GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Investigators and prosecutors trying to unravel the motive behind the gruesome murders believe the decision by Yoselyn Ortega eight months ago to move her 17-year-old son, J<modsnip> , from the Dominican Republic &#8212; and place him in a private school here &#8212; launched her descent into madness. That, combined with an unsuccessful attempt to get a raise from the family she worked for could have pushed her over the edge, sources said.

If it turns out that neither Yoselyn nor her son have immigrated to the USA legally, I'm wondering how that will play out.

But, without a detailed confession from Ortega, authorities are still unable to determine with certainly exactly what allegedly caused her to stab Lucia Krim, 6, and her brother, Leo, 2, before turning the knife on herself in a botched suicide attempt on Oct. 25.

I read that some of Yoselyn's friends are speculating that she was covering for another member of her family, who was the actual murderer. I guess it's possible, but probably not likely. She might very well have been jealous that the Krim's could offer their own children much more than Yoselyn could offer her son. The rage and frustration built up over time, and when the opportunity arose she targeted the helpless children.

"There was definitely an issue with treatment by her employees, and money issues," a law enforcement source said. "But there must be some other craziness that has not come out."

Sources told "On the Inside" that Ortega was introduced to the Krim family two years ago through one of her sisters who is also a nanny who had met the Krims at Lucia&#8217;s dance class. She was paid $18 an hour, about average for a nanny, which is less than $32,000 a year...

I'm wondering if Yoselyn's sister, who is also a nanny, will still be doing the same work. I can't imagine anyone hiring her if there's the possibility of a serious mental illness running in the family.

Read MUCH MORE at the Source: http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...stress-spiked-after-son-moved-nyc-sources-say

Yes BrownRice .. - i don't think she was making 50 K a year anyhow.. (more likely was MORE on a part-time side .. than on full-time .. or somewhere in between)

12 hours per day .. seems like very high amount of hours.. - maybe it's misinformation... - maybe it took her that much time ALL TOGETHER .. to get to the Job / to get back home .. etc .. maybe there were some breaks (not 12 hours straight etc) between hours .. etc .. who knows..

Or maybe she was putting in MORE HOURS ... ONLY at very end .. which drove her nuts.. with full of anger (about having to clean up, do housework .. blah blah etc etc .. with her being a BABYSITTER / NANNY or some similar term ... rather than a HOUSEKEEPER) ... :rolleyes:

-------

BTW .. what show on HLN it was on (cuz i missed it) .. -- maybe i will catch it later ... Valez-Mitchell's one maybe (or whatever her name is)?

Tonight on HLN (CNN) the guy from DNAINFO.com was on there (Maurice) and he said the salary was $18/hr BUT he said she made $600/month. So I don't know if he misspoke or if perhaps she was clearly a very part-time nanny.

I think that was suppose to be $600 per week.

If it turns out that neither Yoselyn nor her son have immigrated to the USA legally, I'm wondering how that will play out.

I read that some of Yoselyn's friends are speculating that she was covering for another member of her family, who was the actual murderer. I guess it's possible, but probably not likely. She might very well have been jealous that the Krim's could offer their own children much more than Yoselyn could offer her son. The rage and frustration built up over time, and when the opportunity arose she targeted the helpless children.

I'm wondering if Yoselyn's sister, who is also a nanny, will still be doing the same work. I can't imagine anyone hiring her if there's the possibility of a serious mental illness running in the family.

Read MUCH MORE at the Source: http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...stress-spiked-after-son-moved-nyc-sources-say

I had never entertained the thought that she was covering for another member of her family. I think LE would have checked that out before charging her. Because of her being incubated, LE had lots of time to verify where all YO's family members were at the time of the murders.

I think that was suppose to be $600 per week.
If so ... that would make it $31,200 per year (600 x 52) ... basically along the lines of article's report ...

I am Jewish ... I know how to count money, LOL :D

( just kidding :))))

It is hard not to wonder about that.

