GUILTY UK - Leiland Corkhill, 13 Months, murdered - died in Hospital 7 Jan 2021, Foster parents on trial.

Why do children keep being punished for normal child things?!:( Not talking solely about this case but the last few I’ve followedit’s been the same the child is “naughty” when really all they are is being a child.
I’ve noticed this too. It’s disturbing and very bizarre. The child is too young to understand what he is “doing” anyway even though he isn’t “doing” anything but being a child.

I’m quite aghast at the text conversations in which the foster “mother” appears to have called the child fat. Firstly, a child of that age is not responsible for his own physique; and in any case, many babies are naturally and healthily chubby and grow out of that. Second, quite cheeky comment from someone with shoulders the size I’ve seen in the photos the likes of the Daily Mail has. You’re hardly Kate Moss yourself, love. Sorry to get personal but hey she did, about a baby whose diet she was responsible for.

I know she's minimising her actions, but I could empathise with this:

As she was shaking him, she thought 'please stop crying, I can't take it.'
"I just wanted it to stop."

That's one reason I don't have children: I simply cannot take the sound of a screaming child, it sets off a fight-or-flight response in my head and I'm just desperate to escape it. I can understand (note: understand, not excuse) a stressed-out mother reaching the end of their tether and doing something awful.

However... it's clear she'd been failing to cope and resorting to violence for some time ("leathered" and the pathology descriptions sure don't sound like a "tap on the hand" for discipline), and she was in a fortunate situation where, unlike most mothers, she did have the option to "just give him back"... why oh why did she not do that? Hard to sympathise when given the wider context, however much I can relate to the feelings she describes - I had the good sense to not put myself into that situation in the first place!

Is it some kind of sick joke??? o_O

the end of one's rope​

noun phrase

Definition of the end of one's rope

informal

: a state in which one is not able to deal with a problem, difficult situation, etc., any longer

the end of one's rope​

noun phrase

Definition of the end of one's rope

informal

: a state in which one is not able to deal with a problem, difficult situation, etc., any longer

It was rather the end of the little boy's life :mad:

I know she's minimising her actions, but I could empathise with this:

That's one reason I don't have children: I simply cannot take the sound of a screaming child, it sets off a fight-or-flight response in my head and I'm just desperate to escape it. I can understand (note: understand, not excuse) a stressed-out mother reaching the end of their tether and doing something awful.

However... it's clear she'd been failing to cope and resorting to violence for some time ("leathered" and the pathology descriptions sure don't sound like a "tap on the hand" for discipline), and she was in a fortunate situation where, unlike most mothers, she did have the option to "just give him back"... why oh why did she not do that? Hard to sympathise when given the wider context, however much I can relate to the feelings she describes - I had the good sense to not put myself into that situation in the first place!
I have 2 children, I understand how challenging parenting can be. However, the Castles will have had all sorts of training to be approved as foster carers/potentially adopters and intense assessments, which included information to never use physical punishment.

They seem completely oblivious to what being a parent entailed - frequent waking, refusing food, putting toys in mouth/pulling on curtains are all fairly standard baby behaviours in my personal experience

They seem completely oblivious to what being a parent entailed - frequent waking, refusing food, putting toys in mouth/pulling on curtains are all fairly standard baby behaviours in my personal experience

I don't have kids and have zero maternal instinct but still know all this, did they think they were getting a doll?!

I work with babies the age of Leiland and seeing his photo makes me so sad :( Everything he was 'doing' was just entirely normal baby stuff. These people should never, ever have been given responsibility for a baby.
It might make one a 'failure' at adoptive parenting but why not just hand him back, my gosh? Who cares if your family loved him? Uhhh they can't love on him when he's dead. Oh no, a fee. If you couldn't afford that fee, you can't afford parenting! Especially parenting entirely by choice like this! That said, maybe the adoption service should not have the fee, or have a fee waiver for certain circumstances or something, because it's better that people flake out and give up, than murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back