You Can't Make This Up - No Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

This physics professor ran 3,000 miles across America in record time​

Harvard physics professor Jenny Hoffman did something I could never imagine doing. She ran some 3,000 miles from San Francisco to New York City in 47 days, 12 hours and 35 minutes. That is the fastest a woman has ever done that journey on foot.

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/10/1212...ran-3-000-miles-across-america-in-record-time
November 10, 20235:47 PM ET

Did you know bread bag tag colors mean something?

Here is the most common color coding system:

• Monday — Blue
  • Tuesday — Green
  • Thursday — Red
  • Friday — White
  • Saturday — Yellow
In case you’re wondering where Wednesday and Sunday are in the list, well, those days are generally skipped for baking, according to fact-checking outlet Snopes. While origins of the color coding seem to be unknown, Snopes verified through research that many bakeries and stores do in fact use it. In conversation with Southern Living, Harry Peemoeller, senior instructor of Bakery and Bread Studies at Johnson & Wales University in Charlotte, North Carolina, also confirmed use of the system (though he also noted some exceptions).

NEW YORK — A cargo plane was forced to dump fuel and divert to John F. Kennedy International Airport last week after a horse got loose onboard.

On Nov. 9, a Boeing 747 chartered by Air Atlanta Icelandic took off from the New York airport destined for Belgium. As the plane was over 30,000 feet altitude near Boston, a horse broke free in the cargo hold.

“Yes, sir. We are a cargo plane with a live animal, a horse, onboard,” the pilot told air traffic control, according to audio from the flight posted on YouTube. “The horse has broken out of its stall. We don’t have a problem as of flying-wise, but we need to return, return back to New York. We cannot get the horse back secured.”

The mane event: Horse gets loose onboard cargo plane after leaving JFK

Artificial intelligence could be used to predict if a person is at risk of having a heart attack up to 10 years in the future, a study has found.

The technology could save thousands of lives while improving treatment for almost half of patients, researchers at the University of Oxford said.

WHEATLAND, Iowa (KWQC) - A student at Calamus-Wheatland High School has donated 7,000 pounds of produce, from her own garden, to various nonprofit organizations in the Quad Cities area. In less than two years, she has donated approximately 15-thousand dollars worth of produce.

Iowa high school student donates 7,000 pounds of produce from her garden

Oct. 9, 2023 at 8:12 AM EDT

WADMALAW ISLAND, S.C. (WCBD) – As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches, one Lowcountry family has 21 special reasons to be thankful.

The Thornley family on Wadmalaw Island has 21 children, all adopted from around the world. But the youngest little Thornley traveled a different route to join the family – and it all proves a family simply requires love and not necessarily DNA.

Wadmalaw Island family adopts 21 children from around the world; highlights embryo adoption

Updated: Nov 16, 2023 / 08:58 AM EST

As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches, one Lowcountry family has 21 special reasons to be thankful.

1700143779167.png

1700261427341.png

(AP) — A faithful dog who survived after spending more than 10 weeks with her owner who died of hypothermia while hiking in the Colorado mountains has regained most of the weight she lost during her ordeal and is back on the trails, the family said Thursday.

Rich Moore, 71, of Pagosa Springs, Colorado, set out with his Jack Russell terrier named Finney to climb Blackhead Peak on Aug. 19 but didn’t return home. A dayslong search between the peak and his vehicle was unsuccessful.

Dog who survived 72 days in mountains after owner’s death is regaining weight, back on hiking trails

Updated: Nov 17, 2023 / 12:14 PM EST

Found stories are the best!#Chrissyperry was found alive. She was a hiker who had gone missing in the Big Bend National Park for days.Congratulations to all who were involved in the rescue mission! Love happy endings.

1700425421584.png

Updated: 12:10 PM MST November 16, 2023

DENVER — As Americans sit down to Thanksgiving dinner next week, the cost of feeding 10 guests will be less than last year but still quite a bit more than it was pre-pandemic.

The American Farm Bureau Federation on Thursday released its annual report on Thanksgiving dinner, putting the average national cost at $61.17 for 10 people, which is down 4.5% from 2022. That's about $6.12 per guest.

Still, the cost is up 25% from 2019, when it was $53.31.

A New York City woman who died from cancer has raised enough money to erase millions of dollars in medical debt with a posthumous plea for help.

Casey McIntyre told followers in a social media message posted by her husband she had arranged to buy the medical debt of others as a way of celebrating her life.

Ms McIntyre wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter: "If you're reading this I have passed away.

"I loved each and every one of you with my whole heart and I promise you, I knew how deeply I was loved," the 38-year-old wrote.

The posts included a link to a fundraising campaign started through the non-profit RIP Medical Debt.

'I loved each and every one of you': Woman erases millions in medical debt after cancer death

18 Nov 2023

In a manner of speaking, a “unicorn” was caught wandering a national park in Arizona during last month’s full moon.

Updated: Nov 20, 2023 / 01:58 PM EST

1700510524594.png

1700510541441.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member