• Maybe

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Yes-more than once

Votes: 16 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn’t the dr. He’s great and probably doesn’t know it happened. It was a nurse who works in the vaccine section of the clinic my dr practices in.

No covid. The side effects are pretty terrible. I got no extra time off. Still upset by all of that.

I got Covid in November, 2020 but only had mild symptoms.

I've had covid twice this year. First in march and then july (4 months apart). I am fully vaccinated. Two shots pfizer and two boosters, the latest one I got was about a month ago.
How sick did you get, both times?

I put “maybe”in the poll as I’m not sure.
Double vaxxed and boosted but had the worst sore throat of my 60 + years and breathing difficulties last April. Exposed to grandchildren often
Was out of state and had no tests

I put “maybe”in the poll as I’m not sure.
Double vaxxed and boosted but had the worst sore throat of my 60 + years and breathing difficulties last April. Exposed to grandchildren often
Was out of state and had no tests
IMHO, it sounds like it could’ve been a good possibility that you did.
If that was case, could you imagine how sick you would’ve been, had you not been vaxxed.?

I had it in January and was fully vaccinated. Have since had one booster. I’m a nurse and I worked on a Covid floor for almost a year so I’m surprised I only got it once. It’s also come through my house a few times for various members and not everyone got it.

double vaxxed, double boosted, got covid in January 2022, flu-like sick for 9 days, wasn't eating much then so I decided to try intermittent fasting after that and have lost 35 lbs that I have been trying to lose for the last 25 years. just had to share that - my silver lining to having covid, ha ha...

I work in a very public facing job a few days a week and several of us got it at the same time so we figure we were exposed there. I still mask occassionally, depending on where in my city I'll be.

ETA: husband partner person did not get it - also 2xvax/2xboost and in close proximity the whole time. go figure.

Yes!! These old former smoker lungs would put me on a ventilator
This is one of the major reasons as to why I believe my husband got it so bad. But he wasn’t a former smoker. He was a current smoker, for 35 years. His oxygen was 80. He slept and didn’t eat for 9 days. He refused to go to the hospital. He said that if he was going to die he would rather die at home than in a hospital.
He had to see a pulmonologist in June as apart of his prep for surgery (ACDF) and was diagnosed with mild COPD.
His brain changed as well. He had had a stroke on October 24 of 2020 which affected his brain, and now after having Covid it is like he has early stages of dementia. Or at the very least a mild cognitive decline. Although he has not been diagnosed with that, yet.
It’s incredible what Covid did to him. He has absolutely no stamina. For the first 3 months he could barely walk to the bathroom without having to lay down for at least an hour, if not longer.
And so much more.

ETA: my husband also lost weight like @AzPistonsGirl did. He went from 188 lbs down to 164. Was a 34 waist and now is a 30” waist. His appetite has radically changed, too. He barely eats, and sleeps a lot.

This is one of the major reasons as to why I believe my husband got it so bad. But he wasn’t a former smoker. He was a current smoker, for 35 years. His oxygen was 80. He slept and didn’t eat for 9 days. He refused to go to the hospital. He said that if he was going to die he would rather die at home than in a hospital.
He had to see a pulmonologist in June as apart of his prep for surgery (ACDF) and was diagnosed with mild COPD.
His brain changed as well. He had had a stroke on October 24 of 2020 which affected his brain, and now after having Covid it is like he has early stages of dementia. Or at the very least a mild cognitive decline. Although he has not been diagnosed with that, yet.
It’s incredible what Covid did to him. He has absolutely no stamina. For the first 3 months he could barely walk to the bathroom without having to lay down for at least an hour, if not longer.
And so much more.

ETA: my husband also lost weight like @AzPistonsGirl did. He went from 188 lbs down to 164. Was a 34 waist and now is a 30” waist. His appetite has radically changed, too. He barely eats, and sleeps a lot.
Awful!
Long term damage while some barely ill
What a crapshoot this virus is!

My hubby and I just had it for the first time last month. Both vaxxed and double boosted (Moderna). We were really sick for about a week. We're still coughing and don't feel fully normal yet. Interestingly, when I first got sick I thought I had a stomach bug. I was nauseous the entire time, and still feel very repulsed by certain foods. He didn't have nausea but didn't feel like eating at all, and still doesn't have his full appetite back. Interesting to hear all the different ways it affected people.

Caught it almost exactly two years ago, only mild symptoms (sore throat, then fever for one day, followed by losing my taste and smell for 3 weeks, and headaches for about 8-10 days) but the worst was fatigue, which lasted for months and my sense of smell still isn't back to normal... Got my 2 shots of vaccine after and I'll try to get a booster soon, so far no second round and I really hope it stays that way

My hubby and I just had it for the first time last month. Both vaxxed and double boosted (Moderna). We were really sick for about a week. We're still coughing and don't feel fully normal yet. Interestingly, when I first got sick I thought I had a stomach bug. I was nauseous the entire time, and still feel very repulsed by certain foods. He didn't have nausea but didn't feel like eating at all, and still doesn't have his full appetite back. Interesting to hear all the different ways it affected people.
DGS who is 8, had it about 6 weeks ago. Mild stuffiness and congestion, fever and tummy symptoms. Didn’t feel like eating the first few days then it settled in to diarrhea for about a week after he was testing negative.he had more trouble with that than he did the actual Covid.

I got COVID in June from a student (I'm an elementary student teacher) - I was vaccinated and 1x boosted (which definitely helped in recovery) and masked at the time. It was pretty bad, but thank God I did not need to be hospitalized. I will say, I have been exposed countless times after and before, and only ever had it that one time. I truly do think my vaccines helped even though it was still terrible.

My parents traveled overseas in September, vaccinated and 2x boosted, but didn't wear any masks or really take any precautions. They tested positive after coming back to WA, and my mom was unwell, but not terribly so, for about a week, and my father (who had a rapid onset of a myriad of health issues all at once just before catching COVID, he almost died a few weeks before!) had a rough time and was going to be hospitalized. He ended up not being hospitalized, and never needed a ventilator or anything but it was a scary time for them, and for me since I am across the state and obviously was in the loop about my dad's sudden bad health. Thank God they were able to both recover OK with no long COVID or anything, although my dad did take a bit longer to recover.

I literally cannot imagine what would have been if my parents were not vaccinated. My dad (only approaching sixty) would probably be dead right now, so I am very grateful they were able to access them.

Weirdly I never had any cold-like symptoms (obviously worse, but throat issues, coughing, etc.) with COVID. Fever, bad body aches, mind fog, dizziness, loss of taste/smell (I am prone to this with minor illnesses like colds, and it came back quickly after my recovery) loss of appetite and general discomfort were mine. Never any issues breathing.

I went to bed one night feeling a bit achy and uncomfortable but nothing too terrible. I woke up the next morning and instantly knew I had COVID. I felt like death. I took a COVID test and literally as soon as I put it down it turned positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal