Members' Covid-19 Post-Vaccination Questions & Answers *NO GENERAL DISCUSSION*

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This thread is not for general discussion. It is a Q&A thread for members to post their vaccination information and for others to ask pertinent questions and decide for themselves whether a particular vaccine is for them or not.

Members who have received a Covid vaccination may post:

date of their vaccination
whether it is their 1st or 2nd vaccination or booster
name of the vaccine
any side effects or adverse events

(Link to CDC distinction between side effects vs adverse events)

Members may ask questions of the original poster but extensive back and forth is discouraged so as to keep the thread as factual as possible.

Off topic and/or anti-vaccine sentiment type posts will be removed.

Please do not bring in general discussion or articles / opinions from external sources.

Just received my vaccination. I drove to a hospital in another city. to get it because the hospital system where I am employed was booked up into January.

After receiving the vaccine we are asked to wait 15 minutes, during which time an appointment is scheduled for the 2nd vaccination 3 weeks later.

1st dose of Pfizer vaccine on January 2.
No side effects, not even a sore arm/injection site.

My appointment experience was pretty much the same as IceIce9's. I opted for a Saturday appointment so I didn't have to drive as far across town, and it was very busy but very organized. They had a couple nurses making rounds in the waiting area for the 15 minute after-shot period, making sure everybody was OK and helping people sign up for the Pfizer after-shot, daily surveys (to report your symptoms, if any, for the next week or two).

My husband and I were vaccinated today and were given the Pfizer vaccine. My arm is a bit sore but otherwise we both seem to be fine. :)

Our second dose will be on February 3. The vaccination clinic was well organized and everyone had to have an appointment. Very convenient location. This is in North Carolina.

I had the first Pfizer vaccine 2 days ago (Monday). Arm only very slightly sore (not sore like a flu shot). Monday night I ran a fever up to 101. I was quite nauseous. On Tuesday, my fever subsided and I slept a lot during the day - I did not work. Now I’m fine. I will take the second shot feb 1 and post.

I was vaccinated Wednesday morning, Jan 27, at a small community college in South Jersey where I booked an appointment through the county's health department. My appointment was for 9:35. I got there 5 minutes early and they were calling my time.

I walked in behind an elderly gentleman sporting a cane. I stayed 6 feet+ behind him patiently. My turn to approach the table came within 5 minutes and then I was in line to receive the shot, which happened quickly. Did not hurt at all.

One minute wait to book next appointment for 29 days from today. Requested to sit and wait 15 minutes to be sure all was ok and during this time received literature, a link to register my shot, and a sticker.

So, no line, no waiting outside in the cold...in and out in total of about 25 minutes. And I ran into some friends (former teacher colleagues) while there, people I haven't seen since last March. :)

First dose/ Moderna.

Eta only a tiny bit of soreness in my arm this morning (day after).

Last edited:
I received vaccine #2 yesterday at the Medical Center that I work for. Super organized, held indoors, at our football stadium. I waited behind maybe 10 people. Social distanced with chairs available if needed. Nice social distanced area to wait after, complete with a fully equipped paramedic. We have the capacity to vaccinate 24,000 weekly. Sadly, 2-3 thousand is all we can do because of supply of vaccine. I was very fortunate to be included in this round. Although I work from home, I am considered critical staff due to or work with the ER and Telestroke program. We bring a stroke doctor virtually to ER's in rural areas!

The nurse that gave me the shot said to be prepared for a stronger reaction after #2. ( Pfizer)
I took the day off tomorrow with an option for Friday off as well.

By 8 pm I had a low grade fever and body aches. I could not get warm. I did not sleep well last night. I did take some Tylenol in the middle of the night and woke up feeling better but not great.