We have a local couple here that lost their 3 precious children( 2 girls and a boy) when a semi plowed into the back of their car on the freeway. Horrible story.

kek.jpg

http://lifetomotion.com/login/coble/index.html
this is an old website- not sure if there is still activity.

Anyway, they became pregnant 6 months later with triplets (2 girls and a boy).
Quite a bittersweet story that brings a tear to my eye every time I read it.

The new babies were born 4-30-08 just short of the1 year anniversary (5-4-07) that they lost their little ones.
Here is their thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55881&highlight=triplets

I will never forget that case. I'm a local too. It was horrible and then miraculous.

Well it's a dirty job ... BUT someone has to do it, isn't it?

In US of A EVERYONE is entitled to legal representation... ;)

"Legally made" / "voted for" laws.. - have to live with them and by them then...

------

Wonder if Valerie Van Leer-Greenberg is a court appointed attorney as well, besides being some kind of, so called, "top-flight" one, as it was reported... :rolleyes:

As an attorney myself my feeling is that everyone is entitled to legal representation but no one should have dishonest representation.

There is a way to provide a zealous defense, but one that is honest, without making stuff up, lying, throwing innocent people under the bus. Just examine the facts and try to get the most appropriate deal possible for your client based on the circumstances. :twocents:

YO is a citizen of this country.

Gosh, if I had always gotten paid what I THOUGHT it was worth, wouldn't the world be a splendid place?? That Nanny needs to get off the cross, we need the wood!

I would never have accepted a job that paid me only what I was worth! :waitasec:

$18.00 an hour for a nanny job is unheard of where I live. I guess the wages are higher in New York and possibly Los Angeles. I was making $10.00 watching 3 kids.

The pay sounds really good to me, but I know how expensive rent is in New York and all. It doesn't really matter, there is no excuse for what she did to those kids. IMO she should have taken her son out of the private school and let him go to public. That would have freed her up of quite a bit of money, but maybe she didn't want to do that because he was so close to graduation being that he was 17.

More and more info is leaking out.

Sounds like theyre making up a "the nanny didn't do it" story, only this time she really did. Sheesh, I wonder what they'll come up with next.

Yes BrownRice .. - i don't think she was making 50 K a year anyhow.. (more likely was MORE on a part-time side .. than on full-time .. or somewhere in between)

12 hours per day .. seems like very high amount of hours.. - maybe it's misinformation... - maybe it took her that much time ALL TOGETHER .. to get to the Job / to get back home .. etc .. maybe there were some breaks (not 12 hours straight etc) between hours .. etc .. who knows..

Or maybe she was putting in MORE HOURS ... ONLY at very end .. which drove her nuts.. with full of anger (about having to clean up, do housework .. blah blah etc etc .. with her being a BABYSITTER / NANNY or some similar term ... rather than a HOUSEKEEPER) ... :rolleyes:

-------

BTW .. what show on HLN it was on (cuz i missed it) .. -- maybe i will catch it later ... Valez-Mitchell's one maybe (or whatever her name is)?

Some numbers do not add up in my mind.

A) It only takes 30 minuts to get to any Harlem apartment from here.
no long commute - the upper west side is adjacent to Harlem.
B) 12 hours a day at $18. an hour is not 32K a year - NO WAY.
C) MAYBE she only worked Part time IF she earned only 32K

$18.00 an hour for a nanny job is unheard of where I live. I guess the wages are higher in New York and possibly Los Angeles. I was making $10.00 watching 3 kids.

The pay sounds really good to me, but I know how expensive rent is in New York and all. It doesn't really matter, there is no excuse for what she did to those kids. IMO she should have taken her son out of the private school and let him go to public. That would have freed her up of quite a bit of money, but maybe she didn't want to do that because he was so close to graduation being that he was 17.

More and more info is leaking out.

