Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excerpts from The Forgotten Killer

While more than a dozen books have been written about the death of Meredith Kercher, nearly all of them have paid scant attention to the certain perpetrator whose DNA was found in, on, and around the victim in multiple locations at the crime scene. No viable DNA evidence was ever detected at the crime scene indicating the presence of anyone else. The absolute impossibility of selectively removing DNA of two out of three murderers from a bloody crime scene has not stopped a cottage industry of obsessed conspiracy theorists from ignoring the sole perpetrator in this horrific tragedy.

Preston, Douglas; Douglas, John; Olshaker, Mark; Moore, Steve; Heavey, Judge Michael; Lovering, Jim; Wright, Thomas Lee (2014-01-27). The Forgotten Killer: Rudy Guede and the Murder of Meredith Kercher (Kindle Locations 42-46). . Kindle Edition.

Steve Moore on the investigation:

Because of all this, I feel that I say authoritatively that what passed for an investigation, interrogation, and forensics in Perugia was nothing more than going through the motions to make people believe that the police, forensic investigators, and prosecutors knew what they were doing.

The conclusions and prosecutions in the Kercher murder investigation were based solely on (flawed) intuition, profound ignorance about the science of investigation, social and religious bias, superstition, corruption, and self-preservation.

As I began to delve into the case, I learned to my dismay that the investigation was botched at a level I have rarely seen outside of totalitarian or Third World countries. The forensics, “interrogation,” and conclusions of the detectives were at best completely and nightmarishly wrong, and at worst, intentionally corrupted. As a result, several innocent people had been caught up in the investigation like dolphins in a tuna net.

Preston, Douglas; Douglas, John; Olshaker, Mark; Moore, Steve; Heavey, Judge Michael; Lovering, Jim; Wright, Thomas Lee (2014-01-27). The Forgotten Killer: Rudy Guede and the Murder of Meredith Kercher (Kindle Locations 589-592). . Kindle Edition.

Junk Profiling

For reasons steeped in flawed intuition, differing cultural norms, and superstition, detectives in Perugia almost immediately focused on Amanda Knox as the target of their investigation. It was this “junk profiling” that caused them to believe that because she didn’t weep for the victim in public, she didn’t weep in private. This lack of public display of grief caused them to falsely believe she killed her friend. The fact that different cultures, and even different people within those cultures, deal with shock and grief in different ways apparently did not occur to them.

Preston, Douglas; Douglas, John; Olshaker, Mark; Moore, Steve; Heavey, Judge Michael; Lovering, Jim; Wright, Thomas Lee (2014-01-27). The Forgotten Killer: Rudy Guede and the Murder of Meredith Kercher (Kindle Locations 623-624). . Kindle Edition.

All I can say is that Knox and Sollecito must have been pretty stoned when they cooked up the staged break in because they ransacked Filomina's closet and threw her computer on the floor before they broke the window ... whether they broke the window from inside the bedroom or did some target practice from the parking pad.

1. According to Filomena's testimony she placed the computer on the floor herself.

2. There are no glass shards on top of the spilled out stack of wardrobe contents, not in the police photos and not in Filomena's testimony.

And why didn't the glass follow the same path as the rock. What physics is in play when the glass, which is hit prior to the shutter, continues on the original trajectory of the rock, and the rock turns 90 degrees?

That's because glass shards follow the rock:

http://footage.shutterstock.com/clip-4696160-stock-footage-rock-flying-through-window-slow-motion.html

The rock hit the shutter causing it to swing out of the way of the flying glass shards, making the glass spray spread freely far into the room.

Pasquali's reconstruction reenacted the configuration of window and inner shutter and resulted in pattern of glass identical to that in Filomena's room.

1. According to Filomena's testimony she placed the computer on the floor herself.

2. There are no glass shards on top of the spilled out stack of wardrobe contents, not in the police photos and not in Filomena's testimony.

Yes she says it was on the floor but sitting upright, it was not in the position it was found. Hence it was moved and glass fell on it after it was moved.

morningjava_zpsf9cfee9d.gif

Food for thought...

Page 201
The shoe covers were changed only when leaving the house and not when a person walked in the hallway, and would go into Meredith’s room and leave (the room).

http://truejustice.org/ee/documents/perugia/TheMasseiReport.pdf

Please view the attachment then note the luminol glowing on the booties of the technicians in the jpgs below...

http://www.friendsofamanda.org/miscellaneous/luminol/147.jpg

http://www.friendsofamanda.org/miscellaneous/luminol/146.jpg

link to attachment

Attachments

• In Blood 2.jpg
    In Blood 2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 12
Yes she says it was on the floor but sitting upright, it was not in the position it was found. Hence it was moved and glass fell on it after it was moved.

She's not sure. She doesn't even remember how she left the window when going out.

Either it wasn't moved and the glass fell on it or it toppled when the rock fell on the bags that were left on the floor.

That makes any Meredith's DNA found on the floor in other rooms unusable, plain and simple. They tracked it everywhere.

It's good to remember taking DNA traces from the floors was the very last thing that was done on December 18th, after trashing the rooms and trampling everything, after the luminol.

Put yourself in Amanda's position. If you were innocent and had already spent 4 years of your life in an Italian prison for a wrongful conviction, would you trust the Italian court to get it right? Would you therefore risk further imprisonment by going back for the trial knowing that you probably would not be extridited by staying in the US? In that case, I would do exactly what AK is doing and stay home.

Put yourself in Amanda's position. If you were innocent and had already spent 4 years of your life in an Italian prison for a wrongful conviction, would you trust the Italian court to get it right? Would you therefore risk further imprisonment by going back for the trial knowing that you probably would not be extridited by staying in the US? In that case, I would do exactly what AK is doing and stay home.
Yes, from both perspectives, I can understand fully why she fears being in the Florence court. I just thought it was funny that Patrick chose to make this statement to the press; obviously he harbors a great deal of anger.

Really don't know what the ruling will be tomorrow: I can envision it going either way.

She earned that time in prison. Her supporters seemed to forget she was convicted for being a liar and fingering an innocent man.

Does not every person on the planet standing trial for murder have the same fear? What does it say about others when they take off and run?

I have little doubts about the verdict.

Nencini is not old and has a career ahead of him.

Amanda and Raffaele escaped the railroading once. That in itself is very rare, given the imbalance of power between the defendants and the police-prosecutorial apparatus working with unlimited funds and impunity.

Twice - this would be a miracle.

She destroyed an innocent mans life. He still hasn't been able to recover and she has made zero attempt to compensate him financially as ordered by the court.

I do not find her thumbing her nose at the court, her responsibilities and Italy as a whole cute or amusing. It's just despicable and WRONG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have little doubts about the verdict.

Nencini is not old and has a career ahead of him.

Amanda and Raffaele escaped the railroading once. That in itself is very rare, given the imbalance of power between the defendants and the police-prosecutorial apparatus working with unlimited funds and impunity.

Twice - this would be a miracle.
I suppose it depends on how much sway Nencini has over this jury of professional and lay judges, and what they themselves believe about the totality of evidence. I think we can't really know.

Sollecito will be in court for the ruling, and he deserves credit for this bravery.

Can anyone tell what time here in the states court will start? TIA

Can anyone tell what time here in the states court will start? TIA
As Italy is 6 hours ahead of us, and it will begin at 9 am there, it will be 3 am EST/New York City time. The defense will speak for an hour, then deliberations begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horizon54