North Carolina - Coronavirus COVID19

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article242513521.html

“A potential surge of coronavirus cases in the Charlotte region could come in mid-July — more than two weeks later than a projection Mecklenburg County officials had previously released.

In addition to the “peak” being further away, local health and hospital officials believe a future surge in cases would require fewer intensive care unit beds and fewer ventilators than previously expected. However, a surge would still likely overwhelm current hospital capacity.”

At this rate the peak will be in August. JMO

As of Sunday morning, there have been 14,764 laboratory-confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the Tar Heel State, the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services reports.

NCDHHS also reports 547 total deaths in people with confirmed cases of the virus as of Sunday at 11 a.m.

This is an increase from Saturday’s 14,360 total confirmed cases and 544 total deaths.

Additionally, North Carolina reports 192,135 tests having been completed by the NC State Laboratory of Public Health, reporting hospitals and commercial labs. 442 are currently hospitalized with the illness.
North Carolina reports 14,764 total COVID-19 cases, 547 total deaths in Sunday update

Coronavirus live updates: Here’s what to know in North Carolina on June 16

Cases top 45,000

"At least 45,906 people in North Carolina have tested positive for the coronavirus and 1,169 have died, according to state and county health departments.

The N.C. Department of Health and Human Services reported an additional 751 cases of the virus Tuesday, down from 983 reported Monday.

Health officials on Tuesday reported completing 12,942 new tests for the virus, for a total of 651,421. About 9% have come back positive." ....

Hospitalizations reach new high
"At least 829 coronavirus patients were in North Carolina hospitals on Tuesday, the highest-ever one-day total reported in the state.

Tuesday’s total is up from the 797 hospitalizations reported the day before, according to the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services.

“With 85 percent of the state’s hospitals reporting, DHHS said 26% of the state’s hospital beds and 26% of the ICU beds were available,” The News & Observer reported Tuesday.

Tuesday’s count broke the previous record of 823 hospitalizations, which was set on Saturday."
Meat-packing plant outbreaks
"Coronavirus cases and infection rates have increased more in areas of North Carolina with major outbreaks at meat and poultry-packing plants, a News & Observer analysis of ZIP code data shows.

In 13 ZIP codes near plants with outbreaks, cases increased by an average of nearly 600% between May 1 and June 11. The ZIP codes are in Burke, Chatham, Duplin, Lee, Robeson, Wayne and Wilkes counties. The number of cases statewide rose 262% during the same time frame." [red bolded text by me]

North Carolina
"COVID in North Carolina is spreading in a slow and controlled fashion, and North Carolina’s COVID preparedness meets international standards. If this trend continues, North Carolina may eventually achieve herd immunity, though this may take years."
OVERALL COVID RISK
Medium

INFECTION RATE
Medium

POSITIVE TEST RATE
7.1%
Medium

ICU HEADROOM USED
21%
Low

CONTACTS TRACED
24%
Medium

Last Updated 6/17/2020

America’s COVID warning system

My partner and best friend of 23 years woke up in Rockingham on Saturday coughing, feverish and a little disoriented. I put him to bed, planning on taking him to our doctor on Monday morning. I heard a thud at 4:30 in the morning and found him on the floor, unconscious and not responsive. As I was talking to the 911 dispatcher, he rolled over and I told him an ambulance was on the way. It took them 27 minutes to arrive. He was gone by the time they got there.

We have been very careful with our social distancing, but last Thursday made an exception because his son and toddler grandchildren were in the area. We’ll never know if it was COVID-19, but I’m getting tested today. If it was, it only took three days to kill him. He wasn’t tested because he wasn’t taken to the hospital. He was left on the floor for hours until the funeral home came to pick him up.

I really just trying to say that numbers are really accurate.

My partner and best friend of 23 years woke up in Rockingham on Saturday coughing, feverish and a little disoriented. I put him to bed, planning on taking him to our doctor on Monday morning. I heard a thud at 4:30 in the morning and found him on the floor, unconscious and not responsive. As I was talking to the 911 dispatcher, he rolled over and I told him an ambulance was on the way. It took them 27 minutes to arrive. He was gone by the time they got there.

We have been very careful with our social distancing, but last Thursday made an exception because his son and toddler grandchildren were in the area. We’ll never know if it was COVID-19, but I’m getting tested today. If it was, it only took three days to kill him. He wasn’t tested because he wasn’t taken to the hospital. He was left on the floor for hours until the funeral home came to pick him up.

I am so sorry that you lost your loved one. I will add you to my prayers, asking to give you strength and healing.
Hopefully everyone that was in contact is able to get tested and that you get your test results back soon.
Hug across the miles.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've read about the same type of progression pretty often now. I wonder what makes it go so bad so fast? :(

I am so sorry. How terrible for you and his family. Let us know the results of your test--I hope you don't have it. Will his son be tested too?

oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingPersonsMatter
Back