WV WV - Melanie Metheny, 21, Charleston, 19 July 2006

Whats up with this webpage?

" . . . >CHATTER # 2: hey I heard a rumor about melanie last night and if I tell
>u u have to sware not to say anything
>chatter # 1 : i promise
>CHATTER # 2: the person who told me was friends with the person who
>done it and this is gonna be bad will u be ok
>chatter # 1 : yeahh i should be
>CHATTER # 2: they wont find her XXXXthe person said that they took her
>and burned her and they even put lime in her mouth to disolve her teeth
. . ."

http://findmelanie.com/chat-log.htm

I also found this news article which at least appears to be current:

This website had the date Jul 25, 2007
". . . Police in Jackson County, West Virginia, are investigating a body found Friday night in a rural part of the county. Investigators are on the scene off Big Run Road in the eastern end of the county.
Police tell us the body is that of a woman. Workers found it in the woods and called 911. Now, the Kanawha County Sheriff's Department also sent a detective to the scene.
They tell us the body's description is similar to Melanie Metheny, a mother of three who has been missing from Kanawha County for more than a week. Right now, they're not sure of the body's identity . . ."
http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/3451571.html

Whats up with this webpage?

" . . . >CHATTER # 2: hey I heard a rumor about melanie last night and if I tell
>u u have to sware not to say anything
>chatter # 1 : i promise
>CHATTER # 2: the person who told me was friends with the person who
. . ."

From what I understand someone found the chat and sent it in to "findmelanie.com. It was put on her page just incase someone might be able to tell them who is doing the talking. It is a real long chat.

This poor family has been waiting and looking for a year now. They are living a nightmare. I wonder what the relationship was like between Melanie and her ex? Was she seeing anyone in particular?

I also found this news article which at least appears to be current:

This website had the date Jul 25, 2007
". . . Police in Jackson County, West Virginia, are investigating a body found Friday night in a rural part of the county. Investigators are on the scene off Big Run Road in the eastern end of the county.
Police tell us the body is that of a woman. Workers found it in the woods and called 911. Now, the Kanawha County Sheriff's Department also sent a detective to the scene.
They tell us the body's description is similar to Melanie Metheny, a mother of three who has been missing from Kanawha County for more than a week. Right now, they're not sure of the body's identity . . ."
http://www.wsaz.com/home/headlines/3451571.html

So, there's been nothing since this article? I'm assuming it wasn't her? But is there any update? I can't imagine missing a family member for so long.

'America's Most Wanted' to focus on case of missing Kanawha woman

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- "America's Most Wanted" will air a short informational piece Saturday on Melanie Metheny of Belle, who went missing more than two years ago after she failed to pick up her three children at day care.
The FOX television show starts at 9 p.m.
The Kanawha County Sheriff's Department contacted the show, said Denni Wagner, production assistant for "America's Most Wanted."
"It was a very disturbing case," she said. "Maybe someone who watches the show will have seen her; maybe someone knows what happened to her."
The piece on Metheny will air just before or after a commercial break, Wagner said.
Metheny went missing July 19, 2006. Four days later, her gold Chevrolet Ventura minivan was found parked on the corner of Wyoming Street and Beuhring Avenue on Charleston's West Side.

http://www.dailymail.com/News/200808080100

Anything new on Melanie? Wondering if there was prints in/on the van?
She couldn't have left those 3 kids behind......I hope they are looking 24/7 for her.

Hey Sunday...Haven't seen you on here in a long time. Good to see ya!

I wonder how far her vehicle was found from her DayCare? Also what type of relationship she had with her boyfriend. I hope LE realize there is foul play involved her and not just a mother who dropped her kids off, dumped her vehicle and ran away!

I wonder how far her vehicle was found from her DayCare? Also what type of relationship she had with her boyfriend. I hope LE realize there is foul play involved her and not just a mother who dropped her kids off, dumped her vehicle and ran away!

I know this is an old post, but I just noticed a new billboard up for Melanie today. This is the second one and I pass it each day on my way to pick my daughter up from school. I wasn't living here when this happened, but to answer your question, she dropped her kids at a daycare in Belle which is about 7 miles from Charleston. It's a quick 10 - 15 minute drive to where her van was found. Charleston isn't a big city by any means, but there is crime of course like everywhere.

I just wanted to share her myspace page. I searched it out last night after driving by that new sign.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=226788011

There's also a website(not sure if it's different from the one listed above) with some interesting information, including a chat log. She didn't just drop her kids and run away. I am convinced of that much.

http://www.findmelanie.com/

I would think that her daycare provider would have been the last person to have seen Melanie. I wonder where she was headed....college? It sounds like she was really working hard on getting a GED or something as she wanted to go to college. Can't see any reason why she would take off and leave her kids
and throw away all of the hard work on her education that she had done.

She must have been driving a vehicle if she took her kids to daycare. Has it been found? I wonder about the history between Melanie and her boyfriend. What kind of a person is he? I would imagine that LE has taken a good long look at him. Another young person disappearing without a trace. I hope that she is found soon. Her poor little kids probably don't understand any of this...how could they. Prayers for Melanie, her kids and her family.

