Pennsylvania - Coronavirus COVID-19

They closed the township parks where I live because there were pickup basketball games happening, kids meeting up to hang out, and people using the playground equipment, etc. I don’t know how I’d feel if they opened up the areas now, I imagine they’re going to attract huge amounts of people...but I’m glad folks will have more options to get outside if they live in condos, apartments, etc.
I think everyone should do what they feel most comfortable with. The park that I want to visit does not have playground equipment. I can understand contamination transmission in that regard. As adults, I think we know how to handle ourselves. MPO

What is this supposed to accomplish? More crime and social unrest? Do we expect the formerly incarcerated to abide by the social distancing guidelines? How will they feed themselves? Will they be receiving a government-funded income? Gimme a break!

512 Inmates Let Out From Montco Correctional Facility Since March

512 Inmates Let Out From Montco Correctional Facility Since March

And then they wonder why people are getting shot in droves, especially in Philly? What did you think was going to happen? Did they think all the criminals were suddenly reformed? I am sure there are a few who are, but I don't understand the recklessness of freeing dangerous people.

And then they wonder why people are getting shot in droves, especially in Philly? What did you think was going to happen? Did they think all the criminals were suddenly reformed? I am sure there are a few who are, but I don't understand the recklessness of freeing dangerous people.
I don't either, and yet they wonder why the surge in gun sales. Hmmmm....

§ = Section
§§ = Sub-Section
DA = District Attorney
EMS = Emergency Medical Services
ID'd = Identified
LE = Law Enforcement
PSP = Pennsylvania State Police
SAH = Stay At-Home
STD = Sexually Transmitted Disease
Syphilis = A Type of Sexually Transmitted Disease

[Contribution # 7274
Thread # 518265]

Last edited:
Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf announced today that 24 counties will reopen on May 8.

Those counties are: Bradford, Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Forest, Jefferson, Lawrence, Lycoming, McKean, Mercer, Montour, Northumberland, Potter, Snyder, Sullivan, Tioga, Union, Venango, and Warren.

US coronavirus update: Some states have partially reopened - CNN

Counties with larger urban centers, such as Philadelphia and Allegheny, are not included on the list.

The county I’m in won’t reopen until May 25th although I’m not holding my breath for that either.

More than two months after Pennsylvania’s first coronavirus case was diagnosed, the state’s case count reached 55,316 on Saturday, including a total of 3,688 deaths.

The statewide totals represent an an increase of 1,078 cases and 72 deaths since the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s briefing on Friday.

The Lehigh Valley had 68 new cases — 29 in Lehigh County and 39 in Northampton County, with 11 new deaths — six in Lehigh and 5 in Northampton. The Valley’s case total is 5,530, with 278 deaths, though state death totals have been lagging behind county reports.

Most of the patients hospitalized and most deaths in the state have been people 65 or older, and two-thirds of deaths have been in nursing homes.

The latest numbers were reported by the state Health Department just as 24 counties eased some of the restrictions that Gov. Tom Wolf put into place about two weeks after the virus surfaced here. In those counties, mostly in northern and central Pennsylvania where populations are comparatively low, stay-at-home orders were lifted Friday and retail stores were allowed to open. But people there are still told to practice social distancing and wear masks, and restaurant dining rooms remain closed.

Next Friday, 13 more counties, mostly in Western Pennsylvania, will go from red to yellow, in the governor’s three-phase approach to reopening the state.

“As we prepare to move a number of counties from red to yellow, we need all Pennsylvanians to continue to follow the social distancing and mitigation efforts in place,” Pennsylvania Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine said on Saturday. “We must continue to protect our most vulnerable Pennsylvanians, which includes our seniors, those with underlying health issues, our healthcare workers and our first responders. I am proud of the work that Pennsylvanians have done so far, but we cannot stop now, we must continue to take the necessary steps to protect ourselves from COVID-19.”
Pennsylvania coronavirus update: Cases cross the 55,000 mark

On Sunday, state health officials reported 1,295 more cases of coronavirus, bringing the statewide total to 56,611.

Nineteen more coronavirus-related deaths were also reported. Statewide, 3,707 people have died due to COVID-19.

Most of the patients hospitalized are aged 65 or older, and most of the deaths have occurred in patients 65 or older. There have been no pediatric deaths to date.

Over 227,000 patients have tested negative for COVID-19.

These latest numbers come as 13 western Pennsylvania counties, including the Pittsburgh metropolitan area, will see relief from Gov. Tom Wolf’s most restrictive pandemic orders on movement and businesses this week.

The only western county held back, Beaver County, is home to a severe nursing home outbreak where dozens have died and a congressman is calling for an investigation.
Coronavirus Pennsylvania: Statewide COVID-19 Cases Exceed 56,000 As Death Toll Rises Above 3,700

The only western county held back, Beaver County, is home to a severe nursing home outbreak where dozens have died and a congressman is calling for an investigation.
Coronavirus Pennsylvania: Statewide COVID-19 Cases Exceed 56,000 As Death Toll Rises Above 3,700
rsbm

BEAVER, Pa. (KDKA) – The Beaver County District Attorney’s Office will not prosecute businesses that open in violation of Gov. Tom Wolf’s shutdown order.

“The current orders defining which businesses are ‘life sustaining’ and which are not ‘life sustaining’ bear no rational basis to the businesses impacted and the ability of a business to operate in a safe manner and are therefore unenforceable,” District Attorney David Lozier said.
---------

Amadio along with the other county commissioners said the governor told local leaders his decision was based off the number of positive cases and deaths coming out of Brighton Rehab and Wellness Center.

“The nursing home outbreak is not a new development, it’s been going on for weeks and this administration’s irrational decision to sit on the sidelines at the beginning and the Department of Health’s failed oversight has now resulted in that administration punishing all of Beaver County,” said Commissioner Daniel Camp.
Gov. Wolf Keeps Beaver Co. In The 'Red' Phase, But Officials Say They're Moving The County To 'Yellow' May 15

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back