Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
The huge problem here, IMO, is that with COVID-19 you don’t KNOW sometimes when someone is sick and infectious. ESPECIALLY with children.

Isn’t this what we have been learning since March 2020? That with this disease, people may be asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic? Particularly younger people? And that therefore they are endangering others because they may silently and unknowingly spread it? Which has in fact been happening for nearly two years? And an integral reason why the virus keeps mutating and spreading?

I certainly hope your children stay healthy and their schoolmates as well. But millions of people have caught this disease, because there are millions who are infectious but are either asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic.

It’s not like Ebola, for instance, which is a hemorrhagic rather than a respiratory disease. With Ebola, people are spurting blood from various orifices and everyone is clearly aware of the danger. That’s why a disease like that is mainly endemic to its place of origin.

I’m sorry, but I can’t understand anyplace that allows for voluntary vaccination AND voluntary masking. The hospitals are full of unvaccinated people regretting their decision. It’s on the news every day. Doctors and nurses and scientists talk about it every day.

My family and 90% of my friends are triple vaccinated. My two youngest grandchildren are too young for the booster. I don’t hate my few unvaccinated friends, but I don’t respect them.

JMO but the opinion of all mainstream doctors and scientists, as well.
I think there are two generic kinds of human responses going on. One group is focused on their own personal risk (age, health, underlying conditions), their own personal risk of severe illness or death, and make decisions based solely on that. Then we have another group of people who are focused on society in general and how we can collectively contain/minimize the damage as a group where the actions of each and every individual are important to the collective whole. And it's not just an American thing. It's happening in every country.

So you end up with two polar systems. One is, "I have rights and you can't tell me what to do." The other is, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." The former is not conducive to containing a global pandemic. The latter is not conducive to people exercising their perceived personal, individual rights. It's really kind of a culture clash. jmo

Believe it or not, this is generally the norm in most states. I’m not even sure CA or NY has implemented mandatory Covid vaccines at this time.
This post pretty succinctly explains why we're in the bad situation we're in. The "norm" does not work for a pandemic of contagion. That much is acutely clear. jmo

This post pretty succinctly explains why we're in the bad situation we're in. The "norm" does not work for a pandemic of contagion. That much is acutely clear. jmo
Well, I don’t make the rules. I’m just saying I don’t know of 1 school mandating vaccines at this time (at least for students).

ETA: And vaccines have been mandatory in K5-K12 schools for decades. Public and private.
No kidding lol. My kids do have their mandatory vaccines. I’m specifically talking about the Covid vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul