GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
11/28 is the scheduled arraignment date.
According to this, i guess: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8555744&postcount=577"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Can't help but think of the Krim family today. Keeping them in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi everyone, and Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. No I was not hit by Sandy Storm, I was very lucky and nothing happened, but my computer is down and I jut got my friends apple Notebook (so I may make mistakes) till I get mine fixed (this week).

I do not have anything to add nor have I read the past 5 pages (which I will).
As you all know the last thing that did happen in the building was a move out.

On a personal note: I do not know if any of you believe in spirits or if you will call me a nut job. (I dont care). but I will tell you my last experience.
Thanksgiving I woke up and I was waving bye bye LITO. I think I have awakened from a dream where LEO the 2 year old was ready to depart. (he used to call himself LITO)
I believe his spirit was here in the building until he said bye bye.
Then to make things more strange. I was watching the Thanksgiving day parade, saw LULU that is the 6 year old....But nobody in the room saw it - only I did. She was on top of someones shoulders, and with her huge smile was waving and looking right into the camera,
I freaked when nobody else in the room saw that.
OK the parade starts right by my house (2 streets away)right by the museum of Natural History on West 77 Street, and as it got to 75th Street I saw it.

I know I am not nuts. And you are all welcome to think that I am. I do not care, but I think some dont leave when we think they do.
Since Thanksgiving I had 4 straight night sleep with out a wake up in the night.

I think once the family removed all the belongings from the building it took a few days before they too left.

I'm pretty sure YO knows she is done for. She might try to fight it by pleading not guilty, but I don't think it will do her a bit of good. I don't know if she would get a lighter sentence if she pleaded guilty….not if I was the judge.

I agree.
Hope they do not play the insanity card. she so obviously planned this.
She did not answer the phone when MOM kept calling.
she just went on to do what she wanted to do and it was to hurt the Mother/Father. Mostly the Mother I THINK.
The "B" deserves to get life, and I hope she get to camp out in the general Population.

One of the most damning indicators of premediation in this slaughter is that YO brought those children back to the apartment. She was NOT where she was supposed to be. She was NOT at Dance Class or waiting for Marina in a public place where the children might have been saved from her "mental break. " No, instead, she marched them home where she had them alone and defenseless...and where she knew that her "surprise" that would forever torment Marina would not be "spoiled" by others seeing it first.

DITTO!!! Nor did she reply to the calls Marina/mom was making to find her.
Poor Leo was only 2 and sleeping. She just took a knife to a sleeping baby.:furious:

Fund For Lucia And Leo Krim, New York City Kids Murdered By Nanny, Brings Arts To Kids In Need

Posted: 11/15/2012 7:09 pm EST Updated: 11/15/2012 7:15 pm EST

Read at the Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/15/fund-for-lucia-and-leo-krim_n_2140164.html#slide=1765753

--------

Few nice pics there: (example, under Spoiler below)

slide_263712_1765753_free.jpg

THANK YOU, I sent money the day of the memorial, they want to continue
to support art for children who cant afford to do so.
Their children were involved in all forms of the arts and it was a huge part
of what their lives were about.

If you believe that art is a healing force, or a creative outlet and want to
support those who cant afford it. Please donate it is a great cause.

Is has gone so quiet in here.

The family has another child to raise, and they did not want everyone to treat her differently.
She will be living elsewhere where others will not know the story.
The media does not help them all move on, so they did ask over 1000 people at the memorial to ignore the press/media and to just support the family in this time of need. We all agreed that is the highroad to take.
As a result there is no more chatter.
I dont even know if they decided to stay in NY and I imagine due to his work and this case maybe they are in NY.
But I also think they would have wanted to go back home to SF, California.
IT IS QUIET like you said. But that will allow them all space to heal some.

The more I think about it the more I think she is likely in a psych facility right now. I am currently looking for the NY code that addresses suicide attempts.

