Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats exactly what I was thinking after I listened to it a couple of times - when he says household he just means in their house at the time. SB mudies the waters every time he does an interview! JMO
When I listen to SB's responses, I consider the context of his entire reply before formulating my interpretation. I have not seen the same suspicions in his statements as so many others have. Taken apart word by word, yes, he's made mistakes, but imo, when taken into full context, I find most his timeline pretty believable.

Watching the bertolino and banfield interview. SB states that the FBI confirmed that the day SB revealed to them that BL did not return home from hike was Thursday ( 9/16, added by me) This is approx 17:50 in video. But then SB says that he said “Brian didn’t come home tonight. Well which is it?

jmo
SB needs to keep a calendar like normal atty's do. He cannot keep his days, times and dates straight! This should not be complicated. jmo I don't know if it is deliberate muddying, or if he is just scatterbrained.

Thats exactly what I was thinking after I listened to it a couple of times - when he says household he just means in their house at the time. SB mudies the waters every time he does an interview! JMO

Using "household member" to convey "someone who was in the home at the time" is more of a lie than a mistake or a misuse of language. If I'm the police officer in their home at the time (and if I'm the one being referred to) I'm totally pixeled right now at being referred to as a "household member."

There are a lot of people crawling out from under a bus this morning....

Brian’s missing person report: it shows a time of 18:47. I’m not completely up to speed yet but does anyone know how this time would play into the timeline with the household get-together?
https://cdn.muckrock.com/foia_files/2021/10/14/21054011_Redacted.pdf

Per SB's Banfield interview last night, he said that the gathering at ChL/RL's house (with FBI, NPPD attending in person, and SB attending via phone) started Friday night at 6:15pm. So that would be 18:15. JMO

Source (skip ahead to the 25:40 mark) -

Shoot I had a bunch written but it wouldn't edit!

Steve said he was talking to the Laundries and Saturday at 11:30pm is when the Laundries called him about the case and he talked to the FBI at 1:30am Sunday...

So they had a long convo about the timeline of when Brian was reported missing and how did they lose him, S got super mad and was yelling saying play the clip where JT said he didn't know where B was, and Ashleigh comes back with Brian Entin lol. That was awesome....

So Ashleigh gets Brian to take over lol....

Brian: Hey Steve...so every day I talked to JT I would ask him did they know where B was, and JT would say yes, and it's weird that the FBI had info they weren't sharing w NPPD...

S: Hey Brian (he's being way nicer to Brian)...2 days ago I had a convo with NPPD to clear the air about this, they said they didn't know the FBI knew (What are you talking about) They were shocked to learn friday Brian wasn't there, It's not my responsibility to relay info to the FBI and NPPD, FBI says Brian was reported missing by me on Monday evening. (Now talking to Ashleigh and yelling...) Ashleigh, you said you were gonna play a clip of NPPD, instead you brought Brian Entin, let's play that clip let's hear from JT once again! I don't know! I can spare a minute! Let's play it! (OMG he's being a complete #$%$^...dude is a misogynist IMO)

A: OK Here ya go...plays clip of Brian talking to JT

Brian: Steve said he called and reported B missing sooner than Friday
JT: When we got the call Friday it was news to us it was a surprising moment
They were uncooperative on Saturday, Steve said he said something to the FBI, I don't know if that's true, nothing we've seen says that's a possibility at all.

