Found Deceased WY - Joseph 'Joey' Peterson, 16, autistic, Casper, 10 Nov 2019 *winter storm*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My youngest two, who were teens, befriended a young man with Aspergers. My daughter dated him for awhile as well. While they have all graduated, they have remained friends.

One thing that I told my kids when they hung around with this wonderful young man, was to watch out for him and make sure that some of the meaner kids don't influence him in a negative way. There were several that did this to him, teaching him inappropriate things to be "funny", but it wasn't so funny when he said it in front of adults. We were patient with him and repeated things over and over again for him to finally grasp what was appropriate and what wasn't. He is such a great kid, always has been. He tried to fit in, he just wanted friends like everyone else. I know my kids friendship means the world to him, high school is hard enough for anyone, and he was no exception. He is also an amazing athlete- he broke many records at our high school in Cross Country and Spring Track.

My son is also close friends with a wonderful young man who has Aspergers. We love him and you would never know that he has Aspergers. Amazing young man, served in the Air Force, has a great job, and a small close group of friends that my son has been a part of since high school.

I'm so sorry you both have struggled with Aspergers, but just know you are amazing and can do anything you set your mind to. Hang in there.
Thank you. We do have some pretty amazing talents & savant like abilities, which is kind of cool/neat.
I was struggling with Asperger’s the most when I didn’t know that I had Asperger’s. Which was up until I was 40. Back in my childhood people with ASD were diagnosed with ADHD & labeled as the bad kid/the disruptive kid.
Every one of us, ASDers & everyone else in the world struggle. Some with friendships, some with money, some with anger, some with anxiety, some depression, some with narrow mindedness & so much more. I don’t think that any one person has a life full of sunshine, butterflies & unicorns. I think life is what you make of it.
I choose to look at my Asperger’s as gift. It is my ministry which is why I am so candid on here & in my life outside of WS. I’m pretty sure that there other adult HFA’s & Aspie’s here on WS & in the world that have no idea why they feel different & alone as well as maybe even others who have an inkling but haven’t addressed this part of themselves.
Anyway, thank you for your kind words. :)
I hope that Joey & his family realize what an amazing person he is! Praying for you Joey & your family!

Search for missing Wyoming boy with autism shifts to recovery effort - CNN

Joey Peterson wandered out of his rural house wearing a sweatshirt and pajama pants.

It wasn't nearly enough to protect him from the brutal cold.

Now authorities are scouring the remote wilderness by both land and air in hopes of finding the 16-year-old boy with autism, even if he's not alive.

“Factoring the time frame, lack of clothing Joey was wearing, no food source and extreme weather conditions, the search for Joey at this time is consistent with a recovery," Natrona County Sheriff's investigator Taylor Courtney told reporters.

Has anything been said by his family/parents? I don’t understand why they have been so quiet. In other missing persons cases, parents se to be more vocal. Am I missing something??
I haven’t read or seen anything in regards to his family beyond LE asking the community to keep the family in their thoughts.
There are several news conferences on LE Facebook page in which I don’t believe the family said anything during any of those.

Natrona County Sheriff's Office

I haven’t read or seen anything in regards to his family beyond LE asking the community to keep the family in their thoughts.
There are several news conferences on LE Facebook page in which I don’t believe the family said anything during any of those.

Natrona County Sheriff's Office
I just read on FB a post from his dad. Which is why I deleted my previous post.

MISSING: Frantic search for boy with autism, who vanished during frigid weather, enters day 10

A witness saw Joey running through the fields south of his home on the day he vanished.

How did I miss that??
I know we aren’t allowed to use SM but this info about him running through the field is there.
As well as a whole slew of other info/things about Joey’s family & the very possible reasons that his family didn’t chime in...that I guess I cannot say, correct???
I don’t want to go to WS’s jail.

Courtney said Joey’s path away from the home was determined early on by visual and witness accounts. The extreme terrain and weather conditions that quickly moved in on the day Joey left his home have contributed to this search’s challenges.

“Three individual bloodhound teams also indicated the pattern of travel that matched the footprints,” he said. “Ultimately the K-9 teams lost those tracks.”

Another set of footprints were located by search personnel, which were found on November 16th on the base of Casper Mountain and appeared to be days old.

Roughly three miles of foot prints were tracked during the search, which were not in a straight path.

There was some bleeding found from one of his bare feet, he said. :(

Sheriff: Search for Joey now 'recovery' effort, focused on private property - Casper, WY Oil City News

Kind of figured this as how cold and wet it’s been here, but sobering to read it in print.
I know, and I am so sorry. It is hard when it becomes a recovery mission. As one who searched for a local man years back, it was so devastating that we were not far from where he was found deceased. It's something that stays with you forever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbennett90
Back