They get put in a psych ward. If they are seen as a danger to themselves or others.
I have an MI daughter, who has tried suicide and yes it goes straight to the psych ward.
Other times she was not put in a psych ward but she had not cut herself.

since she's in police custody, who pays for her care? YO or the state?
YO is broke cant pay, but she is in a great hospital and should be moved to a state facility, they are not so great.
But sadly the Hospital that she belongs in was flooded during Sandy storm. :(
I still hope she is moved out of this great Hospital.
SLOAN and CORNELL are better hospitals, Anything related to them is good.
She belongs in Bellview state hospital - not good - also has the big mental ward.

Ok, maybe this is what I was looking for.....

http://law.justia.com/codes/new-york/2006/mental-hygiene/mhy09.27_9.27.html

The director of a hospital may receive and retain therein as a
patient any person alleged to be mentally ill and in need of involuntary
care and treatment upon the certificates of two examining physicians,
accompanied by an application for the admission of such person. The
examination may be conducted jointly but each examining physician shall
execute a separate certificate.

The minute they are a danger to self and or others they go to the psych ward.
My MI daughter was not declared bipolar before her cutting, and was put into a psych ward immidiatly where they tested her.

THIS "B" cut not only herself but 2 innocent children. SINCE there has to be a cop by her at all times she may not be in a psych ward she is cuffed to her bed.

I looked at the Grandma's FB page the other day and from what looks like very recent pictures, she took Nessie to Disneyland. She's wearing a Princess dress and has a big smile on her face. I wouldn't be surprised if the Krim's move back to CA so they can be near their families.

RIP Lucia "Lulu" Krim, We will never forget you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs2ZNhqUy18"]RIP Lucia "Lulu" Krim, We will never forget you. - YouTube[/ame]​

What a terrible crime, to have taken this wonderful little girl so full of life from her family.

There just is no defense.

Hospital reserves decision to bar journalists from covering arraignment of Yoselyn Ortega, nanny accused of killing 2 Upper West Side children

New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center earlier yesterday rejected Manhattan Supreme Court Judge Lewis Bartstone’s request to allow a pool reporter cover Yoselyn Ortega’s first court proceeding on charges she stabbed Lucia Krim, 6, and her brother Leo, 2, in October.

By Janon Fisher / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 8:15 PM
Updated: Tuesday, November 27, 2012, 10:18 PM

The hospital said it will permit an Associated Press reporter to attend the proceeding.

Hospitalized suspects have been arraigned at Bellevue Hospital, a public facility, but Hurricane Sandy knocked its courtroom out of commission.

-----------

Read more at the Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/reporters-barred-covering-arraignment-nanny-article-1.1209132

In sweet memory of ♥♥ Lucia and Leo Krim ♥♥

Published on Nov 27, 2012

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ1mS-brYYU"]In sweet memory of ♥♥ Lucia and Leo Krimâ ♥♥ - YouTube[/ame]

In sweet memory of Lucia and Leo Krim. R.I.P. Little Angels.​

New York Nanny Murder Suspect Ortega to Be Arraigned

By Chris Dolmetsch - Nov 27, 2012 11:01 PM CT.

A New York City woman who worked as a nanny for a Manhattan couple is set to be arraigned today at her hospital bed on charges that she murdered two children in her care, court officials said.

Yoselyn Ortega, 50, was indicted this month on two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of second-degree murder in connection with the Oct. 25 deaths of Lucia and Leo Krim, according to court records.

Ortega is scheduled to be arraigned from her bedside at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center in Manhattan, where she has been held since the killings while recovering from what police say are self-inflicted wounds.

Hospital bedside arraignments aren’t uncommon, and can be conducted through a video link to the courthouse, said David Bookstaver, a spokesman for the New York State Unified Court System, in a phone interview yesterday. The hospital isn’t equipped for such a procedure because of Hurricane Sandy, so the judge will conduct the proceedings in Ortega’s room, Bookstaver said.

The case is New York v. Ortega, 05112/2012, New York State Supreme Court, New York County (Manhattan).

----------

More at the Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-11-27/new-york-nanny-murder-suspect-ortega-to-be-arraigned.html or: http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-11-27/new-york-nanny-murder-suspect-ortega-to-be-arraigned

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt
Back