Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about reporting. It was a curious situation and we have no idea what story B told them about his sudden appearance home. But, even if they missed the cues that something wasn't quite right, they then refused to respond to G's very concerned parents. That is not criminal behavior, but it is cold and mighty suspicious. jmo
They should have been able to put 2 and 2 together like most of us. Just saying

I have often wondered about BL going back to FL to clean out a storage locker. Has there ever been any proof of that trip? Also GP posted that pic of herself at the Monarch Butterfly wall in Ogden , UT during that time frame. How did she get to Ogden given that she did not like to drive the van? Who took those pictures of her? Please forgive me if this has already been discussed.
bbm
Good questions and post.
I'd imagine LE have looked into this ?

Although I don't know what Brian was doing during that trip.
I had some other ideas about the purpose of him returning back home for a brief visit.
Imo.

True. But indicating that someone committed a crime when it's not true, is considered defamation per se. I assume that's why it's not allowed here, or at the very least, requires a giant IMO. jmo

From the link:

Traditionally, there have been four general categories of untrue statements presumed to be harmful to one's reputation and therefore actionable as an injury claim. Typically, if the statements don't fall into one of these categories, the plaintiff is required to prove their damages. If it does fall into one of these categories, damages are usually presumed.

The four general categories are:
  • Indications that a person was involved in criminal activity * * *

What Is Defamation Per Se? - FindLaw
If they would like to sue someone for defamation, that's their prerogative. Discovery would be interesting. Both sides would have to answer questions under oath. jmo

bbm
Hmmm......
Wonder if his sister was threatened not to talk ?
If she knew nothing-- why wouldn't she answer her phone ?

She said iirc, that her kids called Gabby, "Aunt Gabby" ? :(
That would indicate a closeness between them, that would make answering a phone call to be a normal habit.
Imo.

Regardless of what the Laundries knew or didn't know when the Petito calls/texts started, BL's family was already circling the wagons. Cassie was probably advised to keep quiet just like Chris and Roberta were doing. JMO

bbm
Hmmm......
Wonder if his sister was threatened not to talk ?
If she knew nothing-- why wouldn't she answer her phone ?
She said iirc, that her kids called Gabby, "Aunt Gabby" ? :(
That would indicate a closeness between them, that would make answering a phone call to be a normal habit.
Imo.
I think once the phones calls started abs hearing the messages left they knew Brian was in trouble! If they called B first he then told his family not to answer them abd maybe blurted out the entire thing! Then they got the lawyer!
I dont think they knew she was dead till this time! Then Brian leaves and kills himself!

my god what a tragedy.

Gabby Petito father goes on Dr. Phil

We don't know the exact day NS and JP started contacting Laundries. However, we can deduce it wasn't into the second week in September.

"Petito said his family began worrying after several days without hearing from their daughter."

Once they started worrying the next thing they would have done is start contacting Gabby and Brian.

Since there was no response they would have attempted to contact, text, pm, email--whatever it took to get a hold of Laundries in MOO.

The timeline thread states

SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton NP, 8/25/21 TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Gabby Petito father goes on Dr. Phil

We don't know the exact day NS and JP started contacting Laundries. However, we can deduce it wasn't into the second week in September.

"Petito said his family began worrying after several days without hearing from their daughter."

Once they started worrying the next thing they would have done is start contacting Gabby and Brian.

Since there was no response they would have attempted to contact, text, pm, email--whatever it took to get a hold of Laundries in MOO.
I believe it was the 11th

The opinion of an angry, grieving father isn't evidence of wrongdoing, however. He may believe they were complicit, but neither he nor we have evidence of such at this time... and if he does, he hasn't shared it.
In your original post you didn't say "evidence."

You said we have no reason to believe they did. And I gave you valid reason. Valid reason right out of JP's mouth.

We also have no reason to believe they did, at present.

The timeline thread states

SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton NP, 8/25/21 TIMELINE thread *NO DISCUSSION*
Yes our timeline on WS says 9/10.
It has been brought out before on these threads that we do not know the exact day.

JP told the public that after only several days not hearing from Gabby they got worried. Several days is not 9/10.

When cell phone data as well as landline data is released to the public we will see the exact dates.

bbm
It would seem more likely that they knew what happened and may have been in major damage control ?

They had to have known something was very wrong when Brian showed up sans Gabby but with her van and credit cards.
Both of Gabby's parents said they called/texted multiple times and were ignored.
Even if, let's say, Gabby's parents didn't try to contact the Laundries' (some people aren't that close and Gabby was an adult on a long, cross-country trip); wouldn't Brian's parents have wondered why he was in possession of a vehicle that didn't belong to him and also that he'd racked up 1,000's of dollars on cards that were not in his name ?
Other options aren't completely off the table -- but Gabby was no stranger to the L.'s and they must have known something was horribly wrong.
MOO.

How would the Laundries know what BL had or hadn't charged on any credit card that wasn't an account of the Laundries? Do most parents know what adult children are charging at any given time? And on what card? I doubt it

It's also possible BL had a good story for the presence of the van .Additionally the L's may or may not have known the van belonged to GP vs being joint property. Even GP's mother said "they got a van...." . I know when we've discussed this before people have said "I'd want to know who owned a car parked at my house because of liability." I'm not sure why the Laundries would be liable one way or the other for a vehicle at their house. But I have to admit I've never asked to see the registration for any car parked in my driveway by a family member.

According to multiple accounts, (and the timeline posted on WS) GP's family called the Laundries and texted on one day (9/10) and only part of that day before calling LE. (GP's family said they texted BL earlier.) We don't know whether those calls/texts to the L's went through or if GP's family had the right numbers. It's been posted on WS there are cell number "phone books" but I don't know how accurate those are. At any rate, the calling was on one day reportedly.
JMO

Who took those pictures when she was dressed up in a skirt and heels Did that happen when Brian was gone. She looked really happy then

Are you referring to the pictures in front of the monarch butterfly mural in Ogden UT? Those were posted to her Instagram on 8/24. I'm not sure when they were taken though.

Login • Instagram

My understanding is that the first time that Gabby's parents tried to contact the Laundries was on Saturday the 11th. The Laundries had recently returned from the Fort DeSoto camping trip (on the 8th.) They may well have been working on the 9th and 10th and then have been in the process of unpacking from that trip on the weekend, doing laundry, catching up on housework, yard work, mail and not paying attention to their cellphones. Then the police turned up at their house at 11pm that night and they gave the police their lawyer's card and called SB at 11:30pm. IMO, the Laundrie parents might have been like deer in the headlights at that point. Frankly, many people in the USA would not have answered the door to anyone at 11:30pm due to crime. I can only imagine how alarmed they were at the time. They may well have been the first time they knew something was wrong and that's why they contacted their attorney. What if, up until then they thought that Gabby had gone back to New York? But I don't think they "refused" or ignored Gabby's parents. I think they had no clue what was going on and no information to give them that would help.

My impression early on was that BL was telling the lawyer that he was a crime victim and there would be a bushy-haired stranger type of defense. I'm not sure why the lawyer couldn't tell Gabby's family or the police where BL last saw Gabby. But...knowing how poor communication in this case has been, it is equally possible that SB did tell the FBI where BL last saw Gabby. Of course, Gabby's family would not be aware of anything SB told LE.

All JMO.
What you said makes sense. Just wanted to add a thought about them answering the door that late at night. LE sometimes bang on doors pretty hard and loudly announce their presence and that's hard to ignore. Even if they didn't knock that loudly, the L parents could have seen the LE vehicles outside when their heard the knocking, and answered the door because it was LE.

In your original post you didn't say "evidence."

You said we have no reason to believe they did. And I gave you valid reason. Valid reason right out of JP's mouth.

Fair enough... but now were purely into speculation. While you might find that to be a valid reason to suspect the laundries, another may not. Personally, I do not. I suspect we'll see no legal action, much less the threat of any, against the Laundries.

It's not about reporting. It was a curious situation and we have no idea what story B told them about his sudden appearance home. But, even if they missed the cues that something wasn't quite right, they then refused to respond to G's very concerned parents. That is not criminal behavior, but it is cold and mighty suspicious. jmo
BBM
Agreed!
Bam!!
And the worst part is they couldn't get BL either. They would have feared an accident to something far worse could have happened to both Gabby and Brian. All of which is natural.

Yet Laundries refused to answer texts, calls. And so too if there was emails and pm's.

It makes it incredibly suspicious!!!

Regardless of what the Laundries knew or didn't know when the Petito calls/texts started, BL's family was already circling the wagons. Cassie was probably advised to keep quiet just like Chris and Roberta were doing. JMO
SB is not Cassies lawyer, and I don't think she had retained one at that time, so all I can think is that the L's asked her not to talk or ask questions about Gabby's absence, because it would upset poor little Brian. The first time Cassie spoke, she seemed to think there was "some misunderstanding" between G&B.....that she hoped would be cleared up. jmo

What you said makes sense. Just wanted to add a thought about them answering the door that late at night. LE sometimes bang on doors pretty hard and loudly announce their presence and that's hard to ignore. Even if they didn't knock that loudly, the L parents could have seen the LE vehicles outside when their heard the knocking, and answered the door because it was LE.
The van was towed late at night, but I believe their initial effort to talk to the L's and Brian was earlier in the day. Daylight. When they were handed SB's card. jmo

Yes our timeline on WS says 9/10.
It has been brought out before on these threads that we do not know the exact day.

JP told the public that after only several days not hearing from Gabby they got worried. Several days is not 9/10.

When cell phone data as well as landline data is released to the public we will see the exact dates.

That is true. All we know for certain is the date her mother has stated publicly. Anything else is speculation at this point. They could have called earlier, but 'getting worried' does not necessarily equate with 'began calling.' LE presumably has seen all necessary phone records and would move to charge the Ls with something based on that if they felt they had done something wrong. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1