The irony is the employers sent their child to public school, but the help sent their child to private school.

Anybody else notice a pattern here? YO is the baby of a large family. When she decides she wants to move to NYC because she "loves it"...she has a problem...her CHILD. But her sister steps in and takes care of YO's problem...and agrees to raise and parent that child while YO moves thousands of miles away. Somebody ELSE took care of YO's problem so she could avoid responsibility.

When YO gets to NYC, is she responsible for HERSELF? No, another sister lets her live with her, provides for her. Was she just working part time as a Nanny. What a luxury to live inNYC and not have to work two jobs to pay rent and eat. No, her family once again enabled YO NOT to face responsibility.

Then YO decides she wants her own place and her son with her. She wants him in PRIVATE school. Once again. the family indulges her "wants" but this time with a time limit....her brother pays tuition for ONE year. Then it will be up to YO. Maybe they were tired of YO just indulging herself without responsibility for the COSTS of her decisons.Maybe they told her the gravy train had stopped.

Now she thinks the Krims will "give" to her as her family used to do. Instead, they offer her more WORK. YO does not want WORK. She didn't work at raising her own son...leaving him to indulge herself. Her family indulged her over and over.

She is FURIOUS now that people expect her to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. Sounds like she spent her whole life successfully avoiding it.

So maybe the daily mail is not copying the other papers. Maybe they are original. :)
They generally do (copy) .. BUT .. not this time .. -- this time looks like the info was directly from them (they were info's original source) :)

as to 12 hours.. - pretty sure she didn't work 12 hours/per day....

Maybe once in a blue moon .. who knows.. but not on constant basis... pretty sure of that...

if 33 hours per week (or so) sounds about right .. then that's what it was, more likely, on average.

Anybody else notice a pattern here? YO is the baby of a large family. When she decides she wants to move to NYC because she "loves it"...she has a problem...her CHILD. But her sister steps in and takes care of YO's problem...and agrees to raise and parent that child while YO moves thousands of miles away. Somebody ELSE took care of YO's problem so she could avoid responsibility.

When YO gets to NYC, is she responsible for HERSELF? No, another sister lets her live with her, provides for her. Was she just working part time as a Nanny. What a luxury to live inNYC and not have to work two jobs to pay rent and eat. No, her family once again enabled YO NOT to face responsibility.

Then YO decides she wants her own place and her son with her. She wants him in PRIVATE school. Once again. the family indulges her "wants" but this time with a time limit....her brother pays tuition for ONE year. Then it will be up to YO. Maybe they were tired of YO just indulging herself without responsibility for the COSTS of her decisons.Maybe they told her the gravy train had stopped.

Now she thinks the Krims will "give" to her as her family used to do. Instead, they offer her more WORK. YO does not want WORK. She didn't work at raising her own son...leaving him to indulge herself. Her family indulged her over and over.

She is FURIOUS now that people expect her to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. Sounds like she spent her whole life successfully avoiding it.

It's a nice yarn you spin, but unfortunately the facts don't exactly support it. Don't you think that what she's done is bad enough without having to villify her even more? MOO

It's a nice yarn you spin, but unfortunately the facts don't exactly support it. Don't you think that what she's done is bad enough without having to villify her even more? MOO
Thank you for saying this.....

we are getting lots of information from dubious sources, and really have few FACTS.

The facts are horrible enough, and I plan to wait for more information from reliable sources......

we are truly vilifying her minor son, as we have NO real idea where he went to school, too!!!!

No one is vilifying her son. It is not his fault that his Mother left him to be raised by others so she could fulfill HER dream of living in NYC. We can assume, in fact, that he is a fine young man.

It is a sad fact that his name is being mentioned in articles and his Mother is probably one of the most hated murderers in NYC...but THAT too is another outrage to lay at YO's feet.

The things that YO has already admitted and her own attitudes...but most of all the hideous atrocity she committed...smear her far worse than any words on this Board.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back