Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I got our Pfizer updated bivalent booster and quadrivalent extra strength for seniors flu shot this morning. Our doctor didn’t get them until Friday. I’ve left tomorrow open to spend in bed as before.

Then I went online to make a 4 month overdue mammogram and discovered I have to wait 6 weeks after a covid shot! As soon as I saw that I remembered that someone here mentioned it awhile back, so I’m mentioning it again for forgetful people like me! :)

DH and I got our Pfizer updated bivalent booster and quadrivalent extra strength for seniors flu shot this morning. Our doctor didn’t get them until Friday. I’ve left tomorrow open to spend in bed as before.

Then I went online to make a 4 month overdue mammogram and discovered I have to wait 6 weeks after a covid shot! As soon as I saw that I remembered that someone here mentioned it awhile back, so I’m mentioning it again for forgetful people like me! :)
Might have been me :) My mammogram was scheduled for early July, so I didn't want to get my second booster before the test. The past two years, staff at the imaging center have been asking if you've recently had a Covid vaccination when you arrive. Unless you have had breast cancer previously or your physician believes that the screening must be done urgently, they won't do mammograms if it's within six weeks of your injection. Covid vaccines can cause inflammation and/or swelling of lymph nodes in the injected arm that can interfere with mammogram results. I waited to have my second booster until after my early July mammogram.

My breast center said that if you're doing a diagnostic mammogram with ultrasound, it didn't matter when you've received a vaccine. Not sure if that’s correct.

I received my omicron booster on Sept.8th and realized that my annual mammogram was scheduled three weeks later. I called and they said they no longer put them off in relation to the COVID vaccine. I go to the U of M in Ann Arbor so I do trust they know what they are doing. I even asked the tech while she was doing the mammogram and she said they have been doing them for a several months now no matter when the vaccine was. Of note, my mammogram was totally normal and shows no lymph nodes from the vaccine or otherwise.

I received my omicron booster on Sept.8th and realized that my annual mammogram was scheduled three weeks later. I called and they said they no longer put them off in relation to the COVID vaccine. I go to the U of M in Ann Arbor so I do trust they know what they are doing. I even asked the tech while she was doing the mammogram and she said they have been doing them for a several months now no matter when the vaccine was. Of note, my mammogram was totally normal and shows no lymph nodes from the vaccine or otherwise.
Thanks for great information

Thanks for this info. I’m going to call the imaging department directly and ask. This is a small local hospital system, so they may not be as up-to-date as U of M.

This thread is now closed. Click below to continue the discussion in Thread #110.

Reactions: byo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member