WY WY - Nash Quinn, 39, Laramie, 8 Jul 2024 *visiting professor at the University of Wyoming, avid bicyclist*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUL 25, 2024
Quinn’s family started a [fundraiser] to help fund search efforts, according to a Tuesday afternoon news release. In just a few hours, the fundraiser has brought in nearly 300 donations totaling more than $16,000.

Both Quinn and his bike are missing, which has the family concerned he could be hurt.

“The search areas in and around Laramie Wyoming are very vast, encompassing approximately 70,000 acres,” Tess Quinn, Nash’s sister, wrote on [fundraiser]. “The cost associated with this massive search is overwhelming.”

There's a big bike race tomorrow on many of the trails that the volunteers are currently searching. The racers will all be advised of the situation in case they see anything. I don't know the number of racers, but think it's in the hundreds. I also don't know how this will affect the searchers tomorrow. The trails are still open to the public during the race.

Ugh! This is exactly why we need to 1) tell people where we are biking, hiking, running, walking. At the very least, tell someone you’re starting point so people know where to look for you. 2) Bring your phone with you! None of the excuses that I hear are valid. If you don’t want to carry it, then secure it somewhere on your body or on your bike. If you want to escape from the world, then fine. Use your self-control to not look at your phone, but bring it with you.
There are sports/smart watches with a SIM card and WiFi, if he has one of those, he wouldn't need to take a phone too, as the watch works as a phone. And with a watch, there's less risk to drop it.
NQ is not married, and is described as 'independent', so there was perhaps not someone he wanted to tell where he was going, but it would have been a good idea to leave a note at home where he planned to go.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back