Found Deceased CA - Rachel Castillo 25, At Risk, suspicious circumstances, significant blood found in home, Simi Valley, 10 Nov 2022

1668825251274.png

Rachel Castillo was a straight-A student.

Her father, Chris Castillo, said the 25-year-old Simi Valley native and the youngest of his three daughters, was a “go-getter, hard worker and over-achiever.”

Rachel was the first in the trio of siblings to learn to ride a bike, Chris said. Raised in a Catholic family, she attended St. Rose of Lima School in Simi Valley and La Reina High School in Thousand Oaks before receiving a full scholarship to UC Santa Cruz to study psychology and taking a job at a social services nonprofit.

“She finished high school with a 4.28 GPA. I didn’t even know you could get above a 4.0,” Chris said.

But her most important accomplishment was being a mother to her young sons, her father said.

Rachel particularly enjoyed working with Spanish speakers and the homeless community, Robyn said, to connect them to services they might not otherwise access.

"She wanted to help others," Robyn said.

At the time of her death, Rachel was studying in Pepperdine University's graduate program to become a marriage and family therapist, just like Robyn, who is currently completing her apprenticeship to become a licensed therapist.

"We talked a lot about that since she was following in my footsteps, going to the same universities that I did for undergrad and master's program," Robyn said.

Rachel should be remembered for how loving and caring she was as a mother, a daughter and a friend, Williams said.

“She radiated love and joy. She was just so bubbly,” the friend said. “I know she’s going to be watching over her boys as much as she can as they grow up.”

Marriage and split​

Ali and Castillo met as freshman at UC Santa Cruz. They had their first child in college in 2017, and the couple married in November 2018. They would welcome their second child in 2020.

Chris Castillo said when he first met Bobby, he found him “strange” but grew to love him.

The couple was together for six years, her father said.

Court documents show the pair separated in June 2021, and Castillo filed for divorce in March, citing irreconcilable differences. She was awarded primary physical custody of the children. In June, the county’s child support agency recommended Ali pay around $2,000 in monthly child support.

Nov. 2 would have been the couple’s fourth wedding anniversary. Castillo went missing on Nov. 10. The children were not home at the time of the attack, authorities have said.

The boys are currently being cared for by one of Rachel’s sisters but Chris Castillo said Ali’s parents are also seeking custody.

“One of the important things we can do to honor my daughter’s legacy is to ensure my family raises these kids,” he said

.https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/communities/simi-valley/2022/11/19/rachel-castillo-death-murder-simi-valley/69660753007/

While I might feel sympathy toward the killer's parents, and them wanting to raise their grandchildren, clearly the rights of the victim's family should win out (barring details we might not know).
It seems to me that it would just be victimizing the family all over again to have the children of the deceased taken into custody by the family of the man who killed their mother. Yes, that family has been victimized as well, but they didn't lose a daughter.

jmo

Interface Children & Family Services

Interface is devastated by the tragic loss of Rachel Castillo, who was a dedicated member of our team. We stand by in support of her family, friends, and coworkers as they navigate this insurmountable loss.
If you or someone that you know is experiencing intimate partner violence, please call 211 to be connected to resources in your area.

May be an image of 1 person and text

View attachment 380880

Rachel Castillo was a straight-A student.

Her father, Chris Castillo, said the 25-year-old Simi Valley native and the youngest of his three daughters, was a “go-getter, hard worker and over-achiever.”

Rachel was the first in the trio of siblings to learn to ride a bike, Chris said. Raised in a Catholic family, she attended St. Rose of Lima School in Simi Valley and La Reina High School in Thousand Oaks before receiving a full scholarship to UC Santa Cruz to study psychology and taking a job at a social services nonprofit.

“She finished high school with a 4.28 GPA. I didn’t even know you could get above a 4.0,” Chris said.

But her most important accomplishment was being a mother to her young sons, her father said.

Rachel particularly enjoyed working with Spanish speakers and the homeless community, Robyn said, to connect them to services they might not otherwise access.

"She wanted to help others," Robyn said.

At the time of her death, Rachel was studying in Pepperdine University's graduate program to become a marriage and family therapist, just like Robyn, who is currently completing her apprenticeship to become a licensed therapist.

"We talked a lot about that since she was following in my footsteps, going to the same universities that I did for undergrad and master's program," Robyn said.

Rachel should be remembered for how loving and caring she was as a mother, a daughter and a friend, Williams said.

“She radiated love and joy. She was just so bubbly,” the friend said. “I know she’s going to be watching over her boys as much as she can as they grow up.”

motive? (from link)

"Court documents show the pair separated in June 2021, and Castillo filed for divorce in March, citing irreconcilable differences. She was awarded primary physical custody of the children. In June, the county’s child support agency recommended Ali pay around $2,000 in monthly child support."

her dad's guilt is palpable :(

“That was her job. And here it is she winds up getting murdered by her ex-husband,” Chris Castillo said. “When she announced she was getting divorced, we stood by her. Maybe I should have stood by her a little better. I can even remember telling her to work through her problems. In hindsight, it saddens me that I said that.”

motive? (from link)

"Court documents show the pair separated in June 2021, and Castillo filed for divorce in March, citing irreconcilable differences. She was awarded primary physical custody of the children. In June, the county’s child support agency recommended Ali pay around $2,000 in monthly child support."

her dad's guilt is palpable :(

“That was her job. And here it is she winds up getting murdered by her ex-husband,” Chris Castillo said. “When she announced she was getting divorced, we stood by her. Maybe I should have stood by her a little better. I can even remember telling her to work through her problems. In hindsight, it saddens me that I said that.”
How many tragic cases have we seen where one of the parents kills the other over being sued for child support? Way too many....:mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub
Back