I am in Fort Worth. I registered myself and four teenagers (three of whom are currently old enough) on my county's website about a month ago. My 19yo daughter's pediatrician called us last Monday (daughter has asthma) and said we were eligible to register for a shot the next day for her. We immediately made an appointment at the children's hospital for her for the following day. She is anaphylactic to several foods so we were glad to go to the hospital. The hospital had drive-thru shots set up in a parking lot. Then we went to an adjacent parking lot for our waiting period. There was a nurse walking around that lot. I was surprised we only had to wait 15 minutes given her history, but I think they are only requiring 30 for specific anaphylactic problems that do not include hers. She received Pfizer, had only arm soreness the next day, and has her followup scheduled in a couple of weeks.

While I was talking to the pediatrician, I received a mass text that I was eligible to go to a county site the next day. I immediately confirmed. I was given a two-hour window. I arrived 40 minutes early and had about 37 people in front on me. We stood outside with chairs available, six feet apart. It was cold and windy and I was underdressed because I made the mistaken assumption I'd be sitting in my car. People were chatty in line, it felt kind of celebratory. Someone was taking temperatures of people in line, someone else was checking consent forms, and checking people in on an iPad. A few minutes before the time window opened we were allowed inside and the line moved very fast. There was a huge gymnasium (I was at some kind of county complex I've never been to in the 14 years I've lived here). It felt like airport security. The first table took photocopies of driver's license and insurance and then you moved to the next line waiting for a shot. There were probably five copy machines and then maybe 20 vaccination stations. I went up to a table, sat down, pulled up my sleeve, got my shot which I didn't even feel and was given a card with the date and lot number and a little sticky note with a time 15 minutes out. I was then directed to a bunch of chair six feet apart with a nurse walking around. When my 15 minutes were up I left the sticky note on the chair so it could be wiped down and I left. I am still waiting for the county to tell me when and where to get my second shot. Since it is Moderna I'm not due until Feb. 16.

I am so impressed with what I have seen in my county.

DH and I received our second dose of the Pfizer vaccine this afternoon. The process went even faster than when we got the first shot at the same mass vaccination site. Super efficient.

I developed a headache afterwards and took some pain medicine when I got home, and it's better. DH is fine so far. I'm hoping our symptoms won't get too bad. My DIL (a doctor) had several days of bad symptoms after her second Moderna shot.

1st dose of Moderna today. Slightly sore arm. So far, nothing else.

Ours was a drive-thru in the parking lot of a community college. 29 degrees outside and these workers all seemed happy and comfortable. It was almost faster than McDonald's. No one gets out of the car. I wore short sleeves to make it easier and then put my sweater on for work after it was over while I waited the 15 minutes before leaving.

I also had benadryl with, as it was a 30 minute drive with nothing but fields around just in case something happened on the way to work afterwards.

I had my first Moderna vaccine on January 20th (sore arm no other side effects). I had a head cold when I went. The next day I tested positive for COVID. I wouldn't have even had a test if I hadn't lost taste and smell. I just thought I had a cold. I go for my second dose on February 18th.

I had the first Pfizer vaccine 2 days ago (Monday). Arm only very slightly sore (not sore like a flu shot). Monday night I ran a fever up to 101. I was quite nauseous. On Tuesday, my fever subsided and I slept a lot during the day - I did not work. Now I’m fine. I will take the second shot feb 1 and post.

On Monday, February 1, I had my second Pfizer vaccine. I had what I’ve heard described as ‘Covid arm’ that night. My arm burned from my shoulder to my fingers and lasted several hours. It did none return after that. I also got an intense headache that night which lasted 24 hours. I had fever a couple of days but it was low grade. At 48 hours I was symptom free and have had no more issues. My experience of side effects with shot 2 was different than shot 1. The arm and the headache were the worst parts but in the end worth it.

I got my first dose of Pfizer vaccine on Monday. I live in Oregon and qualified since I work with kids. I ended up having a pretty bad immune response to the vaccine. I do not regret getting it as I believe it’s our best defense, but had I known I would get sick, I would have planned accordingly and not done it at the beginning of the work week and on a lunch break.

I’ve been achy, fatigued, with sore throat, swollen lymph nodes and nausea all week. My second dose is scheduled for Saturday Feb 20th and I’m prepared in the event I need to take a few days off.

