• No

Votes: 42 42.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Yes-more than once

Votes: 11 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Covid virgin, Vaccinated and boosted. Still mask and take precautions including not going into large crowds when not necessary.
I mask too. After I got it last July I decided to start wearing my mask again. I avoid crowds. Heck…what am I talking about! I avoid people!! All kidding aside …I’m a bit of an introvert and I love being cozy at home doing my hobbies and Covid has been a great excuse to not make excuses for not wanting to go to parades, parties ..etc. I do miss seeing live music and plays though.

Where were you in October 2019; any idea how you were exposed?
My parents in SC (East Coast) had it November 2019 - January 2020. My mom, before her retirement in 2020, was an ED/ER nurse at a trauma 2 hospital near the coast/beach.

My husband is 100% sure had it in December of 2019. Back then, before he had it a second time, he said it was the sickest he had ever been, even though he nearly died of pneumonia (& hospitalized) some 25 years before. He got it again in late December 2021 through now as he’s a long hauler. In 2019 he worked in Maryland about 20-ish minutes outside of D.C.

I wanted to add - When I had the fist Covid infection in April 2020 it was a completely different experience than the second time I got it. The second infection - two years later never went in my lungs, but I thought it was trying to kill me by cutting off any air getting through my nostrils. I literally could not get air though my nose and was a mouth breather for almost two weeks. Nothing would ease the congestion - not even a neti pot could break up the congestion. It was awful.

I wanted to add - When I had the fist Covid infection in April 2020 it was a completely different experience than the second time I got it. The second infection - two years later never went in my lungs, but I thought it was trying to kill me by cutting off any air getting through my nostrils. I literally could not get air though my nose and was a mouth breather for almost two weeks. Nothing would ease the congestion - not even a neti pot could break up the congestion. It was awful.
That does sound horrible!

My parents in SC (East Coast) had it November 2019 - January 2020. My mom, before her retirement in 2020, was an ED/ER nurse at a trauma 2 hospital near the coast/beach.

My husband is 100% sure had it in December of 2019. Back then, before he had it a second time, he said it was the sickest he had ever been, even though he nearly died of pneumonia (& hospitalized) some 25 years before. He got it again in late December 2021 through now as he’s a long hauler. In 2019 he worked in Maryland about 20-ish minutes outside of D.C.
We’re in lil ol’ Montana & I’m pretty sure my husband had it in 12/19 too. He and a couple of his co-workers were bedridden/miserable for a full week. Super winded, dry cough, high fever, body aches. He had two negative flu tests, but they gave him Tamiflu anyway. That did nothing.

It’s kind of funny how docs can be so insistent that the first U.S. cases hit in January. We weren’t testing before then, especially in areas with relatively low population density. I wonder if outcomes would have been different if tests got to the communities sooner.

Last edited:
We’re in lil ol’ Montana & I’m pretty sure my husband had it in 12/19 too. He and a couple of his co-workers were bedridden/miserable for a full week. Super winded, dry cough, high fever, body aches. He had two negative flu tests, but they gave him Tamiflu anyway. That did nothing.

It’s kind of funny how docs can be so insistent that the first U.S. cases hit in January. We weren’t testing before then, especially in areas with relatively low population density. I wonder if outcomes would have been different if tests got to the communities sooner.
I had a friend who had toured China — NEAR Wuhan in Nov 2019 and she and her husband came back to the US sicker than they had ever been in their lives. No testing was available then and we barely knew about Covid, but they are both sure now they had Covid, contracted in China and brought back to the US with them. Both were very sick for 2 solid weeks with all the symptoms of Covid. She is a PHd in the medical research field and I’ve known her for 30 years and I believe her!

I had a friend who had toured China — NEAR Wuhan in Nov 2019 and she and her husband came back to the US sicker than they had ever been in their lives. No testing was available then and we barely knew about Covid, but they are both sure now they had Covid, contracted in China and brought back to the US with them. Both were very sick for 2 solid weeks with all the symptoms of Covid. She is a PHd in the medical research field and I’ve known her for 30 years and I believe her!
Absolutely. I'm sure it didn't help early identification that C-19 seems to be a virus that breaks all the rules. To this day, we know almost nothing about risk factors. I've had it twice. First round was in July 2020, pre-vax. I would never have known I had it, but I had to test for a work matter. I didn't get it again until this November (as far as I know). I was fully vaxxed, and I did get pretty sick that time. Counting 2019, my fully-vaxxed partner has had it four times, and was symptomatic every time.

By far the weirdest anecdote from my family: my son's dad had a double lung transplant in 2011. He has to take a cocktail of immunnosuppressants every day to keep his immune system from attacking the lungs. With those, he regularly takes antibiotics and antifungals to supplement his immune system. There are no antivirals he can take. AND he works in elementary education. I was certain he was a sitting duck. When C-19 started spreading in our community, I had several tearful conversations with him, my mom, close friends, etc., because we were legitimately trying to prepare for supporting my son through losing his dad. Thankfully, dad didn't get it until March 2021. He was fine. It was stunning, especially after alllllll the hospitalizations we've seen him through.

Where were you in October 2019; any idea how you were exposed?
Los Angeles but I live in SF so could have been exposed in either. Couldn't get into any clinic, they told me to stay put because there was a "mystery virus" going around.
First recorded case in the US was January 2020 but I had never had experienced an illness that knocked me on my *advertiser censored* the way I felt in October and how fast symptoms progressed.
My friends in Australia spoke of this virus in mid 2019 and I lost a friend in May 2019 of an undiagnosed virus that put him into organ failure and sepsis within hours. I strongly feel he had covid but of course no one had heard of it yet.
I tested positive for antibodies in 2020.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back