Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolded and snipped to get to this...and my answer isn't directed at you but at this concept in general....

The notion that the Laundrie parents shouldn't speak to the Petito family because Brian didn't want them to is just...so much hogwash. The Laundries, Brian and Gabby were housemates, perhaps Gabby was even their tenant. They were free to speak to Gabby and/or her family whenever they wanted to do that -- Gabby's joint and personal property was in/at their home.

If Brian didn't want people speaking to Gabby or her family about the disposition of her personal or joint possessions (nevermind about her decisions and her whereabouts) then HE should have been dropping dimes on the Petito family. (Disclaimer: I'm saying this without knowing what Brian actually said/did/asked.)

Isn't anyone in this story a grown adult???
Agreed.
I'll have to go and check but I think the Laundrie parents when asked by LE to speak to Brian had instead handed them a note from their lawyer ?
Again this is curious behavior.
And somewhat unsettling.
Edit until a link can be posted.
Thanks, @Allabouttrial !
Imo.

Last edited:
Forensic experts have been poring over Petito’s computer hard drive for crucial clues after police in North Port, Florida, got a court warrant to search the device.

The computer was with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie when he returned to Florida without Petito on September 1. MSM Link
Cryptic last texts sent from Gabby Petito's phone to her mom, as cops search her hard drive | Daily Mail Online

Are you telling me that this Coward drove all the way to Florida with his deceased girlfriends computer in the van and LE collected it for evidence. I must admit, the whole thing is odd but this for me made it even odder

Forensic experts have been poring over Petito’s computer hard drive for crucial clues after police in North Port, Florida, got a court warrant to search the device.

The computer was with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie when he returned to Florida without Petito on September 1. MSM Link
Cryptic last texts sent from Gabby Petito's phone to her mom, as cops search her hard drive | Daily Mail Online

Are you telling me that this Coward drove all the way to Florida with his deceased girlfriends computer in the van and LE collected it for evidence. I must admit, the whole thing is odd but this for me made it even odder

Someone posted upthread that this same lawyer had reported Brian missing, and not his parents ?
SBM

Interesting I hadn't heard that.

ETA: Just done a quick search and I can't find that stated anywhere. It always comes up as family or parents reported him missing. Could have just been a rumour?

Last edited:
It isn’t unusual and luckily not everyone dies. Not everyone intentionally falls but jumpers aren’t terribly unusual. The rescue crews in western North Carolina are well trained, help each other, and stay busy. They risk their lives for people who sometimes make stupid choices. A rescue squad member in my area recently died trying to save someone who entered a dangerous waterfall. People often pay no attention to warning signs.

Most often it is tourists who do not understand the danger, but in the area where the body was found yesterday you have to consider there’s a university nearby with a reputation of being a bit of a party school. Of course not all of the deaths are associated with partying or even carelessness. There have been many over the years who disappeared on purpose, some were depressed. Like everyplace else, there are tons of reasons deaths happen (even an occasional murder) but it isn’t uncommon.

jmo

edited a few words for clarity

There are almost always suicides near a university. One ivy-league university in upstate New York that I attended had to install “anti-suicide nets” under the pedestrian bridges over the gorges. There were always suicides around exam time. Sad.

Yes, but in the story from the 1st woman who picked him up he claimed he had been hiking and camping alone along the snake river for days with just a bag and tarp.

That was Miranda Baker. She saw him hitchhiking and gave him a ride. He told her he’d been hiking for days but didn’t appear to have a full backpack. “You think if you’re going camping for days on end, you’d want food and a tent and he had none of that”. He also said that he'd been sleeping on a tarp.

They may have had more than one tarp, but there’s one on top of the van and it looks fairly large. I’d like to know if it was still in the van when he returned home because it could have been used for another purpose, e.g. carrying someone.

Black tarp 2.JPG

Link

ETA to insert correct pic.

Good Morning All! I have been on this thought kick for a bit, but how many...if any?...Private Investigators do you think the Petito/Schmidt family have hired?
I know they said in their last Press Conference that they had complete trust in the FBI....but I wonder if they have hired additional resources themselves.

PI's are able to do a few things that you and I cannot do.
I am not talking about DTBH, but some additional trailing and tracking capabilities of the many additional 'players' and their contacts.

The missing phones has always confused me. I understand ditching Gabby's phone. But why is Brian's phone missing?

The only thing I can think of is that he originally planned to run directly after the murder and disposed of his phone so nobody could track him. Something made him change his mind and he went home instead. What changed?

SBM

Interesting I hadn't heard that.

ETA: Just done a quick search and I can't find that stated anywhere. It always comes up as family or parents reported him missing. Could have just been a rumour?
Thanks, went back and edited.
This is interesting.
I'll check for a link.
I'd initially thought his parents reported Brian missing and someone else corrected my post and said it was the lawyer and I think I've seen it in msm.
Will return if I find something.
It might have been speculation ?
Imo.

Good Morning All! I have been on this thought kick for a bit, but how many...if any?...Private Investigators do you think the Petito/Schmidt family have hired?
I know they said in their last Press Conference that they had complete trust in the FBI....but I wonder if they have hired additional resources themselves.

PI's are able to do a few things that you and I cannot do.
I am not talking about DTBH, but some additional trailing and tracking capabilities of the many additional 'players' and their contacts.
If their daughter was still missing then I suspect they would have gone that route.

I'm sure they want justice, but I can't imagine they would hire anyone to search for Brian.

I think their time and resources are now focused on setting up the Gabby Petito Foundation.

I'll check for a link.
I'd initially thought his parents reported Brian missing and someone else corrected my post and said it was the lawyer and I think I've seen it in msm.
Will return if I find something.
It might have been speculation ?
Imo.
SB represents ChL, RL, and BL so it would make sense that he would be the liaison to communicate with LE regarding anything pertaining to GP or BL.

Bolded and snipped to get to this...and my answer isn't directed at you but at this concept in general....

The notion that the Laundrie parents shouldn't speak to the Petito family because Brian didn't want them to is just...so much hogwash. The Laundries, Brian and Gabby were housemates, perhaps Gabby was even their tenant. They were free to speak to Gabby and/or her family whenever they wanted to do that -- Gabby's joint and personal property was in/at their home.

If Brian didn't want people speaking to Gabby or her family about the disposition of her personal or joint possessions (nevermind about her decisions and her whereabouts) then HE should have been dropping dimes on the Petito family. (Disclaimer: I'm saying this without knowing what Brian actually said/did/asked.)

Isn't anyone in this story a grown adult???
Very much so. The parents let their children be adults in making this trip. GP’s parents respected a long period of silence before getting concerned. BL’s parents likely just did not press their son on what happened that he came back early and alone. It’s not at all unusual to refrain from questions when you adult child has a break up with SO. Who would have suspected even an inkling of what BL did? It would not have entered my mind.

When BL’s parents got the calls, emails and texts, they likely insisted on info. The texts would have made it clear that there had been nothing from Gabby in all of that time. Whatever BL said or not, the parents immediately knew they were over their heads and called an attorney they knew. At that point, they followed professional advice.
There really was no good news to give Gabby’s parents. They would not have felt one iota better to have heard the Laundtues say they had no idea where Gabby was. It would have been deceptive to make it sound like BL was also missing and made things worse to say he returned alone. The attorney likely told them that there was nothing good to be said and a lot of harm. So they did as told.
I do not blame the parents. BL, MOO is the crud. The instant he heard that Gabby was missing, he should have given info on where he last saw her, where the camper was, if he truly left her alive , had nothing to do with her death. That he didn’t give any such info is telling as to what likely happened

[QUOTE="Cinna, post: 17179954, member: 294571"p]Maybe they trusted Brian. It's not about obeying an request as much as it's trusting his judgment. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]''

i believe there is a very loud silence about what the Petito's relationship with the Laundries or Brian were prior to the events that have captured all of us.... more will eventually come out...

Do you think that if this continues on for awhile, that LE will still keep an eye on the parents? It doesn’t seem like they are surveilling them now (although they don’t leave much). I know there’s a lot we don’t see however.
On another note, after reading the CNN article with a survival expert’s input, I’m starting to think that if BL is in the reserve alive, something will shake out soon. Doesn’t sound like he would make it too much longer if he’s actually living off the land in there. If he’s not in there I’m leaning towards him being in a little shack in the middle of nowhere. In which case, this could go on forever. I pray it doesn’t for the sake of Gabby’s family. JMO.
Could Brian Laundrie still be alive if he's in Florida's Carlton Reserve? Here's what survival experts think - CNN

Very much so. The parents let their children be adults in making this trip. GP’s parents respected a long period of silence before getting concerned. BL’s parents likely just did not press their son on what happened that he came back early and alone. It’s not at all unusual to refrain from questions when you adult child has a break up with SO. Who would have suspected even an inkling of what BL did? It would not have entered my mind.

When BL’s parents got the calls, emails and texts, they likely insisted on info. The texts would have made it clear that there had been nothing from Gabby in all of that time. Whatever BL said or not, the parents immediately knew they were over their heads and called an attorney they knew. At that point, they followed professional advice.
There really was no good news to give Gabby’s parents. They would not have felt one iota better to have heard the Laundtues say they had no idea where Gabby was. It would have been deceptive to make it sound like BL was also missing and made things worse to say he returned alone. The attorney likely told them that there was nothing good to be said and a lot of harm. So they did as told.
I do not blame the parents. BL, MOO is the crud. The instant he heard that Gabby was missing, he should have given info on where he last saw her, where the camper was, if he truly left her alive , had nothing to do with her death. That he didn’t give any such info is telling as to what likely happened
If BL's parent had no idea what happened or where Gabby was then couldn't they have at least told her parents that?

Surely, it's better than nothing? At that point they must have been aware her parents were frantically trying to get hold of her and were VERY concerned for her safety.

The Laundrie's have their own daughter. All they would have had to do was ask themselves how they would feel. Unfortunately, they don't have to wonder how it feels anymore.

Do you think that if this continues on for awhile, that LE will still keep an eye on the parents?
Snipped for focused reply. Physically for a period of time, and then digitally if this becomes protracted. Their faulty memories (cough) on important points and dates, have cast them in the bright spot light of suspicion. That, combined with their seeming lack of care and compassion towards GPs parents, doesn't "set well" with the public, or IWT LE. By their own doing, I speculate their name will be mud forevermore.

Amateur opinion and speculation

If BL's parent had no idea what happened or where Gabby was then couldn't they have at least told her parents that?

Surely, it's better than nothing? At that point they must have been aware her parents were frantically trying to get hold of her and were VERY concerned for her safety.

The Laundrie's have their own daughter. All they would have had to do was ask themselves how they would feel. Unfortunately, they don't have to wonder how it feels anymore.
MOO

I think the Laundries got a voice mail from Gabby's parents. They immediately called Brian to find out what was going on. Based on that call, they then called their lawyer who told them to stay silent.

This makes more sense to me than Brian calling them to fess up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734