TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now she is interesting! It would make sense for Smurfette to be local, given those tests which suggested she had lived in the local area.

That said, has there been any word on Alanda Lacy, Lyssav?

I've had a dig about for Latrisha, pretty sure I have found her facebook and she is alive.

I remember her being mentioned, is that not a gap between her front teeth? I can't really tell

Arkansas law enforcement found Jerica alive. - per Dr. D

Going back to the idea that Smurfette is younger than the age range what about Kaley Friziellie. She's biracial, curly brown hair, 5'4, 125 lbs. I think her nose may be to broad.

I can't determine if she's still missing or not. This child has a sad tale also. She went missing in December 2011 and was found January 2012. She was sent to a treatment facility in February 2012 and walked away from the facility and is listed as missing since. From the Black and missing website

"Kaley Friziellie is lost in California! She is just 12 years old. She is from St.Louis, Mo. She was sent to "Children of the Night..."in Van Nuys,CA. for treatment and for safety concerns on Feb.2,2012. Kaley was allowed to leave the facility at her own free will on Feb.4,2012, at 5pm California time. Kaley hasn't been seen since. Kaley is very sociable, and may be trying to find her way back home to St.Louis,Mo. She may be telling people shes 16 or 18 years old, but only 12"

Relatives suspect she may be involved in trafficking.

kaley.jpg

Going back to the idea that Smurfette is younger than the age range what about Kaley Friziellie. She's biracial, curly brown hair, 5'4, 125 lbs. I think her nose may be to broad.

I can't determine if she's still missing or not. This child has a sad tale also. She went missing in December 2011 and was found January 2012. She was sent to a treatment facility in February 2012 and walked away from the facility and is listed as missing since. From the Black and missing website

"Kaley Friziellie is lost in California! She is just 12 years old. She is from St.Louis, Mo. She was sent to "Children of the Night..."in Van Nuys,CA. for treatment and for safety concerns on Feb.2,2012. Kaley was allowed to leave the facility at her own free will on Feb.4,2012, at 5pm California time. Kaley hasn't been seen since. Kaley is very sociable, and may be trying to find her way back home to St.Louis,Mo. She may be telling people shes 16 or 18 years old, but only 12"

View attachment 42057

I am pretty sure this girl was found, I have looked at her several times along with another biracial girl listed on their website. I love what black and missing does, but I dont think they keep their website as updated as their facebook. I will ask Deidra or Yvonne(founders of black and missing) if they know for sure whether or not this girl is still missing.

I thought Kaley may have been found because I couldn't find her at any LE website. Thanks for checking into it.

I did a little snooping around FB and found Kaley's mom. She was found. I saw a comment her mom wrote last year, 2013, about going to court with Kaley.

View attachment 42057
Although Kaley was found I do think possible matches for Smurfette whom are black shouldn't be ruled out just for being younger than Smurffette's estimated age range. There has been a lot of times a black UID's estimated age was quite older than the actual person's age. Tammy Hollins, 14, was not identified for decades since her skeletal remains were thought to of been of a grown woman. Another case of this scenario was of Breanna Sharp, 13, back in 2007. Her remains were found shortly after she ran away in a abandoned building where she had hanged herself, but she wasn't identified for about five years, because investigators thought she was in her mid 20's. JMO and :twocents:

I still think Smurfette could be Tina Velasco. Despite her being 38 at the time of Smurfette's death (and Hispanic, and a bit on the tall side...).

It drives me crazy that her NamUs DNA status says 'Tests not Complete'. It has been like that for maybe a year now. I won't be happy until Tina's DNA sample is complete and she can be ruled out (or in). How long does it take!

I look at her face and her hair and a shiver goes down my spine. Every single time.

The only time Dr. D rules someone out by age for this UID is when they are too old(usually anyone over 20) the examination of the bones revealed that smurfette is a child likely between the ages of 15-17 but could definitely be younger.i have heard it is a lot easier for them to determine the age of a child than an adult.

The only time Dr. D rules someone out by age for this UID is when they are too old(usually anyone over 20) the examination of the bones revealed that smurfette is a child likely between the ages of 15-17 but could definitely be younger.i have heard it is a lot easier for them to determine the age of a child than an adult.

On a general note here, what is Dr D's area of responsibility regarding missing persons in their area? Or is she only responsible for UIDs?

I was just thinking that Tina's DNA profile has been incomplete for such a long time, and it is so frustrating. Even if she isn't Smurfette, she could be another UID. She has been missing for three years now.

Would Dr D have the authority to give Namus a nudge re. the processing of Tina's sample?

I understand that resources are stretched and Namus will have a long list of samples to process, but it seems unfair to Tina and her family to have to wait so long when many other cases get processed much sooner.

On a general note here, what is Dr D's area of responsibility regarding missing persons in their area? Or is she only responsible for UIDs?

I was just thinking that Tina's DNA profile has been incomplete for such a long time, and it is so frustrating. Even if she isn't Smurfette, she could be another UID. She has been missing for three years now.

Would Dr D have the authority to give Namus a nudge re. the processing of Tina's sample?

I understand that resources are stretched and Namus will have a long list of samples to process, but it seems unfair to Tina and her family to have to wait so long when many other cases get processed much sooner.

Dr. D is a forensic anthropologist in Harris County, she would be able to look into Tina's profile because that is also a Harris County case, however I don't think she can give namus a nudge, the DNA is there being compared - I don't know why it is taking so long or how they actually compare - if it is only compared to UiDs matching the MP description or if it is compared to all DNA in the entire database(likely the second one). The reason some are identified so quickly, for example Michelle Garvey - wasn't listed on any MP site a WS member made the connection, Dr. D got in touch with family and directly compared the DNA - instead of running it through namus - she did this because after seeing Michelle's photo she was sure it was her.

Dr. D is a forensic anthropologist in Harris County, she would be able to look into Tina's profile because that is also a Harris County case, however I don't think she can give namus a nudge, the DNA is there being compared - I don't know why it is taking so long or how they actually compare - if it is only compared to UiDs matching the MP description or if it is compared to all DNA in the entire database(likely the second one). The reason some are identified so quickly, for example Michelle Garvey - wasn't listed on any MP site a WS member made the connection, Dr. D got in touch with family and directly compared the DNA - instead of running it through namus - she did this because after seeing Michelle's photo she was sure it was her.

Thanks. I wonder whether it is possible for me to email Namus and enquire about the length of time that it is taking for Tina's sample to be processed. I know that they won't be able to share any specific information about Tina or her case, but I hope that they may be able to give me some information about why it might take so long for one person's sample to take so long to process, when they process the samples of other missing persons in a much shorter time.

I can't help thinking that some people's samples get fast tracked because LE ask Namus to give that particular case their urgent attention.

New on Namus -

Flavia Bautista

Age - 19
Height - 5'0
Date last seen - September 24th 2012

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23864/9/

Her face could fit, although I can't decide if her hair is short, or whether its just tied back.

I know she is Hispanic but she could have black ancestry like Dr D suggested Emely might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti