Members' Covid-19 Post-Vaccination Questions & Answers *NO GENERAL DISCUSSION*

I've had three Pfizer doses as of two days ago (couldn't get Moderna for my booster, unfortunately). I didn't have any of the usual side effects any of the times besides feeling a little shaky for about three hours after getting the doses. The symptom I did have two out of the three times was a swollen lymph node in the armpit of the arm where I got the shot. It isn't bothersome just the tiniest bit of soreness. In case anyone has that symptom and is a little weirded out like I was, just know that it's normal and will go away in a few days.

It seems like just how Covid affects everyone differently, the vaccine does too which makes sense. Serious diseases usually create more intense vaccines. The most intense vaccine I've ever had was for Typhoid, and that was definitely because of how severe that disease is. If you get a bad side effect from a vaccine you would have likely had it x10 if you got the actual disease unvaccinated.

Anyone here have experience with a second booster that’s not the same brand as their initial series and first booster?

I am the fence about whether or not to mix/match; the CDC seems to say it’s safe to do so and *may* have *some* benefit in terms of stimulating increased antibody production over a second booster of the same brand as the initial series/first booster, but there really isn’t a ton of data out there yet on folks who take the mix/match approach (except for those initially vaccinated with J&J/Janssen).

I am wondering, specifically, if going for a Moderna second booster when I’ve previously only received Pfizer will increase the likelihood of experiencing the unpleasant (although short-term) side effects (soreness, tiredness, fever, nausea) some people endured when they received their very first vaccine doses.

Appreciate any anecdotal evidence you are willing to share!

Anyone here have experience with a second booster that’s not the same brand as their initial series and first booster?

I am the fence about whether or not to mix/match; the CDC seems to say it’s safe to do so and *may* have *some* benefit in terms of stimulating increased antibody production over a second booster of the same brand as the initial series/first booster, but there really isn’t a ton of data out there yet on folks who take the mix/match approach (except for those initially vaccinated with J&J/Janssen).

I am wondering, specifically, if going for a Moderna second booster when I’ve previously only received Pfizer will increase the likelihood of experiencing the unpleasant (although short-term) side effects (soreness, tiredness, fever, nausea) some people endured when they received their very first vaccine doses.

Appreciate any anecdotal evidence you are willing to share!

After three Pfizer shots, I chose to get Moderna for my second booster. Definitely more of a reaction than I had with any of the Pfizer shots. First day, headache and sore arm. Second day, the same plus I got hit with fatigue. Sore arm continued for another 2-3 days. No fever or nausea with any of my shots.

After three Pfizer shots, I chose to get Moderna for my second booster. Definitely more of a reaction than I had with any of the Pfizer shots. First day, headache and sore arm. Second day, the same plus I got hit with fatigue. Sore arm continued for another 2-3 days. No fever or nausea with any of my shots.

I ended up going with Pfizer for the second booster, and 24 hours later I have no notable reactions to speak of. Hoping that will remain the case but will update here if anything changes.
My partner also got her second booster of Moderna, having previously received only Moderna vaccines. Her arm is sore and she has a persistent headache but no other reactions so far.

I wanted to note that the person who administered my partner's shot at the pharmacy said it was especially good timing for her to be getting it because Moderna is apparently releasing a new vaccine in the fall (this one will be more targeted to address specific variants of the virus, I believe), and people won't be eligible to receive it unless it's been 6 months or so from their last booster.

I hope proper place to post. Please accept my apology if this has been asked and answered.

Bivalent Moderna at 8:45 am today. It’s 7:00 pm here.

This is my fifth shot, all Moderna. I’ve had horrible flu-like symptoms after every vaccination… plus other weird symptoms… but I’m afraid to take acetaminophen too soon because I don’t want to tamp down any protective effects these shots provide.

What’s the consensus with y’all? How long should one suffer before reaching for the Tylenol?

I hope proper place to post. Please accept my apology if this has been asked and answered.

This is my fifth shot, all Moderna. I’ve had horrible flu-like symptoms after every vaccination… plus other weird symptoms… but I’m afraid to take acetaminophen too soon because I don’t want to tamp down any protective effects these shots provide.

What’s the consensus with y’all? How long should one suffer before reaching for the Tylenol?
I wouldn't wait at all! I'd take it as soon as I was feeling bad. MOO

A pharmacist should be able to advise you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back