GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The NY Post article says YO denies that anyone else stabbed her, but will not admit to stabbing herself. It also says she passed on having a lawyer present when interviewed by authorities.

so that I don't get time out... And burn in hello.... For what I am thinking ...

:gasp:

:thud:

:devil:

ETA: This is regarding the nanny's family request of $$for legal fees...

Some news reports quoted her sister as saying Ortega had an accounting degree. I wonder why she lost her first accounting job and then did not try to get another? ...
Police Charge UWS Nanny in Stabbing Death of 2 Kids

By Jonathan Dienst

Saturday, Nov 3, 2012 | Updated 10:33 PM EST

Yoselyn (Ortega) is the youngest of six siblings, most of whom live in the United States. ... emigrated to the United States in the early 1980s after graduating from accounting studies at Santa Ana College in Santiago.

Yoselyn Ortega worked as the manager of a print shop in Manhattan, until she separated from the father of her child. She returned to Santiago for a while, but then went back to the U.S., her sister said.

Miladys Ortega said that when her sister got back to New York, she couldn't find an accounting job and decided to work as a nanny because she loves children.

During her last conversations with Yoselyn, her sister didn't say anything that seemed unusual.

--------

Read more: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...elyn-ortega-krim-kids-stabbing-177123311.html

Yes very sad for her son. So many lives ruined : (
Perhaps he will move to DM and have family,love and support there?
I truly feel for him, imagine living with what his mother has done.
I don't know what I would do in his position. If they had a close relationship he would be heartbroken.
BBM
No, thank you! ... It's crowded here as it is (J/K) :)

But on a serious note, her son is quite grown. 17, if i am not mistaken.
And Ortegas have enough family in US, by the looks of it.
More likely he will stay in States (long term, i mean), where everyone "gets a fair shot"... And, as others, will pursue the "American Dream", when everyone does their "fair share", when everyone "plays by the same rules"...)))

The NY Post article says YO denies that anyone else stabbed her, but will not admit to stabbing herself. It also says she passed on having a lawyer present when interviewed by authorities.
Source: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/kid_slay_nanny_charged_ho8oYOdhScqCsmTz2EujGJ

Ortega didn’t acknowledge the horrific act during a bedside interview yesterday with cops and prosecutors at New York Hospital.

But she admitted that she was having money troubles, law-enforcement sources told The Post.

“She said she was concerned about money. She wanted more money,” a source said.

During an interview with a prosecutor, Ortega appeared nervous, but declined to have a lawyer present, the source said.

<modsnip>

BBM
No, thank you! ... It's crowded here as it is (J/K) :)

But on a serious note, her son is quite grown. 17, if i am not mistaken.
And Ortegas have enough family in US, by the looks of it.
More likely he will stay in States (long term, i mean), where everyone "gets a fair shot"... And, as others, will pursue the "American Dream", when everyone does their "fair share", when everyone "plays by the same rules"...)))

My son is 17 and I wouldn't really call that grown. He certainly isn't ready to go out and live in the world on his own just yet. I feel sorry for the nanny's son. This is going to make him grow up so much quicker. What his mother has done will no doubt have long lasting effects on every part of his life.

Police Charge UWS Nanny in Stabbing Death of 2 Kids

By Jonathan Dienst

Saturday, Nov 3, 2012 | Updated 10:33 PM EST

Yoselyn (Ortega) is the youngest of six siblings, most of whom live in the United States. ... emigrated to the United States in the early 1980s after graduating from accounting studies at Santa Ana College in Santiago.

Yoselyn Ortega worked as the manager of a print shop in Manhattan, until she separated from the father of her child. She returned to Santiago for a while, but then went back to the U.S., her sister said.

Miladys Ortega said that when her sister got back to New York, she couldn't find an accounting job and decided to work as a nanny because she loves children.

During her last conversations with Yoselyn, her sister didn't say anything that seemed unusual.

--------

Read more: http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...elyn-ortega-krim-kids-stabbing-177123311.html

Thanks for the link. I would think that an accountant who is bi-lingual...would have better opportunities in the greater NYC area...which with its mass transit is quite large...than doing child care. I think there is a larger story here. Her son is grown. She had supportive, extended family.

She had OPTIONS.

Continue here and keep this info in mind:

1.WS tries to respect the privacy of the victims.
2.WS tries not to give airtime via conversation or links to racist, agendized, or just plain trollish websites that only exist to create controversy.
3. The same rules apply throughout WS not just in the main forum. That means any of the private forums and even member profiles all abide by the same rules.
4.Blogs are not fact checked at all. Anyone can start a blog and post what they think. That is why we do not allow them as resources and have asked for them not to be posted.
5. Consequently, as unreliable as it may be at times- and we all know it is, MSM is our best source for now. Members should start with MSM and then be discriminating about what is contained in the articles and whether they are direct quotes or simply anonymously sourced.
6. WS is victim friendly. Under no circumstances are family members blamed directly or indirectly, particularly in a case like this where there is no justification under any scenario for one person to murder children.
7.Please avoid being confrontational and argumentative in posting. No need to agree but there are ways to debate fairly.

