Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or someone followed *this person* in and around the preserve, then shot or stabbed him.
True, but I doubt that person would dismember and spread the pieces around. That's what I meant in my post by saying a gater, or other animal, got him. Didn't have to be what caused his death, but was why he's in pieces with not all accounted for. The only other reason I can come up being in pieces would be blowing yourself up which I TOTALLY DO NOT THINK HE DID.

So... animals did the strewing, cause of death is still unknown. I'm placing my bets (in order) on it 1) being by his own hand, or 2) an animal got him. A stranger, while it's possibly, isn't making my short list of possibilities.

Last edited:
Yesterday, it was reported only one time and I’ve looked back for the quote and the source but can’t locate it in the sea of statements and reports yesterday, so take it for what it’s worth: my memory of reading that one of the objects the LE asked BL’s parents to identify was a ‘necklace’, which it was said they confirmed as to Brian having one like it. ——- I have no idea if this is accurate and if it has or has not been confirmed. But if true, that could lead LE to surmise it very well could belong to BL and that the other items and body parts are worthy of further testing for confirmation.

Exactly. This isn't about Gabby. In fact this is obscene. Jmo

I'd quite like to drop Molly G & JonathanGrifterRiches into the Mayakkahatchee Creek, in waders, & they can further insert themselves into the case, by searching. When WFLA's Eagle flies over, they can wave to us ; )

Alligators & moccassins, Lee County chief just said

Yesterday morning, in extreme pain, I posted "Good morning all".
I contemplated posting more but just did not have it in me.
At 11:00 am my tooth was pulled & for the next 24 hours, I've been down for the count.

In that time, as Murphy's Law would have it... Schit hit the fan.

Noon today & 4 threads later... I'm reading the very probable outcome as to BL's whereabouts & that he will, in all probability, not be held accountable.

Perhaps I'll just wait till the cold of winter to sit down next to my fireplace and go through the entire Gabriel Petito thread... like it were an old mystery novel I've been meaning to get to but haven't bothered because...

I wanted him alive.

I’ve been wondering what parts and how big are the remains found. Not trying to being gross , more of a scientific nature.
If it was an arm I'd think tatts would be why they think it's likely him. They are identifiable. Although I don't recall them saying that about Gabby when they found her body. Tatts or not, they wanted to be sure before they said a word.

Believeable.
Does anyone know if LE trailed the Laundrie's in the evenings or watched the Reserve?
Protestors and press have been camped at the Laundrie house for weeks. If we know they went to Walmart, the AT&T store, the bank, the fed ex office, mowed the lawn, checked the mail, were at a library in Orlando and did some gardening in the back yard we would know they went to the reserve. imo

Yesterday, it was reported only one time and I’ve looked back for the quote and the source but can’t locate it in the sea of statements and reports yesterday, so take it for what it’s worth: my memory of reading that one of the objects the LE asked BL’s parents to identify was a ‘necklace’, which it was said they confirmed as to Brian having one like it. ——- I have no idea if this is accurate and if it has or has not been confirmed. But if true, that could lead LE to surmise it very well could belong to BL and that the other items and body parts are worthy of further testing for confirmation.
(Sorry- accidentally got double posted)

I suppose there are other animals that would run off with different body part although I'd think they'd feast were they were, not run off with pieces.
Well if this is really BL, he's been there over a month, and very possibly has been dead the entire time. There are other animals in the area that are known to scavenge -- vultures, bald eagles (yes! We have them here, they are awesome), bobcats, maybe panthers, feral hogs (which usually eat plants but it's not unheard of for them to also eat carrion). I won't be surprised if it turns out that these remains are pretty widely scattered after a month of decomp in hot, humid, swamp conditions, whoever they prove to belong to.

<Warning for those squeamish>

I wonder what part they originally found yesterday that were 'pretty sure' (my words) were his. And if he's in parts... I'm assuming a gater got him after all? I suppose there are other animals that would run off with different body part although I'd think they'd feast were they were, not run off with pieces. And even if they did run off with pieces, I'd think they'd all be pretty close to the piece found, so surprised they weren't found yesterday.

