Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tealgrove you brought out something I hadn't noticed, how its all about him.

* I wish I was right at your side,
* I wish I could be talking to you right now. * I’d be going through every memory we made...
* I can’t [live] without you.
* I’ve lost every day we [could’ve] spent together, every holiday.
* I’ll never get to play with [illegible] again. * Never go hiking with TJ.
* I loved you more than anything.
* I can’t bear to look at our photos, to recall great times because it is why
* I cannot go on.
* When I close my eyes, I will think of laughing on the roof of the van...

Where's the empathy of what she was going thru??!! The empathy on what she'll be missing out on, giving up, how she has lost every holiday, hikes she won't get to go on, children she wont get to play with (let alone get to give birth to), how she has lost every holiday...etc etc....

Its ALL about him.
Such excellent observations! Also, it is so telling that he did not include the location of her body with his admissions, but had instructions for what to do with his belongings.

It's been awhile since I followed news on Gabby, but if my recollection is correct, the only information about Gabby that we know from her autopsy was that she died due to manual strangulation and she was not pregnant. The medical examiner would not provide further details, right?

If that's the case, we really wouldn't know if Gabby had any additional injuries, ie to her skull, her wrist, etc. Is it possible there is truth in his note? Just trying to think outside the box we already made.

Such excellent observations! Also, it is so telling that he did not include the location of her body with his admissions, but had instructions for what to do with his belongings.
Oh of course, when he wrote that he didn’t know when or if they’d find Gabby’s body so why not include that info for her family? Wow that makes it even more self-absorbed that I realised.

I found highs/lows for Grand Teton National Forest in August 2021 and a separate chart with water temps and how quickly hypothermia would be an issue.

9ed637a970.png

I also think that the running through the creek is Gabby trying to get away from him. She’s running for her life and he’s chasing her. Maybe she does fall. Maybe she does scream but maybe he takes a rock and hits her in the head and then drags her from the creek.

That makes more sense to me.

MOO
I couldn't agree more. He is the *** most of us thought he was from the beginning.

Last edited:
Right? No reason for BL's mom to date it, whether she wrote it as he was en route home or at home. But maybe it contains content related to the supposed call BL made to his parents en route home and she flipped, rightfully so, and lost phone contact with him so wrote him a scathing letter for him to burn once he got home?
Given what we've seen of the Laundries' behavior since all this started, I would be AMAZED if she wrote a scathing letter to her beloved baby boy. :eyeroll: If there was any anger at all in the letter, I'm guessing it was directed elsewhere.

Upsetting me more and more….again, as has been said here all evening, this description of Gabby sounds real, I’ll bet she did in fact “continually make sounds of pain, gasping in pain, begging for an end to her pain.” But all at Brian’s hands.

Then his last written word on earth was “litter.” Someone should pick up all of his things because Gabby hated people who litter.

When in fact, he left her like litter, all alone out there, nobody to “pick her up.”

The heart just breaks.

Attachments

• 0971F71E-D79B-4F49-A1B1-C0E569154C54.jpeg
    0971F71E-D79B-4F49-A1B1-C0E569154C54.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 7611597A-BC3B-46F5-92F8-91F2A6E4E2AB.jpeg
    7611597A-BC3B-46F5-92F8-91F2A6E4E2AB.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 15
Seems like he wanted to go out in a blaze of gaslighting, believing himself a Victor, better than all the scientists and all the facts of the case.
His final insult to humanity as a whole.
Excellent description of this letter! When I first read it, everything was “I, I, I” … he wanted people to believe he was a hero!!!!! Unbelievable! It’s not surprising, based on my opinion of him, however I did not expect such a “story” … it read like a Hollywood script. Poor Gabby, what a horrific end to her dream of blogging about her van life adventures. RIP sweet girl, and blessings to her grieving family. Let’s hope the real truth eventually comes out.

All of the above just my personal opinion and feelings.

I kind of wondered the opposite, I wonder if he bashed her head and she started convulsing or seizing and then he strangled her to death. It’s like he tried to account for all of her injuries with his lies.
I think that they had an argument, she decided to go back to the van, he went after her and it became an increasingly violent altercation. In a fit of rage, he slammed her head against a rock, threw a rock at her and hit her head, or perhaps pushed her and caused her to hit her head. Suffering from serious blunt force trauma, she needed medical attention. I think at that point, he sat for a while and pondered his next steps. Option 1 would have been to seek help for her, but then there would be questions and the Moab incident would raise even more questions when LE put it together. He would be looking at an assault or attempted murder charge and he'd be in even deeper trouble because it would be evident that she was injured as a result of domestic violence. Option 2 would be to kill her so she couldn't talk or in the hopes that there wouldn't be an investigation and arrest. He chose Option 2, thinking that he could either definitely get arrested or he could take the odds that her body wouldn't be found or that he could successfully concoct a story that would be believable.

Gabby's stepfather seemed to know that they had been in front of a fire, so maybe they were by the stream in front of a campfire -- perhaps planning to camp there -- when BL erupted into violence.

MOO

"Patrick Riley told NewsNation’s Brian Entin that there is more evidence in the possession of the Laundrie’s attorney, including a letter from Roberta Laundrie to her son Brian that apparently reads “burn after you read this” on the envelope."

"It’s a pretty interesting, pretty odd letter,” Riley said. There is no date on the letter, but it appears that the letter was written within the time that Petito was murdered and Brian Laundrie committed suicide."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe