Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING! Gruesome question.

Very stupid question: There is no way to detect if any animal teeth marks on bones would be COD or just post mortem animal activity, is there?
hmm, that's an interesting question. I don't know the answer. I feel like, unless they have evidence of a gunshot wound, COD might be really hard to determine here, especially as related to whether any animal attacked him before or after he died. For example, animals could have gotten at him after a he died by suicide but LE never recovers that bone showing the self-inflicted wound, or he could have starved or got injured somehow, & then he was attacked when dead already. In some cases, being attacked after you were dead is something LE can tell (due to whether there was blood flow from the wounds, sorry to be graphic) but I think that type of evidence will be completely lost in swamp conditions. It will be very interesting to see how they arrive at the COD. JMO

One of the shocking things to come out of SB's interview with Chris Cuomo yesterday was that the Laundries through SB reported BL missing to the FBI on the Monday that BL went hiking when he didn't come home. The FBI knew he was gone!
I caught that in the interview but I'm skeptical because we only have SB's word that this happened. If it's true, that could mean that the FBI wasn't communicating with the local authorities (NPPD, who repeatedly stated they "knew exactly where BL was"), which I believe is a breach of protocol in LE investigations, JMO. I think there's a good chance that anything SB says outside a court of law is continued misdirection on his part, which he's been doing all along.

Brian (assuming he's dead) could have been salvaged, but nobody surrounding him had the skill to accomplish that very simple task.
The law was/is on his side. He had/has an opportunity for mental health care and meditation upon it.
He had/has an opportunity to use solitude, with guidance, to heal himself.
He had/has an opportunity to build a new self upon a foundation of hard won forgiveness.
He had/has an opportunity to live a very long time and become a better teacher than he could have ever imagined.
Didn't anyone tell him this?
Sometimes, being broken down to nothing is the beginning of wisdom.
Brian was/is salvageable.
His life is/was a valuable lesson.
JMHO

Yesterday morning, in extreme pain, I posted "Good morning all".
I contemplated posting more but just did not have it in me.
At 11:00 am my tooth was pulled & for the next 24 hours, I've been down for the count.

In that time, as Murphy's Law would have it... Schit hit the fan.

Noon today & 4 threads later... I'm reading the very probable outcome as to BL's whereabouts & that he will, in all probability, not be held accountable.

Perhaps I'll just wait till the cold of winter to sit down next to my fireplace and go through the entire Gabriel Petito thread... like it were an old mystery novel I've been meaning to get to but haven't bothered because...

I wanted him alive.
I hope you are feeling better today
I had oral surgery yesterday morning as well.
Although I know I watched what was going on all day, I remember little about it! :cool:
Take care!

Thanks for this info., @SMK777 !
I do wonder what they're thinking ?
They probably want to wait until the remains are ID'd.
And even then... maybe they'd rather say nothing ?

They're still grieving a horrible loss of a daughter who's life was stolen.
Not an illness or an accident -- as terrible as that would also be.
But murder is different type of anguish, imo, and wouldn't there be an element of anger as well ?
And they still don't know the why's or anything at all.
A heavy burden to be forced to carry.
They must be grateful they have her earthly remains to lay to rest.
I was afraid she'd never be found.
MOO.
I think they have anger toward the Laundries and their incredible betrayal of trust. jmo

One of the shocking things to come out of SB's interview with Chris Cuomo yesterday was that the Laundries through SB reported BL missing to the FBI on the Monday that BL went hiking when he didn't come home. The FBI knew he was gone! The FBI knew the parents were concerned and the FBI did nothing to search for him until the following Friday based on some random tip that BL had been seen in Tampa.

7:16 here: https://twitter.com/CuomoPrimeTime/status/1450995282062229506
I'm still not certain I believe that new info from SB, to be honest. I have trouble understanding why that wasn't public knowledge long before now. His constant revision of the truth really has hurt his & his clients' credibility, IMO.

Let’s clear some of this up quick cuz this all gets confusing fast.
So Gabby and Brian did NOT live with his parents they lived in a condo owned by the Laundrie family. This was explained by Gabbys dear friend Rose who had spoken out a few times but limited due to it being active investigation. Fbi and LE have that info.
The condo was sold recently.
This also explains them having a storage unit as the condo was being sold.
What Brian and Gabbys plans were for AFTER their trip baffles me because obviously they knew the condo was being sold so where were they planing to live afterwards? Is this where them “extending the trip” comes into play? That maybe they thought they’d find a nice spot to live during their trip?

Speculation, jmo, moo, please excuse any typos

hmm, that's an interesting question. I don't know the answer. I feel like, unless they have evidence of a gunshot wound, COD might be really hard to determine here, especially as related to whether any animal attacked him before or after he died. For example, animals could have gotten at him after a he died by suicide but LE never recovers that bone showing the self-inflicted wound, or he could have starved or got injured somehow, & then he was attacked when dead already. In some cases, being attacked after you were dead is something LE can tell (due to whether there was blood flow from the wounds, sorry to be graphic) but I think that type of evidence will be completely lost in swamp conditions. It will be very interesting to see how they arrive at the COD. JMO
Thank you. I was curious because many have commented on the possibility of an attack by some animal as COD. I agree that unless he shot himself and they find the skull, for example, we will never know. In that environment he could have died from infection from some untreated wound. Jmo

HiYa, Boodles -- long time no "see"!! ;)
I certainly think the DNA matching, etc., would be expedited, and if it is, we should hear something within the next couple of days, surely.
Dunno how accurately the experts can tell how long he's been dead -- assuming all they have to work with is a few bones. OTOH, forensic sciences are very sophisticated now...
So we wait. We're used to waiting, we don't like to wait, but we're good at it, aren't we?!
I think they have a DNA match now, but they want to find all the body parts or remains to match them as well, and then feel comfortable reopening the park, so hikers don't continue to find evidence of him. They could tell us right now, if they were so inclined. jmo

Let’s clear some of this up quick cuz this all gets confusing fast.
So Gabby and Brian did NOT live with his parents they lived in a condo owned by the Laundrie family. This was explained by Gabbys dear friend Rose who had spoken out a few times but limited due to it being active investigation. Fbi and LE have that info.
The condo was sold recently.
This also explains them having a storage unit as the condo was being sold.
What Brian and Gabbys plans were for AFTER their trip baffles me because obviously they knew the condo was being sold so where were they planing to live afterwards? Is this where them “extending the trip” comes into play? That maybe they thought they’d find a nice spot to live during their trip?

Speculation, jmo, moo, please excuse any typos
I think they were going to try WWOOFING in the PNW area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datalord