Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the road they've closed down is Hickory Blvd.? The only Gunpowder Creek I see is the creek that runs under the bridge on Hickory Blvd.

I'm confused. I thought they were at Dudley Shoals.

I have a creek going under a bridge on Pine Mtn. marked, wonder if that's the right creek? Going to check.

Okay, we're looking at the same creek then. I'm looking at the bridge over it on Hickory, but it looks like it does also run under Pine Mountain. So...Pine Mountain is closed to traffic?

There is also a bridge going over a creek right at Dudley Shoals and Burns.

What is with these street names?? Freezer Locker Road, Indian Grave Road, Gunpowder Road... it seems creepy to me!! Just weird!

There is also a bridge going over a creek right at Dudley Shoals and Burns.

Right, but I can't follow Gunpowder Creek down that far. Maybe I just can't see it, I don't know? Looks like it stops dead behind a business off of Pine Mountain. :waitasec:

Right, but I can't follow Gunpowder Creek down that far. Maybe I just can't see it, I don't know? Looks like it stops dead behind a business off of Pine Mountain. :waitasec:

Well we both are lost. :( I can't find Pine Mountain.

Wrong thread for this information, Oz. You could maybe post this info in the thread titled Adam Baker's Involvement. Or start another thread for this topic?

Just a suggestion.

Well we both are lost. :( I can't find Pine Mountain.

It's right off Hickory Blvd. Not far from Christie. Look for the big white bridge over Hickory Blvd. That's gunpowder creek right under it.

ETA: Or type in "Gunpowder Creek", that's how I found it.

I have confirmed with two people who know his family situation that Adam Baker is indeed of aboriginal descent. According to them, he is 1/8 aboriginal, which makes Zahra 1/16 aboriginal (I understand there is no known ancestry on Em's side of the family). As suggested by one of your members, I wrote to LE and received a brief response back from Captain Deal a few minutes later. They certainly are efficient! May I also make a comment regarding the shirt that Adam was wearing during his first TV appearance. If you google aboriginal culture, "vengeance" is a major theme with aboriginal death rituals when murder is suspected. It could just be a co-incidence, but there have been many comments posted regarding his rather unsuitable choice of attire on this occasion. I have also received a message from a former member of Emily's extended family: "God only knows how a grief stricken father may have reacted at the death of his daughter. Like you said he may have in his grief honored his culture out of trauma". If Adam had access to tree-felling equipment, without doubt he would have been capable of laying her torso high up in a tree, assuming that was the tradition of his particular nation. I realise I could very well be "barking up the wrong tree" but in some ways I hope I am on the right track as it is definitely a more acceptable rationale for the disposal of her remains than the alternative - that she was thrown away like trash.

Please make a separate thread for this.

Also that Vengeance T-shirt has more to do with MMA/UFC then it does anything else. I've seen at least 10 of them and asked the people wearing them.

TY OzChristian and while I appreciate you trying to give us this information, this is not really the appropriate thread in which to post it.

This thread is devoted to the search for Zahra's remains and mapping/following the search locations or possible search locations that may lead to Zahra. While your info is intersting, it is not helpful to what we are trying to accomplish here on this particular thread.

It's right off Hickory Blvd. Not far from Christie. Look for the big white bridge over Hickory Blvd. That's gunpowder creek right under it.
Thank you, Thank you.
Now I know why I was lost. I was on the wrong road. Duh!

OZ........

Unless you have been verified by the owner, this is all just rumor at this point, and not allowed on WS.

Can someone help me? What is the creek name that crosses under burns at dudley

I am new to this site and would like to offer what I believe is a new perspective. It is my understanding that Adam Baker either was, or that he claimed to be, of Australian aboriginal descent. When I saw Zahra's photo with the caption referring to "dark child LOL", I interpreted the LOL to mean that she didn't really look aboriginal. It also explains why Zahra's clothes were left behind in the wardrobe after the eviction. During the mourning process, the deceased person's clothes are generally destroyed. They would certainly never be kept as a "keepsake". Death is often referred to as "sorry business" and use of somebody's name after they have died is generally forbidden. As far as mortuary rituals are concerned, this very much depends upon the particular aboriginal nation to which the person belonged. Burial in the ground was never an option. One way or another, the body was offered to the elements, knowing that the deceased is still part of the natural environment. In general, the flesh is dealt with first (sometimes it is even manually removed). A second disposal involves the bones. The body may be left on a platform or in a tree to decay. The bones can later be placed in a hollow log or wrapped in bark or hidden between rocks. Lyne River aborigines have a rather unique custom of dividing the bones into three separate bundles, which are then placed in three different locations. As it becomes apparent that Zhara's body was dismembered, perhaps there could be some truth in Elisa's statement that what Adam "did after the fact is kinda horrifying". Kind of horrifying to us Westerners, but perfectly natural perhaps for a grieving father of aboriginal descent who knew that he could never afford to return her body to her real "country" of birth - Wagga Wagga, Australia.

Even if Adam does have some minute drop of Aboriginal blood running through his veins, I hardly see him as anyone who maintained aboriginal traditions to this degree (or any degree actually). Look forward to him attempting to play this one in court however when he tries to explain the fact that he dismembered his precious daughter, not to avoid detection (oh no) but to practice his own cultural traditions.

Don't think the jury is going to buy that either.

ETA: This is not the place to discuss it, there is a search going on. If you wish to continue the discussion, please start another thread, or PM a mod, or a member to do it for you if you are unsure.

Investigators are in the Dudley Shoals community of Caldwell County, continuing a month-long search for evidence in the disappearance of 10-year-old Zahra Baker.• VIDEO: Divers Search Creek For Evidence In Zahra's Disappearance
• MAP: Gunpowder Creek
Searchers are focusing on an approximately half-mile stretch of Gunpowder Creek, with divers looking in the water and investigators combing through the banks.

I left the links to the video and the map for you all. :)
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25746233/detail.html

The video shows right where they are looking sarx and MKat.
It also says that LE will be issuing a press release later this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717