You're Invited to CrimeCon '17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone live in the 50 mile radius? I have just worked out I am 3868 miles away!

I'm gonna just put this out there: I am VERY local to this and work downtown 2 days/ week. Indianapolis' downtown area is VERY walkable and safe. Lots of stuff in the local area if you bring the family including the world's largest children's museum, western/ Indian art museum, NCAA Hall of Champions, Indy Motor Speedway - great restaurants, a downtown shopping mall and lots more. Plenty of hotel space in walking distance from the convention center- decent prices. There are also many suburban areas to stay that are no more than 30 minutes drive from downtown. I'm more than happy to help you find hotel space and such- tell you what to avoid etc.

I want to go SOOO badly but WOW - it's expensive!!!!

I just registered! I've had a pretty stressful and sad semester, so Mr. Mouse has been encouraging me to treat myself to CrimeCon. (How weird it sounds to say that I'm cheering myself up by immersing myself in true crime for 3 days, but you guys know what I mean.) I agree it would be nice to maybe have a Websleuths badge of some sort--I'm too pathologically shy to ever actually talk to anyone in real life, but I might be able to work up enough courage to smile nervously at a fellow WS-er.

Oh, and PS: Thank you so much for hosting this in the Midwest! Usually everything's on one of the coasts and I can't manage the travel time, but I'm only an hour and a half from Indy--

I'd go in a million years if I could afford it. I am a writer too but not in true crime or crime reporting or anything like that. Hats off to the true crime writers out there. I could never do that. It would break my heart to talk to the families of the victims.

I'm attending, booked on a leap of faith last fall and saved a ton of $$. Making the drive in from the Detroit area.

I agree that we need to find a way to figure out who the WSers are at CrimeCon. Hubs and I will be there but not sure how we will find any of you. Tricia, maybe we can do a planned meet up at some point? Just as an FYI, we registered yesterday for our specific times. We chose the later Murder Mystery dinner at 8pm, the Wine & Crime III (Bloody Mary edition) and our Escape Room slot is 11:00am Sunday.

We will also definitely be at Tricia's Citizen Detectives 101 at noon Sunday.

eta: We also signed up for The Steven Avery experience on Friday morning!

I just registered! I've had a pretty stressful and sad semester, so Mr. Mouse has been encouraging me to treat myself to CrimeCon. (How weird it sounds to say that I'm cheering myself up by immersing myself in true crime for 3 days, but you guys know what I mean.) I agree it would be nice to maybe have a Websleuths badge of some sort--I'm too pathologically shy to ever actually talk to anyone in real life, but I might be able to work up enough courage to smile nervously at a fellow WS-er.

Oh, and PS: Thank you so much for hosting this in the Midwest! Usually everything's on one of the coasts and I can't manage the travel time, but I'm only an hour and a half from Indy--

Mouse, if I can figure out who you are....I'd be happy to come up and say HI even though I am pretty shy myself. Hubs could make friends with a lamp post though so I'll have him do the leg work in getting me introduced to people. ;)

I'm gonna just put this out there: I am VERY local to this and work downtown 2 days/ week. Indianapolis' downtown area is VERY walkable and safe. Lots of stuff in the local area if you bring the family including the world's largest children's museum, western/ Indian art museum, NCAA Hall of Champions, Indy Motor Speedway - great restaurants, a downtown shopping mall and lots more. Plenty of hotel space in walking distance from the convention center- decent prices. There are also many suburban areas to stay that are no more than 30 minutes drive from downtown. I'm more than happy to help you find hotel space and such- tell you what to avoid etc.

Thanks for this info.

I'm going, and bringing 3 kids with me (19, 14, 12) to Indy (but not to CrimeCon).

I'm not shy but was feeling a little weird about going by myself, but I am pretty sure I'll have several hundred potential new BFFs there lol!

I'm going to be in town on the 6th and stay at a Holiday Inn Express for 2 nights, then move to the JW for the 8th/9th/10th.

Who dares me to give Ken Kratz my number to see if he'll sext me?!?!

I'm looking forward to meeting so many of the podcasters I listen to on the regular so I can thank them for all the hard work they do.

I think the FBI Crime Scene Dive Team session will be very interesting.

I know there will probably be some hiccups with this being the first year but the organizers really seem to have put together a great weekend. I was shocked when I saw the regular prices of the rooms!! Whoa!!

Welcome, great news on a first post! Hope all those who are going will take photos and maybe blog about it on here?

See, that's the one thing that would REALLY put me off - people waving cameras around and taking photos of random attendees and bunging them on t'interwebs.

There are no photos of me anywhere online and I want to keep it that way.

<insert paranoia emoji here>

That is exactly what I am going to do. I'm going to open up a new thread for this discussion.

Mouse, if I can figure out who you are....I'd be happy to come up and say HI even though I am pretty shy myself. Hubs could make friends with a lamp post though so I'll have him do the leg work in getting me introduced to people. ;)

We should have some kind of WS ribbon to wear on our shirts to recognize fellow WSers. Or maybe just cover ourselves with fingerprint dust so we can spot a WSer a mile away--

Somebody please let me know how the session goes with Kratz and Fassbender. After today, it should be quite interesting what they have to say. If they show up at all..... Refund anyone?

Somebody please let me know how the session goes with Kratz and Fassbender. After today, it should be quite interesting what they have to say. If they show up at all..... Refund anyone?

I definitely will CoolJ! Hopefully others will share what they learn as well. I was honestly surprised this session was even taking place. I can't imagine why they would want to be in a room full of people but I am looking forward to hearing what they have to say. I'm not sure anything could change my personal feelings on the case though. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni
Back