents did.....

Oh, I see. It would make sense for them to do that to gather information about BL and feel out the relatives as possible places where he might be hiding.

That's possible, but would his parents take the risk of lying to LEO/FBI in a lie that could be found out? It seems to risky because they could be seen on someone's security camera as they drive it there, or by a witness, a neighbor, etc.
They haven't spoken to FBI , only to their lawyer...and who knows if they are telling the truth to the lawyer. Yes it WOULD be risky. They have already changed the date that they claimed to have last seen BL from 14th to 13th. Lawyer had to correct that. jmo

ETA - They could apply for a warrant to search if they were suspicious of something acquired in an initial interview ....
Do we know the Laundries weren't asked a variety of questions during the times LE was at their home gathering evidence? Or did they call them with questions? Based on how tight-lipped everything is, I would doubt they'd call in reporters to divulge what information they got from Brian's parents. We just don't know, do we?

or even... * dawn , in the kitchen .." Brian.. ,you have to ring them . You have to . If you don't they will start ringing here. You have no choice. I will stand here with you, but you have to ring them and speak to them. Now. Today.

Maybe his parents were too afraid to tell hers what they knew, whether that was that they broke up or she was off with friends or whatever. I mean, if I was standing next to someone who had a temper I wouldn’t intentionally cross them either. It’s impossible for me to believe BL didn’t have a terrible temper before this trip, so I’m sure on some level they likely suspected immediately that he killed her (and this is assuming he didn’t tell the outright, which is what I believe he did). Ultimately I think they knew up front he killed her and maybe they just were too scared to upset him. Can’t say I blame them. And I’m not defending them… they could have gone to the grocery store parking lot and called police if they were scared.

Maybe his parents were too afraid to tell hers what they knew, whether that was that they broke up or she was off with friends or whatever. I mean, if I was standing next to someone who had a temper I wouldn’t intentionally cross them either. It’s impossible for me to believe BL didn’t have a terrible temper before this trip, so I’m sure on some level they likely suspected immediately that he killed her (and this is assuming he didn’t tell the outright, which is what I believe he did). Ultimately I think they knew up front he killed her and maybe they just were too scared to upset him. Can’t say I blame them. And I’m not defending them… they could have gone to the grocery store parking lot and called police if they were scared.
bbm
Ita.
So why the silence until now ?
What will make a change in the case ?
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors