• Maybe

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Yes-more than once

Votes: 16 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so frustrated with my drs office. DH and I made an appointment a few weeks ago for the latest Pfizer Covid booster. AFTER the nurse gave it to us we were told that was not the NEW booster but the one we HAD months ago! I was so angry but I kept my cool. She SAID the CDC has not shipped the latest one to our area yet, and that it wouldn’t hurt us. We felt fine, no side effects. But still!
I would have been very annoyed! I had purposely waited until the new booster came out.

Most chain drugstores in the US have the new bivalent booster. I would get another doctor if that happened to me.
I am still thinking about getting the bivalent. Not only to protect myself but for my patients.

My husband (vaxed but not boosted) got Covid in Sept and was very sick for a few days. Fully recovered.

I NEVER felt sick during his bout (I am vaxed and boosted) and we live in a small home, didn't isolate him. My at-home tests were consistently negative. I don't know how I could avoid the virus in our living arrangement, but I never had any symptoms - so I put "maybe" in the poll.

I am assuming the vax/boost protected me completely and at least the vax protected DH from getting a more serious case.

jmo

Not vaccinated, very little precaution in the beginning of Covid, none shortly thereafter. Caught Covid July 2022, after returning from a week long camping trip in IN. DH (vaccinated, not boosted) was first to be sick and was the worst of all - sore throat/headache/cough. I was next to test positive, headache was the main symptom, followed by a slight cough afterwards. DD, 21 and grandson (5 months) - fever/cough for them (both not vaccinated). DS, 18 (not vaccinated) who wasn't with us in the camper, but lives in the house with DH and I, caught it a week after we started. By then, DH and I were fine. He mainly had a headache and was tired.

Had to change my vote as I am just back in the fold after my second bout. This time not as rough but I am still coughing. Mostly felt like the flu - I was surprised it was covid. And this time, husband partner got it... very very very mild for him, lasted about a day. Will line up that 3rd booster soon.

Twice (at least). Christmas 2021 (literally tested Christmas morning) before vaccs were available, then Easter this year after first 2 I think. No symptoms either time, except for a bag of chips smelling a little funky.

I’m a teacher so have been existing in Covid soup throughout the pandemic. Some of my poor kids have had it at least 4 times now, 1 was very ill but has fully recovered. Typically the only time I was ever classed as a close contact was when I offered emergency first aid outside of work.

Just got over a bout of COVID. I’m vaxxed and boosted. I had my 4th booster (bivalent) two weeks before I tested positive.

In bed for 2 days. Felt like crap. Very flu like. No sore throat. Mild cough. Fever and chills were my problem.

Tested negative twice and figured all was good. Symptoms came back, similar as before but not as bad.

I’m still testing positive but a symptomatic and Dr says I’m not contagious.

I had Covid last week. Second confirmed bout for me. It was exactly like the first time I had it in August 2020, just not as intense or for as long.

I haven't had it yet, nor has my husband or immediate family. We're fully vaxed and boosted, including the new bivalent. We went to Germany and Austria for 12 days this summer and spent a few days in various airports. No COVID, but we were very careful. Flew on Air Canada and Luftansa, who were very strict about making passengers wear masks the whole time on board. JMO, it paid off. Friends of ours were in Germany around the same time and both went home with COVID.

I'm still masking when I go out to the grocery store, doctors office, Lowe's, etc. Everyone still has to mask at the medical offices. DIL works at a local hospital and says co-workers are starting to get COVID regularly again, usually from going w/o mask on days off.

I've noticed a couple of times recently that service workers are unnecessarily rude when I'm wearing a mask. I went to get new eyeglasses a couple weeks ago. The optician was hostile to me from the moment I walked in the door and gave them my new prescription. I kept trying to be nice, but she was practically spitting nails at me. By the time I left she was yelling. It was shocking. Went down the street 10 minutes later and got a new pair of glasses with a very nice optician. It happened again yesterday with a woman at the customer service window at Lowes. From the first, using that hostile, edgy tone of voice. Accused me of trying to steal merchandise. I left and came back a couple hours later and got help from some perfectly nice young people working another window.