I read...i think on her website tonight....i read that one of her kids kept saying "Mommy will come get me when she finds her keys"
How sad is that! :(
Geez....these horrible, evil people that take someone's life w/out thinking anything of it...
it's so sad...
i wonder if it's true that a witness really saw her struggling in a SUV saying "What about my babies?"
Was that reported right away does anyone know?
Was there any chance to save her??

I would think that her daycare provider would have been the last person to have seen Melanie. I wonder where she was headed....college? It sounds like she was really working hard on getting a GED or something as she wanted to go to college. Can't see any reason why she would take off and leave her kids
and throw away all of the hard work on her education that she had done.

She must have been driving a vehicle if she took her kids to daycare. Has it been found? I wonder about the history between Melanie and her boyfriend. What kind of a person is he? I would imagine that LE has taken a good long look at him. Another young person disappearing without a trace. I hope that she is found soon. Her poor little kids probably don't understand any of this...how could they. Prayers for Melanie, her kids and her family.

I agree, Bobbisangel, usually when dropping off children at day care, people go inside with them, bring them inside, or at some places at least to the door. Pretty much bring them to the adult in charge of day care or an adult. So i'm surprised no one from day care was the last to see her:confused:

http://www.findmelanie.com/flyers/help-find-my-mommy.jpg

This pic is heartbreaking. Any updates? i cant seem to find anything.

This is disturbing,i dont understand why no arrests have been made.

Tonia, that last link; good lord.. someone needs to call in that tip to LE just in case..:( if anything, to at least rule it out.

">CHATTER # 2: the person who told me was friends with the person who
>CHATTER # 2: so there is nothing to find
>CHATTER # 2: dont say anything the person would come after me and XXXXX
>the one who told me made sure i swore
>chatter # 1 : i wont say anything
>CHATTER # 2: well worse the ashes are up winefred where everyone rides
>4wheelers
>CHATTER # 2: they done it there and dumped the ashes
>chatter # 1 : thats awful wat in tha hell did melanie ever do to anyone"

According to the chatter, it sounds like she was killed over $300 supposedly owed for cocaine:

">CHATTER # 2: he said they even shoved a 50 of coke down her throat and
>asked her if it was worth was she was gettin"

Also sounds like the guy that did it has a guilty conscience and told somebody else, who in return couldn't handle it either and told others..
">chatter # 1 : was the boy in on it
>CHATTER # 2: no
>CHATTER # 2: the guy came to this guy and told him b/c he had to tell
>someone

>CHATTER # 2: and now this one is stuck with this in his head and cant
>do anything

>chatter # 1 : and now its stuck in our heads and we cant do nethin
>chatter # 1 : and you & i both kno if it was one of us melanie would do
>sumthin yah kno
>chatter # 1 : but i promised i wouldnt tell and i wont
>CHATTER # 2: if I thought for a second it wouldnt come back on e and
>him I would go to the police right now
>chatter # 1 : yeah
>CHATTER # 2: I would u have to believe I would but I cant
>chatter # 1 : i kno
>CHATTER # 2: if I ever hear that more people know I will b/c he wont
>know who told
>chatter # 1 : so they're sayin that they would kill you n XXXXX ?
>CHATTER # 2: he didnt say that the person would but he said he wouldnt
>risk it b/c he did this over 300 dollars
>chatter # 1 : its awful"

According to the website,the chat log was sent to the family,my question is couldn't they possibly found out who this convo was from? (LE)

According to the website,the chat log was sent to the family,my question is couldn't they possibly found out who this convo was from? (LE)

I would think they would be able to, they named a lot of people in the chat (all the names *advertiser censored*'ed out). I wonder if anything was done? Maybe they could get a K9 to the area where her body was supposed to have been disposed of, Winefred? where people go 4 wheeling. A K9 might be able to pick up her scent.. :confused:

I would think they would be able to, they named a lot of people in the chat (all the names *advertiser censored*'ed out). I wonder if anything was done? Maybe they could get a K9 to the area where her body was supposed to have been disposed of, Winefred? where people go 4 wheeling. A K9 might be able to pick up her scent.. :confused:

There have been many rumors about where she is. I've heard an old coal mine and several other places. Winifrede(correct spelling) is a hollow basically. You have to understand the terrain here. It's been so long that I'm not sure they would find anything with dogs or anything else if she's in an area like that. The police have also said the $300 debt was a rumor because she had a lot more than that in her bank account and could have just paid it.

I agree, Bobbisangel, usually when dropping off children at day care, people go inside with them, bring them inside, or at some places at least to the door. Pretty much bring them to the adult in charge of day care or an adult. So i'm surprised no one from day care was the last to see her:confused:

I'm pretty sure that they daycare workers saw her and were interviewed, but noticed nothing off..She would have taken the kids in. The daycare isn't a drop off kind of place. I drive by it every day and know people whose kids go there. It's a decent sized daycare and I'm sure that it's hectic first thing in the mornings with children coming and going. Having taught preschool, I know the chaos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back