WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OCT 11, 2021
Gabby Petito autopsy: Wyoming coroner to give update Tuesday
Teton County, Wyoming, coroner Brent Blue on Tuesday will hold a virtual press conference regarding the final autopsy report for deceased Gabby Petito, officials said Monday.

[...]

The press conference will be held at 12:30 p.m. MT and is limited to members of the press, according to a Teton County spokesperson.

“The final autopsy report will likely include Petito's time and cause of death, which may help investigators determine who killed her.”

[...]

Salt Lake City-based private investigator Jason Jenson, who visited the scene where Petito's remains were discovered over the weekend, told Fox News Digital that he believes Blue will also discuss the results of a post-mortum toxicology test, which detects drugs in a person's system. Jenson added, however, that he also believes Petito was not using drugs at the time of her death.

[...]

Jenson also said he thinks the cause of death may be asphyxiation and referenced Petito's body language in an Aug. 12 bodycam footage from Moab, Utah, police in which she describes how Laundrie grabbed her face during a domestic dispute.

"I wouldn’t be surprised that it’s manual strangulation. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s choked her before," Jenson said. "Any victim that’s been choked before — their natural reaction is to lower their chin to their clavicle to prevent that hand from going around their throat."

OCT 11, 2021
Brian Laundrie search: What is a 'person of interest'?
"A person of interest is somebody who may have information pertinent to a crime," Pallegar told Fox News. "They may not rise to the level as a suspect yet, whereas a suspect is a person who…authorities believe committed a crime."
"It's really hard to tell, in this case, why they labeled Laundrie as a person of interest rather than a suspect," Pallegar said. "There could still be … internal evidence that could establish him to be a suspect. However, for public relations reasons, law enforcement don't want to make that public."

OCT 11, 2021
Brian Laundrie’s sister, family threatened, police records show | WFLA
[...]

According to the calls for service log, on Sept. 19, Cassie’s husband James reported he was getting “messages from random people.”

The messages included threats about “killing his family and kidnapping his kids.”

Following the threats, deputies periodically checked in on the family. On Oct. 1, there was a call about “suspicious circumstances.”

[...]

Former FBI agent Dr. Bryanna Fox says each time there’s a false sighting, a trespasser or a threat, precious resources are pulled away from solving this case.

“Anytime that there’s a death threat made against somebody, law enforcement takes it extremely seriously,” said Dr. Fox.

“It is illegal, it is irresponsible, it is extremely harmful and on top of it, it’s going to just make finding the person whose responsible for Gabby Petito’s murder that much more difficult.”

AUTOPSY RULING: We’ll be live on #WFLANow before 2:30 ET on Tuesday as the Teton County Coroner announces a ruling on the autopsy of Gabby Petito. Our stream will be on all platforms, including
@WFLA
’s site & app: http://wfla.com/wflanow

ETA:
Teton County Coroner to hold press conference on Gabby Petito autopsy on Tuesday | WFLA

Brian Entin on Twitter
All quiet at the Laundrie house this morning. No activity. We will stream the coroner's press conference at 2:30pmET. I'll post a link. Coroner says there will be a "brief question and answer period." DM me your questions for the coroner and I'll try to get a few in.
9:05 AM · Oct 12, 2021·Twitter Web App

Last edited:
Brian Entin on Twitter
All quiet at the Laundrie house this morning. No activity. We will stream the coroner's press conference at 2:30pmET. I'll post a link. Coroner says there will be a "brief question and answer period." DM me your questions for the coroner and I'll try to get a few in.
9:05 AM · Oct 12, 2021·Twitter Web App

Josh Benson on Twitter
GABBY MEMORIAL. One last look at the #GabbyPetito memorial in North Port before it comes down. The items will go to the family. A permanent memorial is in the works. (via Eric Hausmann) #JusticeForGabby

9:13 AM · Oct 12, 2021·Twitter Web App

Josh Benson on Twitter
Removal of the #GabbyPetito memorial has already started. #JusticeForGabby

9:20 AM · Oct 12, 2021·Twitter Web App

FBhwODeX0AQKpKk

upload_2021-10-12_15-46-19.png

" 'LONER' ON THE RUN
Brian Laundrie was a ‘chubby social outcast’ at school, says friend

BRIAN Laundrie was a "heavier set social outcast” when he was at school, according to a long-time friend.

Laundrie's pal exclusively told The Sun that Gabby Petito's on-the-run fiancé was nearly 40 pounds heavier when he was 14-years-old.

The friend said Laundrie was a private person that was never into social media or photos until he started his van travels with Gabby.

"These last two years were the most public and open he has ever been. He's a pretty disconnected off the grid type of guy, not the 'selfie' type."

