Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the only common sense conclusion. Keep in mind accordion to the Petito family, initially they were concerned for both Brian and Gabby. Their voicemails and texts to the Laundries stated as much. Unless you knew some nefarious event happened and were instructed to keep your lips zipped by counsel, what person in the world never mind parent wouldn’t have replied to the Petito family in some fashion? They knew something if not the whole story before the Petitos began inquiring. MOO

Since I have 23 yr old twin sons I have a number of acquaintances with similarly aged kids. No one could think of a benign reason for the Laundries behavior.

We all agreed, that no matter if the kids are on the outs, the adults have always felt a sense of responsibility regardless of the current state of any relationship. Here it’s particularly depraved given the nature & extent of the relationship.

Most people would never ignore any frantic parent reaching out. Here they ignored the parents of their sons intended life long companion. What could cause that? It had to have been something extraordinary & inexplicable. There are only so many potential scenarios that explain all the facts. To me at this point, really only one. But others differ, I know.

That is assuming Brian did in fact take the Mustang! IMO he didn't return from the camping trip. Anyhow, why would he leave keys in car? Mustang was a decoy IMO.

Yes. It seems that the Mustang was conveniently parked somewhere, ticketed on Sept 14th, and then brought back to the L residence. Almost as if it was planned to make the "BL went to the preserve to meditate and didn't come back" narrative believable. Plausible deniability for the parents while giving BL time to disappear?

I guess not all children learn to do the right thing no matter the consequences. Just like Gabby's dad said on tv (can't remember what show) that "if you make a mistake, you own up to it" Paraphrasing as I can't remember the exact words.

yes! that's why i am having so much time grasping what's going on here...the idea of not taking responsibility for the consequences of your own actions, let alone running away and hiding, is so absolutely foreign and despicable to me...and for parents to be complicit in this behavior is horrible...

In the news article linked above, she says that the message was received on the 30th and the white van was in FL on the 1st:

“I do not believe the text on August 30th was from my daughter,” Schmidt said.

Asked why she had doubts, Schmidt replied, “The van was in Florida on the 1st [of September]. I think I can do the math.”

RSBM Don't forget that Gabby's mom said at least on one occasion that she was told not to talk about the text on 8-30. The content of that text may not be accurate. There has to be a reason the feds don't want them talking about it.
It's possible that the link you posted could be a misdirect so people think that's what the text said and only the real killer would know the true message; outside Gabby's family anyway. MOO

Yes. It seems that the Mustang was conveniently parked somewhere, ticketed on Sept 14th, and then brought back to the L residence. Almost as if it was planned to make the "BL went to the preserve to meditate and didn't come back" narrative believable. Plausible deniability for the parents while giving BL time to disappear?
I still think that FBI is on top of where the Mustang came and went over the course of time. They had it towed to inspect it and I presume were able to analyze GPS. So, parents can tell any story they want about the Mustang, but I think FBI knows. jmo

Since I have 23 yr old twin sons I have a number of acquaintances with similarly aged kids. No one could think of a benign reason for the Laundries behavior.

We all agreed, that no matter if the kids are on the outs, the adults have always felt a sense of responsibility regardless of the current state of any relationship. Here it’s particularly depraved given the nature & extent of the relationship.

Most people would never ignore any frantic parent reaching out. Here they ignored the parents of their sons intended life long companion. What could cause that? It had to have been something extraordinary & inexplicable. There are only so many potential scenarios that explain all the facts. To me at this point, really only one. But others differ, I know.

I agree. It seems to me that there is only one reason not to answer those calls and texts. That reason is that anything they said could be used against them or BL. It seems to me that the best defense plan for BL (if this ever goes to trial) is that he say nothing - - like the Casey Anthony case. This will be most effective in court if no one who knows anything ever said anything to anyone.

yes! that's why i am having so much time grasping what's going on here...the idea of not taking responsibility for the consequences of your own actions, let alone running away and hiding, is so absolutely foreign and despicable to me...and for parents to be complicit in this behavior is horrible...
If only that were enough to take the parents in for questioning. I'd bet they know so much more than they have actually told the feds or other LE. MOO
If BL learned his whole family was taken in, Maybe just maybe he'd come out of hiding IF still alive.

Can BL parents be brought down to police station and interviewed on the record? Or is it just on TV programs? FBI interragations for all of this? Did I miss it? I guess I watch to many detective shows. Hoping FBI looks into a money trail. Watches their every move. I have no trust in this family unit. MOO

Not IMO. Only the person who killed her knows what he did to cause her death. IF he's captured alive, they'll interrogate him and try and get a confession. If he lies, they'll know.