Anyone else still masking running into hostile people in public? I also occasionally get sarcastic remarks in public, but I ignore them.

I haven't had it yet, nor has my husband or immediate family. We're fully vaxed and boosted, including the new bivalent. We went to Germany and Austria for 12 days this summer and spent a few days in various airports. No COVID, but we were very careful. Flew on Air Canada and Luftansa, who were very strict about making passengers wear masks the whole time on board. JMO, it paid off. Friends of ours were in Germany around the same time and both went home with COVID.

I'm still masking when I go out to the grocery store, doctors office, Lowe's, etc. Everyone still has to mask at the medical offices. DIL works at a local hospital and says co-workers are starting to get COVID regularly again, usually from going w/o mask on days off.

I've noticed a couple of times recently that service workers are unnecessarily rude when I'm wearing a mask. I went to get new eyeglasses a couple weeks ago. The optician was hostile to me from the moment I walked in the door and gave them my new prescription. I kept trying to be nice, but she was practically spitting nails at me. By the time I left she was yelling. It was shocking. Went down the street 10 minutes later and got a new pair of glasses with a very nice optician. It happened again yesterday with a woman at the customer service window at Lowes. From the first, using that hostile, edgy tone of voice. Accused me of trying to steal merchandise. I left and came back a couple hours later and got help from some perfectly nice young people working another window.

Anyone else still masking running into hostile people in public? I also occasionally get sarcastic remarks in public, but I ignore them.
I have not had this problem, but I don't go out and about very much.

Me and my family of 5 had it last December/January. My middle son got it again in August. No quarantining, no masks, no vaccines and nobody else got it for a second time. We are not vaxxed and when we had Covid our symptoms were very mild minus a blood cell situation with my husband which cleared up quickly. TBH the flu that we all had recently was wayyyyy worse than anything I’ve experienced in a long time.

We caught Covid for the first time from our European River Cruise trip in Aug 2022. Husband started feeling unwell on the last day of the cruise, but tested negative, so we flew home as scheduled, but careful to mask up everywhere, in case. Came back home to the US the last day of Aug, and husband tested positive the next day. My guess is he caught it in Budapest, Hungary. Then, I started feeling ill. Yep, positive, too. My symptoms were fever (102°F at highest) and a slight cough. No congestion, no loss of smell or taste. Thankfully, short-lived. I felt better after 2.5 days, although the cough remained for a while longer.

We both had had our initial 2-dose vaccine, and two boosters at the time. Since we got the Covid, we have not yet gotten the next booster (bivalent one). Probably will, in Dec.

While it would be considered mild cases, it sure did not feel good. At all.

@Betty P, how terrible to experience hostility toward you just for wearing a mask! No, I have not encountered that. People seem pretty much matter-of-fact about it. Wear one, don’t wear one—no one remarks on it, or gives dirty or funny looks. For which I am very gfateful.

We caught Covid for the first time from our European River Cruise trip in Aug 2022. Husband started feeling unwell on the last day of the cruise, but tested negative, so we flew home as scheduled, but careful to mask up everywhere, in case. Came back home to the US the last day of Aug, and husband tested positive the next day. My guess is he caught it in Budapest, Hungary. Then, I started feeling ill. Yep, positive, too. My symptoms were fever (102°F at highest) and a slight cough. No congestion, no loss of smell or taste. Thankfully, short-lived. I felt better after 2.5 days, although the cough remained for a while longer.

We both had had our initial 2-dose vaccine, and two boosters at the time. Since we got the Covid, we have not yet gotten the next booster (bivalent one). Probably will, in Dec.

While it would be considered mild cases, it sure did not feel good. At all.

@Betty P, how terrible to experience hostility toward you just for wearing a mask! No, I have not encountered that. People seem pretty much matter-of-fact about it. Wear one, don’t wear one—no one remarks on it, or gives dirty or funny looks. For which I am very gfateful.

My husband's brother and wife are taking one of those river cruises to Budapest, etc. next summer. They asked if we wanted to go along. We decided not to because we want to try to do England next time. It's good info, though. I know so many people who are taking the cruises and was wondering if its ok to do that yet. As long as you're outside, its ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2