GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nanny Accused of 2 Killings Is Found Mentally Fit for Trial

By RUSS BUETTNER

Published: April 5, 2013

The nanny charged with fatally stabbing two children she cared for on the Upper West Side last fall has been found fit to proceed to trial by two psychiatrists, a judge said on Friday.

The nanny, Yoselyn Ortega, appeared in State Supreme Court in Manhattan wearing a prison issue tan jumpsuit and wearing her hair in three cornrow braids. Ms. Ortega remained handcuffed and silent, with her head tilted downward, as a Spanish interpreter translated the brief proceeding to her.

Ms. Ortega’s lawyer, Valerie Van Leer-Greenberg, told the judge she intended to challenge the findings that her client was fit for trial. She declined to speak to reporters outside of court.

A challenge by the defense would generally result in a pretrial hearing with testimony from psychiatrists discussing Ms. Ortega’s mental health.

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/06/n...cused-of-killings-is-found-fit-for-trial.html

court-yoselyn-ortega.jpg

Yoselyn Ortega appears in Manhattan Supreme Court on Friday, April 5, 2013. Ortega, a nanny, is charged with killing the two children in her care in their upper West Side home. The scar on her neck, from when she tried to kill herself after allegedly killing the children, is visible.

Ortega's defense attorney said she plans to challenge the fitness finding. She is due back in court on May 6.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ga-mentally-fit-stand-trial-article-1.1308597

How many times did she stab herself in the throat? I can see what might be 3 stab or slice wounds. Can anyone tell if there are more?

Obviously, one of the pre-requisite requirements for Defense lawyers graduation.....is " Murderer Makeover 101." Just as Casey Anthony morphed into a school marm, this creature is now going for the full out "Pitiful Exploited Poor Person" persona.

Her attorney will look for jurors who watch Law and Order...where the wealthy people are always inherently evil...and hope the all todays class warfare will result in a verdict...as bizarre as CA's....where the jury finds killing the Krim children understandable...maybe even justified.

Wait and see.

Obviously, one of the pre-requisite requirements for Defense lawyers graduation.....is " Murderer Makeover 101." Just as Casey Anthony morphed into a school marm, this creature is now going for the full out "Pitiful Exploited Poor Person" persona.

Her attorney will look for jurors who watch Law and Order...where the wealthy people are always inherently evil...and hope the all todays class warfare will result in a verdict...as bizarre as CA's....where the jury finds killing the Krim children understandable...maybe even justified.

Wait and see.

The way she holds her mouth makes her look like an 80 year old with no teeth.

Benefit for the Lulu and Leo Fund last night...

“My simple charming old life, from the moment I woke up till the moment I went to sleep, revolved around my kids and I was extremely proud of that,” Krim’s letter said.

snip

“Kids live in the present and we should too,” the letter read.
“My most magical moments with Lulu and Leo almost never involved material items. It was the look of pride I would see on Lulu’s face when I would pick her up from art class. It was watching Leo’s deep brown curious eyes track a caterpillar in the grass.
“My most important challenge is to remember and see the magic in the present every day.”

snip

She also paid tribute to the host of the event, the In Pursuit of Magic organization, by revealing the special moments she shared with her children.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/life-shattered-article-1.1309954#ixzz2Pm5ApvZk

Lulu & Leo Fund
3 hours ago
This letter was read last night at an event for "In Pursuit of Magic" benefiting the Lulu & Leo Fund.

My Pursuit of Magic
by Marina Krim

I began my own Pursuit of Magic a few months before I first saw Betty Kay and Chloe's magical message sprayed on an otherwise dull sidewalk in Chelsea.

My name is Marina Krim and my story has been on too many front pages of newspapers and websites around the world. 5 months ago, on an ordinary October day in NYC, I lost two of my best friends, my 6 year old daughter Lulu and 2 year old son Leo. Nessie, our middle child, just 3 years old at the time, became an only child. My entire existence was shattered. My simple, charming old life, from the moment I woke up til the moment I went to sleep, revolved around my kids and I was extremely proud of that.

I am not a religious person, so gaining understanding of this through religion was not going to help me. I am a creative person however and that has always been my favorite part of who I am. So, soon after my life changed forever, I remembered the magic of creativity.

I accepted that Lulu and Leo's physical presences were no longer with me and I needed to learn to connect with their spiritual presence. I needed to use my 5 senses "outside the box" to connect with Lulu and Leo. Once I started to do that, little everyday things began to take on new meaning. This was the beginning of my lifelong scavenger hunt — clues that my Lulu and Leo were leaving me to find.