We still don't know the cause of death in Abby and Libby's case, and neither do the parents and that's almost 5 years ago. They still haven't arrested anyone.

ETA changed 4 years to 5.

You're right, @JudgeJudi -- it's not that unusual for the COD to be withheld.
Why give the killer info so that s/he can make up a self-defense, or an "accident" which caused the death, or a SODDI story. Hold tight till questioning the perpetrator (that opportunity rarely occurs, of course), or wait till opening statements, or when the M.E. pronounces it in court -- whenever time best benefits the prosecution.

I think the possibility of a murder charge probably puts an entirely different spin on "taking responsibility". Sounds like his primal fight or flight mechanism kicked in.

Not answering the phone to the Petito's was about the dumbest move the parents of a killer could make. Right off the bat, a very negative value judgement call that has cost them deeply, in public view, and in LE view ( their story is ODD says sheriff ) ..in the neighbors view, etc.....

Which brings me to my next point.. are they that clever to have organised an escape route and an ongoing weeks long month long evasion of the FBI by their idiotic son?.....

I do not believe so.

If only that were enough to take the parents in for questioning. I'd bet they know so much more than they have actually told the feds or other LE. MOO
If BL learned his whole family was taken in, Maybe just maybe he'd come out of hiding IF still alive.

one would hope, but i feel that if he cared about anyone other than himself, he wouldn't have put them in this situation in the first place...i'm afraid he wouldn't do "the right thing" with regard to them, anymore than he did with regard to Gabby...moo

Can BL parents be brought down to police station and interviewed on the record? Or is it just on TV programs? FBI interragations for all of this? Did I miss it? I guess I watch to many detective shows. Hoping FBI looks into a money trail. Watches their every move. I have no trust in this family unit. MOO
What would be the point of that? They're not witnesses. I don't think anyone expects they got a clean story of what happened. If anyone got a smudged up version, it's the one he gave them. Why are the parents demonized here so much moreso than BL?

Even more reason to suspect those kids asked 'Where is Gabby".. .. if mom cassie knew nothing, that means those kids had every reason to ask about Gabby.

The idea that they didn't is absurd. I don't know why Cassie expects anyone to believe it.
All she would have to say is that Gabby is very sick and cannot be there.

I wonder if he has someone that would put him up for awhile until the attention dies down. Is there someone who would hide him away? Someone who loves him enough to protect him?
This is an interesting concept...... and Police often say people hide like this when on the run.......

Would a person, who may have initially said they would look after him....... continue to do so after FBI found Gabby's body, and confirmed a homicide???

It would be pretty risky, IMO, to continue harboring a fugitive, as they could also up in prison for doing this...... so.....

IF the sighting of BL in the white pickup truck is accurate ????? Is this how he came by the truck???? The person or persons assisting him, said take the truck and go.... we don't want to be involved?????

I have been trying to work out how BL could have obtained a truck without a tracible transaction etc .....
(I know it could be stolen) but surely if FBI could link him to a stolen vehicle, there would be a nation wide search for the vehicle....as they would know the plates and description etc ????

Wonder how many relatives, godparents, and old family friends have had a knock on the door by FBI???
All seem to be laying very low.....

Speculation and all IMO

I still think that FBI is on top of where the Mustang came and went over the course of time. They had it towed to inspect it and I presume were able to analyze GPS. So, parents can tell any story they want about the Mustang, but I think FBI knows. jmo

It seems to me that BL drove the Mustang to the preserve, parked it, and got a ride somewhere to make it look as though he went into the preserve to meditate and was eaten by gators. It wouldn't be the first time a fugitive faked their death.

With likely <1% of the evidence released at this point, I am remaining neutral pending more data that may explain why certain parties are behaving the way they are. A crucial piece of the missing information is exactly what Brian told his parents when he returned. We have zero information about that. Zero.

One possibility that I have not seen discussed is that Brian may have come home with the explanation there was another incidence of DV and this time a mutual restraining order was issued. Gabby flew back to her parents in NY and Brian drove the van back to FL. In the meantime (according to Brian) Gabby and her family have continued to harass him with phone calls and texts despite the restraining order. So the parents called their lawyer for advice. Given the story, the attorney advises no contact with Gabby or her family and to forward any communication from LE for the attorney to deal with it. So that is exactly what they did. Ignored the calls from Gabby's family and referred LE to the attorney.

Of course, this is also speculation, but it is logical speculation that perfectly explains the behavior of the parents that seems so inexplicable to those of us on the outside operating with only 1% of the data. jmo

I think they are shielded by the law and constitution for their situation. Given that they aren't the POI in the case. I have no idea what it would take to bring them in legally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298