I encourage everyone to read the rules and etiquette because as you know, we really do moderate. Everyone's contributions are appreciated here, especially when it is done under the guidelines.
Thanks everyone.
Is occasional YouTube link OK?

Pretty sure, I saw in some other forum's threads YouTube links occasionally .. there is even an YouTube TAG built in into the forum software, which is quite handy, by the way.

------
<modsnip>

Is occasional YouTube link OK?

Pretty sure, I saw in some other forum's threads YouTube links occasionally .. there is even an YouTube TAG built in into the forum software, which is quite handy, by the way.

------
<modsnip>

sure if it is from MSM.
Thinking about this- also ok might be an educational type video for reference if it is from a reasonable site.
It can also be ok under different circumstances so best to check with a moderator before posting when you are in doubt.

One thing that would really be helpful is if everyone took a minute to read the rules and etiquette linked in the OP.
I can actually see who has read at the link and all I am going to say is not everyone has read them.

Takes some of the guesswork out of what is and is not ok.

Specific to this thread for now is MSM only or approved blogs.

HTH and my goal here is to keep the thread open and do so with as little sensationalism as possible.

There is already a FB page asking for funds and support of the nanny. it reads the funds are for her "legal team."

If I cannot post the above, mods please delete. Thanks for correcting the son's full name.

Are you KIDDING me??!! <modsnip>

Does anyone know who Mr. Softee is? Just wondering if this is exclusive to the NY area. Reason I ask is because someone mentioned earlier today about the surviving little girl and if she was able to celebrate Halloween. Marina posted some adorable pics on her blog from Halloween last year. Little Leo was dressed as Mr. Softee in a little blue jacket, bow tie and hat, and his sisters were dressed as ice cream cones in what appeared to be darling little homemade costumes.

It's so sad :(

I wonder if Ms. Ortega will be up for cleaning some toilets in jail, now that she doesn't have to do 5 hours per week of light housekeeping over at Krims any longer... :rolleyes:

There is already a FB page asking for funds and support of the nanny. it reads the funds are for her "legal team."

If I cannot post the above, mods please delete. Thanks for correcting the son's full name.

i saw the page... i wonder if it's even legit... could be some bored person with no relation to YO...

(would her family be so callous to actually do this? and so soon?)

i saw the page... i wonder if it's even legit... could be some bored person with no relation to YO...

(would her family be so callous to actually do this? and so soon?)

I think it may be legit. Someone posted a link on that page of another page titled SHUT RAQUEL UP which claims to be in support of the Krim family. Hmmmm

A 17 year old is not a grown man. In fact, teens that age are sometimes referred to as "babies" or "children" in the forum, particularly if they are victims of a crime. Example: "that poor baby" (referring to someone who is over the age of 16 and might be as old as 20). It's something I've noticed many times and found quite odd, but there you have it.

A 17 year old doesn't need daily care, but J.O. still needs his mom and she selfishly took that away from him forever. What she did wasn't just evil, it was selfish on every possible level.

Did she even think about her own son when she decided to kill those babies? Because if so, she must have realized that his life was going to be irreparably harmed forever. How does he live with this horrible baggage?

A 17 year old is not a grown man. In fact, teens that age are sometimes referred to as "babies" or "children" in the forum, particularly if they are victims of a crime. Example: "that poor baby" (referring to someone who is over the age of 16 and might be as old as 20). It's something I've noticed many times and found quite odd, but there you have it.

A 17 year old doesn't need daily care, but J.O. still needs his mom and she selfishly took that away from him forever. What she did wasn't just evil, it was selfish on every possible level.

BBM ... In most cases, I would agree. A 17-year-old only child whose mother just murdered two children, though, will absolutely need daily care, imo.

An AP article from Staten Island Live News published September of this year:

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/09/many_employers_still_unaware_o.html

An interesting and informative article about the laws in New York State regarding the employment of 'nannies'.

Very interesting. How lucky Ortega was that the Krims were so generous to her. There is no law that you must provide any domestic employee with free trips to see their family. The Krims tried so hard to make this a situation where their special treatment of this woman would make her generous OF spirit and loving to their babies. Instead, she slaughtered those babies out of her own envy and odious sense of "entitlement."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donald Redfield
Back