It was on my scavenger hunt when I stumbled upon Betty Kay and Chloe's inspiring message. We had returned to NYC and were back just a few days and, when I saw it, I knew that it was NYC welcoming me home. I knew that I was on the right path, being back in this city that I had left just 2 months earlier with a broken heart and little hope about the future. Their message was almost like the theme of my scavenger hunt. I posted it to the Lulu & Leo Fund Facebook page and learned that there were a lot of people who were In Pursuit of Magic too.

A month later, I met up with Betty Kay and Chloe. Our first meeting, we laughed and cried and chatted like old friends. I told them of a story that my sister-in-law had shared with me, about her friend Sam encountering magic. Here's what Sam posted to her Facebook page --

"I was walking my dog down my block (4th street in the East Village) & trust me, not paying attention to anything besides my text messages, when a reflection on the ground caught my eye. I did a double take & there on the pavement, inches away from speeding taxis, was Lulu & Leo. I instantly recognized the same sign Marina and Kevin had shared on their Facebook page. I think about your family every day, but I never expected to receive such a beautiful sign myself. I took a picture for you, walked away but then walked back, realizing that I wasn't exactly sure what I had seen. When I got there, I saw that it wasn't the spray painted words, it was the entire metal stencil instead. I picked it up, brought it home & think Lulu and Leo would love that their sign is proudly displayed in a window in the cool, fun, artistic East Village."

Betty Kay and Chloe immediately burst into tears upon hearing this story. They remembered that very stencil they had forgotten. It was the real, copper stencil, only 100 of them made; these stencils are their babies and they had never forgotten one before. When they lost it, they said to each other that the stencil was going to find the person who needed it. So, sure enough, of all the people in New York City, the stencil found my sister-in-law's friend, who was on her own pursuit of magic, and ultimately found its way back to us.

After our first meeting, I knew that Lulu and Leo had connected me to these creative, spiritual women for a reason. My two angels knew that their vision, their creativity, their inner beauty and their art would bring me happiness and help guide me to the light again. They were right. In my pursuit of magic, my mind is open and free. The magic could be a look that Nessie gives me or an encounter with an old acquaintance that sparks a memory or a lone dandelion waiting to grant me a wish. Sometimes, the magic isn't right in front of me, it may be disguised. It's always there though - I just need an open mind and heart to discover it.

Betty Kay, Chloe and I have similar messages. As a mom, I've always embraced my kids magical view of the world. Kids live in the present and we should too. My most magical moments with Lulu and Leo almost never involved material items. It was the look of pride that I would see on Lulu's face when I'd pick her up from art class. It was watching Leo's deep brown curious eyes track a caterpillar crawling in the grass. My most important challenge is to remember to live and see the magic in the present everyday.

Thank you, Lulu and Leo, for your magic.

Thank you, Betty Kay and Chloe, for yours.

And to my Nessie, thank you for giving me the strength to pursue all this magic that you and the world has to offer.

What happened to the Krim children breaks my heart. As a mother herself, wasn't YO considering what the impact of her actions would have on her own child ? So maybe she was envious, flirt with the husband, tell the kids to misbehave, take the kids to their lessons late, don't go to work on an important day. There are so many ways she could have hurt Mrs Krim without killing the innocent angels. I really think she must have lost touch with reality. How could she harm the children she supposedly adored ??

What happened to the Krim children breaks my heart. As a mother herself, wasn't YO considering what the impact of her actions would have on her own child ? So maybe she was envious, flirt with the husband, tell the kids to misbehave, take the kids to their lessons late, don't go to work on an important day. There are so many ways she could have hurt Mrs Krim without killing the innocent angels. I really think she must have lost touch with reality. How could she harm the children she supposedly adored ??

I don't believe she adored those kids. I really think this was just a job for her, one that she grew to hate because being around the Krims reminded her of everything she didn't have, but wanted. Maybe she thought that Marina Krim owed her something or should have been more generous to her in not making her work harder for money. I don't know, but one thing is for sure, she hated Marina with a passion when she killed those kids.

I don't think for one moment she lost touch with reality. For all we know she could have been planning this months in advance. The so-called appointments with a psychologist could have been on purpose to set her stage for an insanity defense.

The relationship between an employer-domestic staff is not easy. The personal nature of someone working in your home or taking care of your children is totally different from the corporate/office environment. One might say the employee is part of their family, but in reality that is not feasible.

IMO she is nothing but a cold-blooded murderer who killed innocent children. I don't think she EVER cared for the well-being of them, she wanted to get as many perks out of the Krims as she could.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back