Found Deceased CA - Rachel Castillo 25, At Risk, suspicious circumstances, significant blood found in home, Simi Valley, 10 Nov 2022

Thanks @Knox The only details I took away is that the accused was "lying in wait" and the children were not present at the crime scene.

Asked if there had been any previous warning signs about Ali, Christopher Castillo replied: "I would just say that violence has become a part of what is happening in this country, and for whatever reason, I'm not exactly sure why younger people seem to think that violence is acceptable.

"I mean, there's always been murders. There's been husbands who killed their wives since the dawn of time," Castillo said. "But it just seems to be more prevalent in this country. There seems to be less consequences for doing violence. And it's something that really has to stop."

Her father said he was working with the San Bernardino County Department of Children and Family Services to get the children into the custody of his oldest daughter, "who Rachel had indicated that she wanted the children to go to."

which means they are with his parents UGH i hate when that happens.

Her father said he was working with the San Bernardino County Department of Children and Family Services to get the children into the custody of his oldest daughter, "who Rachel had indicated that she wanted the children to go to."

Young parents don't always think of naming a guardian for their young kids if something should happen to the parent. That they know Rachel wanted her sister to have the kids makes me wonder if Rachel suspected something could happen to her at the hands of her estranged husband?

MOO.

Young parents don't always think of naming a guardian for their young kids if something should happen to the parent. That they know Rachel wanted her sister to have the kids makes me wonder if Rachel suspected something could happen to her at the hands of her estranged husband?

MOO.
I sure hope that was in writing. It could be a he said/she said kind of ordeal if his parents want to contest anything. I do hope the sister gets the kids though. IMO

MOO.
I thought of that too, so many times there are mentions of "if anything ever happens to me ...

Given the photo of Rachel with the "suspected" injuries we've seen, it's MOO that ZA has assaulted her in the past, hence the reason Rachel filed for divorce. Rachel's Father Chris, doesn't want to hurt the investigation/prosecution by confirming that info to be true in public, JMO.

Last edited:
I thought of that too, so many times there are mentions of "if anything ever happens to me ...

Given the photo of Rachel with the "suspected" injuries we've seen, it's MOO that ZA has assaulted her in the past, hence the reason Rachel filed for divorce. Rachel's Father Chris, doesn't want to hurt the investigation/prosecution by confirming that info to be true in public, JMO.
They are trying to keep this clean as possible, I hope, for a life sentence.

Simi Valley: Ex-husband of Rachel Castillo formally charged with her murder; currently on suicide watch, officials say
Ex-husband of Simi Valley woman found dead formally charged with her murder

Scheduled Hearings​

Calendar DateTimeCourt RoomCourt LocationReason on Calendar
12/16/2022​
1:30PM​
13​
Ventura​
Arraignment-Continued Arraignment​

As I suspected, her father knew.

Rachel's father, Christopher Castillo, noted that during the search for his daughter he "had a suspect list in mind and I had a theory regarding the crime and what ultimately ended up happening and the reality of what had taken place."

As I suspected, her father knew.

Rachel's father, Christopher Castillo, noted that during the search for his daughter he "had a suspect list in mind and I had a theory regarding the crime and what ultimately ended up happening and the reality of what had taken place."
Yes. I was pretty sure Dad knew what was up. I really think that is why the family expressed so much support of the ex. Dad wanted him to feel safe and not to do anything crazy, while LE got the evidence needed. JMO

Yes. I was pretty sure Dad knew what was up. I really think that is why the family expressed so much support of the ex. Dad wanted him to feel safe and not to do anything crazy, while LE got the evidence needed. JMO
The willpower and sheer control her father had on his emotions is astounding. When my brother was killed, my other brother went into a blind rage. Now we are not only the family of the victim, but also the family of someone charged with a crime in retaliation.

Update--Arraignment was continued a second time for the Ex-Husband of a Simi Valley woman he is accused of murdering.

The Ventura County District Attorney's Office Tuesday filed First Degree Murder with Special Circumstances against 25-year-old Zarbab Ali of Hawthorne in connection with the stabbing death of his ex-wife, 25-year-old Rachel Castillo of Simi Valley.

Ali did not appear in court Tuesday and his arraignment was continued until Wednesday.

On Wednesday he was in court and the Public Defender's Office was appointed to represent him, but he did not enter a plea and the arraignment was continued again, this time until December 16th.

He remains in the Ventura County Jail and is being held without bail and cannot be released.

Prosecutors also accused 25-year-old Zarbab Ali of Hawthorne with "lying in wait" in the death of 25-year-old Rachel Castillo of Simi Valley.

That Special Circumstance Allegation of "lying in wait" means Ali could be eligible for the death penalty or life without parole if convicted although the DA's office has not made a decision regarding which they would seek.

The willpower and sheer control her father had on his emotions is astounding. When my brother was killed, my other brother went into a blind rage. Now we are not only the family of the victim, but also the family of someone charged with a crime in retaliation.
I am so sorry.
I would be so angry as well. It’s so unfair and so wrong.

Moo..wonder if he had keys to apartment? Aka lying in wait or just knocked on door? It can be so complicated if you have children with a violent other....but so often it is absolutely not about the children. Luckily my ex did not give a "f" about child..just pissy about $ an it was government that went after him, not me. I did not want any problems with him.

Last edited:
Moo..wonder if he had keys to apartment? Aka lying in wait or just knocked on door? It can be so complicated if you have children with a violent other....but so often it is absolutely not about the children. Luckily my ex did not give a "f" about child..just pissy about $
I'm puzzling over this as well. MSM reported - Rachel dropped off the kids to ZA & also that ZA picked up the kids from Rachel. It was never clarified which was correct? I did find this and hadn't seen it previously.
Ali is the father of Castillo’s two sons and would pick the children up from his ex every Thursday morning, her family told KCBS-TV.
LE said they do not believe the kids were present during the murder, so I guess he came back at some point after pick-up and prior to 8:30 PM when her sister arrived home and called 911. Given that Rachel lives with her sister and they were divorcing, I wouldn't think he would have keys to their apartment.

Moo. Now the children no parents. I have been in relationships with violence..just the way some people are..it is not personal. But omg if i had a child i would want to vacate away secretly...but that is illegal :(

Moo..it was the laying in wait i think about? He dropped the children with someone. He was there waiting for her to return home.
If he picked them up from Rachel at the apartment that morning ... and it's said she worked from home?

But yes, I get your point. He left them with someone and returned - how he ambushed her remains to be seen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back