S: SEE?? SEE???
A: Did you hear the last sentence?
S: HE SAID I DON'T KNOW I'LL TAKE THAT APOLOGY ASHLEIGH
A: He said that's not a possibility at all
S: NO HE DIDN'T SAY THAT
A: Brian, what did he say
Brian: Wouldn't you want to correct the record so people would actually be looking for Brian?
S: (So calm now...) So Brian we're not gonna get to the bottom of this, I'll get past the fact that Ashleigh won't concede that what was said out of his own mouth was that I may have said it in passing and he doesn't know, let's move past that, at that moment we were not concerned Brian hurt himself or wasn't coming home. C and R said it was normal for him to leave for multiple days, they thought he was clearing the air-clearing his mind.
A: So why were you talking to them Monday night? Why were you saying yikes he hasn't come home?
S: Nobody said yikes, I just mentioned to the FBI, By the way, Brian didn't come home. The FBI said would you come home with all that press in front of your house? (Commercial break)

A: So Mr. Bertelino the police said they lost your client, there was surveillance on Brian and when he went to the reserve they didn't even know the Mustang was leaving, does that mean Brain is dead because the police lost him, or is he dead because he did it to himself?
S: You can't blame the police FBI Laundries or me, we don't know the COD, we can surmise, let's say he did take his own life, that's on Brian, we need to wait and find out exactly what happened.
A: You said you spoke w the Ls together, on the 12th and 13th, if you spoke with them all there is no privilege, so what did Brian say about what happened to Gabby
S: So Ashleigh, if you heard what I said I had multiple convos (bla bla bla) it's privileged
A: no it isn't...will you come back Monday?
S: That's not possible
A: Yes it is, I'm calling you Monday.

Steve does not like Ashleigh. The End.

Holy...what an intense interview.

Watching the bertolino and banfield interview. SB states that the FBI confirmed that the day SB revealed to them that BL did not return home from hike was Thursday ( 9/16, added by me) This is approx 17:50 in video. But then SB says that he said “Brian didn’t come home tonight”. Well which is it?

jmo

Yes I also noticed that.
Zero clue as to why he hasn't got timeline notes with him to avoid errors with so many interviews in one day

Wow, I just watched the A.B. interview I agree with so many of these comments. My take away is this attorney is way over his head which I think most everybody agrees. I know he’s having multiple conversations with multiple agents/departments but I would think it’s a common practice to take notes, even if you just speak into your phone the highlights after each conversation and dictate those later. I was shaking my head every time he said the FBI notes were what confirmed dates and actions, he never said my notes, he said he was confused, must not have any notes. I always thought the Laundries delayed reporting Brian missing because they did not want LE involved because they knew he had killed Gabby, now finding out they did not want to file a missing report at all confirms that in my mind. The attorney saying they had multiple conversations from the first to the 11th also confirmed that Brian had confessed to them more than it was just a break up, I don’t think a conversation about breaking up requires conversations with an attorney. I think it’s a strong possibility that they knew of her death while they were on the early Sept camping trip. I thought he was contradicting himself when he said CL was very concerned when he left the home and should not have let him leave, earlier statements were they were not concerned till they discovered he did not take his wallet and cell phone, to now learning they weren’t concerned because he goes on hikes often and they did not want to file a report.
I also found it contradicting that at the beginning of the AB interview they had a several minute conversation about suicide, who could be held responsible, failures that led to him getting away. SB said it would be nobodies fault but Brian’s, he did not say we don’t know that it was suicide and that’s a pointless conversation to have right now. At the end of the interview though he did say we don’t know cause of death, we don’t know that it was a suicide and he tried to steer away from Brian having hurt himself when earlier he discuss that as a very real possibility. This guy must be loving the publicity but all he is doing is causing way more damage to the Laundrie parents. MOO
https://youtu.be/goLWZoXKntM

I understand the huge difference between an official misper report vs telling an LE that a person still hasn't returned home
At a stretch, I can see the plausibility of him using grieving - as Ashley Banfield also accepts it & explains why ( in the link)
Like you, I don't understand the 'household' reference. How can someone who isn't resident in Wabasso be a member of that household?( OK he's clear that he was in NY while this joint meeting was happening so he didnt know which person finally called it in)

Here's AB explaining that here, her post interview analysis where she answers a few viewers questions
https://twitter.com/TVAshleigh/status/1451752793279238144

Mr. Bertolino was referring to his discussion with the FBI agents on the 13th about Brian's absence as a "report" ....until last night, when he was boxed into calling it a "mention" and a "by the way."

And alternative uses for the word "grieving" were being offered by various media outlets (nevermind this board) all afternoon yesterday. The excuse that he could have overused the term "grieving" in reference to the Laundrie parents and thus mis-used it inadvertently to refer to Brian's state of mind back on the 13th) was spoon-fed to Mr. Bertolino yesterday.

I think we can't equate. House = household. He was fuzzy about that and seemed to understand what he had said by accident. By listing who was in the house, and calling it "household" he was imo trying to fuzzy up what he had just implied, ie that "household" = family.

Imo

Or maybe he means someone who was in the Wabasso household later that day. Is that possible?
(He knows it wasn't filed during this actual meeting at the house w the fbi, the parents etc & he was appearing via facetime)
Could another relative have called at the house later?

*Input first and last name to see these details.
Name: LAUNDRIE, BRIAN CHRISTOPHER
Nicknames:
Aliases:
Missing Person Circumstances:
Reporting Agency: NORTH PORT POLICE DEPARTMENT
Agency Case #: 21-054011
Date of Last Contact: 09/14/2021
Date of Birth: 11/18/1997
Race: WHITE
Sex: MALE
Height: 5' 08"
Weight: 160
Hair Color: BROWN
Eye Color: BROWN
Scars, Marks, Tattoos: TATTOO, HAND, NONSPECIFIC
Last Known Address City and State: NORTH PORT FLORIDA
Missing Persons

I was shaking my head every time he said the FBI notes were what confirmed dates and actions, he never said my notes, he said he was confused, must not have his notes.
Snipped for focused reply. Me thinks he invoked his "forgetter". ; )

amateur opinion and speculation

SB needs to keep a calendar like normal atty's do. He cannot keep his days, times and dates straight! This should not be complicated. jmo I don't know if it is deliberate muddying, or if he is just scatterbrained.
I hate to think how he bills his clients if he has no concept of timing or even days of the week moo

After SB states Cassie was not in the household at all, he goes on to list the people who were. RL, CL, two representatives from the NPPD, the FBI, and himself via Facetime. My interpretation of this whole thing is that one of the officers present that evening (NPPD or FBI) is the one who started the official missing person report. JMO

Yes. That's exactly what he said and my deduction as well.

"Household" usually means, to many people, family/family living together (as in census data on a "household") but I believe SB meant it in the sense of the actual house, as in "people literally inside the house belonging to the Laundries."

I keep checking in the see if the Laundries or SB will finally begin to discuss what happened to Gabby.

Listening to the latest SB interview, he refers to Gabby as “this matter” or “this case”. Presumably “this” is a euphemism for Gabby Petito. He won’t discuss anything related to Gabby, due to attorney-client privilege. He can barely say Gabby’s name. SB has no problem talking about BL, or defending his own actions as an attorney.

So where are we, SB? The night BL was identified, it was too soon to talk about Gabby. “Today’s not the day.” Or yesterday. Or the past 8 weeks.

Are we now at never?

Your client who was a POI in Gabby’s disappearance is dead. It appears your remaining clients are not facing criminal charges.

Who are you protecting?
Maybe himself? I cant figure out this blitz of TV appearances. I would love for an interviewer to ask him specifically if he is doing them at the request of his clients. Or even if they are okay with it. IMO

Adding this to the discussion about his parents not filing a missing persons report.

Possible reasons they didn't file one:

1) They knew he was a fugitive and that fugitives are wanted and not classified as missing persons- in the event Brian told them anything or that they suspected he was the reason Gabby didn't come home.
2) They just suspected he went on another trip- he did just get back from traveling all summer. Was it ever discussed if he frequently kept in contact with his family? (Sorry there is A LOT of threads!)
3) They knew that he wasn't actually missing- others have mentioned before how their behaviors were 'strange' after he was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89