Sounds like karma stepped in. He left Gabby for the animals, yet the animals came for him.
Aside from dental or tats .. I'm thinking they'll expedite the dna testing.
LE will want to know that it's him.
Trying to be LE supportive; but this case is very puzzling !
How did they miss finding BL when he was still alive ?

But the bank fraud took place 8/30/21 - 9/1/21, and the murder took place in Wyoming. I don't think a swamp in October in Florida would have evidence of those crimes - particularly fingerprint evidence, which is what people seem to be concerned about in the mishandling of the bag. MOO

BBM

The bag itself and its contents are considered evidence. I'm not clear on why you think there's no additional evidence in the bag or why you think out-of-state evidence is unlikely and therefore protocols can be ignored.

IMO it's general knowledge that evidence of a crime can be found anywhere and in another location be it city, state, or country. (Even in a swamp in Florida.) The law recognizes this.

Especially when the wanted person is believed to be near, and recently handled the evidence.

It's unusual for LE to drop crucial protocol just because it's an out-of-state crime.

MOO

I do not think the L's had any knowledge or helped BL. I think he came home, told a story about a bad break up. I believe he told them if GP or her parents called to ignore it and stay out of it. I find it very believable that they had no idea whose name the van was in. I don't ask my adult children questions like that and two of them live with me at the moment. I tend to mind my own business with my adult children. As far as his remains being found "all of a sudden", that area was under water. I will refer back to the Caylee Anthony case. That area was flooded too. She was found only after the water receded. People keep saying the L's aren't cooperating. How does anyone know what they have or have not told investigators? Just because they aren't talking to the media and the rabid protesters doesn't mean they aren't telling LE everything they know. I may be in the minority here, but, I feel sorry for them. JMO

I agree. The Ls might have been intensely divided on whether or not to call the P family (probably R wanted to), but the parent who insisted they listen to the lawyer (probably ChL) prevailed.

I get this but a bad break up would work as a story until the texts that said I am going to call the police etc and why get a lawyer before the texts had even started? MOO
Ir's possible that he put some sort of spin on the Moab stop and told them that Gabby lied and told them he assaulted her. When the texts said the police were going to be called they may have thought he was going to be arrested for DV? I would like to think that if I were in their position that I would have answered the calls but having never been in such a predicament I'm not sure what I would have done.

True, but I doubt that person would dismember and spread the pieces around. That's what I meant in my post by saying a gater, or other animal, got him. Didn't have to be what caused his death, but was why he's in pieces with not all accounted for. The only other reason I can come up being in pieces would be blowing yourself up which I TOTALLY DO NOT THINK HE DID.

So... animals did the strewing, cause of death is still unknown. I'm placing my bets (in order) on it 1) being by his own hand, or 2) an animal got him. A stranger, while it's possibly, isn't making my short list of possibilities.
WARNING! Gruesome question.

Very stupid question: There is no way to detect if any animal teeth marks on bones would be COD or just post mortem animal activity, is there?

The really sick thing here is that his parents must have known when he left that he was either escaping or going to kill himself; and they really did nothing to prevent either.
So true. Maybe if they had stepped up before now their son might be alive. I might get in trouble for saying that. As a mother I had to make that decision. I planned to leave with my child , my child didn’t kill anyone, she was the fall guy. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do.

I'd quite like to drop Molly G & JonathanGrifterRiches into the Mayakkahatchee Creek, in waders, & they can further insert themselves into the case, by searching. When WFLA's Eagle flies over, they can wave to us ; )

Now I would actually give money to get that done lol

I would think the backpack and remains, (assuming they are sufficient to have some weight) would have been less likely to move around during the high water than the dry bag would have.

(While I now agree that the dry bag did probably have a hole at the bottom, I think it's possible the hole developed only after weeks in the water, or even by animal contact.)

Meaning I think the intact dry bag floated away from the body and backpack, not the other way around.

Meaning that I can't see how the randomly-floated-to location of the dry bag would have been "BL's favorite place which the parents knew and went straight to".

MOO

Who are they? Those annoying protestor's who have inserted themselves into this story with bullhorns? Oh and then yesterday at the reserve, standing around like the leaders of a group with wisdom and knowledge only they possess? (I'm being sarcastic here fyi, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datalord