I wish I had talked to more people before getting the vaccine as I’m now learning more and more people are experiencing this. Again, I do not regret getting it in the slightest, I just wish I would have been more prepared. Rest, Tylenol, and ibuprofen have been getting me through.

Received the first dose on 12/30/20.
Second dose was on 1/27/21.
I got the Moderna vaccine.

After the first dose my arm was pretty sore the next and and continued for about a week. Then for the next 3 weeks the site of the injection was sensitive to touch. After the second vaccine all good the day I got it. The next day I was miserable. Body aches, headache, cold and could not get warm. Ran 101 degree fever. The next day still had 101 fever but all aches and pains gone.

After weeks of trying, last night I was able to get DH and I appointments at the mega center in Atlantic City.

We used multiple devices (computers and cell phones) to log in and queue for a random number, which put us in line to make appointments at 6pm.

Our random numbers were 42,000 - 32,000 - 6,000 and 810.

We were able to make appointments, but not on the same day. Based on our 810 slot we were given an opportunity after 1/2 hour waiting and DH has his first shot scheduled for 2/22.

It took over 3 hours of me sitting in “the waiting room” to be able to schedule my appointment with a 6,000 number, which, by then, the earliest I could book my first shot was 3/16.

If anyone from New Jersey is trying to schedule appointments, I found this account on Twitter most helpful:

https://twitter.com/c19vaxxupdates?s=21

Fully vaccinated with Moderna, 1/13 and 2/10.
I only had a sore arm for a few days with V1 that only hurt if I raised my arm or laid on it. After V2, I felt totally fine until about 4 hours later when my arm started to get sore but was no worse than after V1. About 16 hours later I had a headache, neck ache and mild nausea. Just generally felt icky, bleh and was tired. This is normal and a sign the vaccine is working. Today I woke up and felt fine except for the tender arm at injection site if I touch it. I shoveled snow for an hour today and feel great. I am a healthcare provider and I highly recommend everyone get their vaccine when eligible. Please do to protect yourself, your loved ones, your community and especially those who are compromised and cannot get the vaccine. They are relying solely on development of herd immunity and need us to get vaccinated. This virus is not a hoax, it’s not a joke, it’s not the flu, and it’s not a bad cold. It is leaving survivors with chronic serious changes, and in some cases permanent damage to their bodies that we are still learning about. Please be safe, wear your double masks, stay home and get vaccinated when you can!

Received the first dose on 12/30/20.
Second dose was on 1/27/21.
I got the Moderna vaccine.

After the first dose my arm was pretty sore the next and and continued for about a week. Then for the next 3 weeks the site of the injection was sensitive to touch. After the second vaccine all good the day I got it. The next day I was miserable. Body aches, headache, cold and could not get warm. Ran 101 degree fever. The next day still had 101 fever but all aches and pains gone.
Interesting you could not get warm. I had my first dose of Moderna last Sunday and after getting home (about 4 hours later) I felt freezing cold inside my home and my breath felt so cold I thought I should be able to see it as if I was outside in 30 degree weather. Felt like I had Vicks Vaporub in my nose. Put on my warmest pajamas and Muk Luk socks and laid on the couch with a heavy comforter watching tv. Heater up to 70 degrees. Next day felt fine except for a sore arm.

In mid-January I was contacted by my primary care to schedule an appointment for my first Pfizer vaccination. I had no problems with it or with the second one. I have a compromised immune system so didn’t expect the virus, when I got it last summer, to be a non-event (I wish that were true for everyone). I wondered if having had the virus tends to make the vaccinations free of side effects.

Two weeks ago today I received my second Pfizer vaccine. I struggled with side effects from the first, but the second was A LOT worse. Fever, fatigue, aches, nausea, vomiting, sore throat. I vomited for four days. I still don’t regret getting it, but I urge people to be aware that the side effects can feel awful. Make sure you can take time to rest and have Tylenol/ibuprofen on hand just in case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back