“He's the type of person that would be able to drop everything to secure his means of not being captured and to evade arrest or evade prosecution from what seems to be a pending crime.”

The friend revealed Laundrie had “zero friends” in middle school and would sit at the lunch table with two other people.

The pair were friendly at that time but didn’t become friends until high school.

“Brian was very quiet in school. He was a bit of an outcast when he was younger. He was just so to himself.”

He added: “Brian cut his hair and lost weight in high school.”

The friend had been to Laundrie's residence in Bayport, New York, multiple times and visited the Florida home once.

'INTERESTED IN GUNS'
Within the friend group, a common interest is guns but he finds it eerie that Laundrie had been keen on moving to Florida since high school.

"A lot of my friends have guns and stuff,” the friend said.

“The gun laws in Florida were a lot less restrictive than New York so it was interesting for him to move to another state that allowed that.”

SOCIAL OUTCAST
Laundrie's friend group consists of four close members. The friend has a gut-feeling that Laundrie will reach out to him looking for help and it “freaks him out.”

“The reason it would be me is his other very close friends were also very close with Gabby but I was just very close with him,” the friend said.

“He might think I wouldn't hold some stigma or I wouldn't care about the matter.

"I get calls from unknown numbers and from blocked callers and my heart drops.

"I just think it's gonna be him on the other side, you never know.""

Brian Laundrie was a ‘chubby social outcast’ at school, says friend

Gabby Petito autopsy: Expert weigh in after coroner's 'manual strangulation' ruling

<Snip>

Dr. Cyril Wecht has been involved in some of the country’s most high-profile death investigations, including those involving President John F. Kennedy and JonBenét Ramsey. He spoke to Fox News Digital on Tuesday, immediately following Teton County Coroner Dr. Brent Blue’s press conference and the office’s subsequent announcement that Petito died from "death by manual strangulation/throttling."

Sign of manual strangulation, compared to ligature strangulation, would typically still be detected on a body that had been exposed to the elements for so long, Wecht said Tuesday when reached by phone. Wecht spoke to Fox before the Teton County Coroner’s office released the official cause of death determination document, and was predicting at the time that Petito, 22, had died from manual strangulation.

"Manual strangulation produces more anatomical injuries than ligature ... you can strangle someone with the ligature without breaking anything underneath," Wecht said. "Ligature, he would not have been able to make that determination after three or four weeks because the soft tissues would have been decomposed and shrunken, dehydrated and the ligature, if there was one, might or might not have still been in place."

Wecht added that there would have had to be "anatomical defects of one or more fractures to the structures in the neck."

<Snip>

"They brought in experts, or the FBI did. Anthropology and radiology and entomology and toxicology, as well as, of course, the forensic pathology."

Speaking generally, Wecht said some signs that typically point to strangulation include fractures or defects of the hyoid bone, thyroid cartilage, and, in men, the Adam’s apple, among other structures in the neck.

He added that entomology, toxicology have "nothing to do with strangulation."

OCT 12, 2021
Brian Laundrie's family releases statement after news that Gabby Petito was strangled to death (fox32chicago.com)
"Gabby Petito’s death at such a young age is a tragedy. While Brian Laundrie is currently charged with the unauthorized use of a debit card belonging to Gabby, Brian is only considered a person of interest in relation to Gabby Petito’s demise," the statement, released by attorney Steven Bertolino reads. "At this time Brian is still missing and when he is located we will address the pending fraud charge against him."

‘His words are garbage’: Gabby Petito’s mother responds to Laundrie lawyer statement | WFLA
However, Petito’s mother, Nichole Schmidt, rejected his comment.

“His words are garbage. Keep talking,” she wrote in a text to WFLA’s J.B. Biunno.

OCT 12, 2021
Coroner says Gabby Petito's cause of death was strangulation - CNN
[...]

When Blue was asked by CNN's Randi Kaye whether he could say definitively Gabby Petito could not have sent a text August 30, Blue said he could not.

"It's not like TV where they say, oh, they died on this date, it's a very rough estimate," he said. "And I know that law enforcement is using other methods to try to determine a more exact date, but from an autopsy point of view, it's a very rough estimate."

The autopsy included a whole body CT scan, an examination by a forensic pathologist and by a forensic anthropologist, and a toxicology analysis, Blue said at the news conference.

[...]

The coroner said Petito's remains were at a mortuary in Wyoming.

[...]

At Tuesday's news conference, the coroner did not identify Laundrie as a suspect in the case, although he referred to Petito's case as "only one of many deaths around the country of people who are involved in domestic violence."

Blue told CNN the domestic violence comment was "strictly an assumption."

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads