TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to chime in that just because a person has a hispanic name does not mean they are not of mixed caucasian and african ancestry. Puerto Ricans and Dominicans and Cubans are most notable for having a large percentage of the population that is mixed black/white and none or little native blood.

Also I'm trying to find out more about the dating of the bones and how accurate their assessment is. It seems to me, there could be several factors, hereditary and environmental that could lead to different bone structure.

I just want to chime in that just because a person has a hispanic name does not mean they are not of mixed caucasian and african ancestry. Puerto Ricans and Dominicans and Cubans are most notable for having a large percentage of the population that is mixed black/white and none or little native blood.

Also I'm trying to find out more about the dating of the bones and how accurate their assessment is. It seems to me, there could be several factors, hereditary and environmental that could lead to different bone structure.

I wasn't going from the name at all, Flavia is listed as being hispanic on Namus and so I don't believe her to be of mixed Caucasian and African ancestry.

When we submitted Emely Gamez Lopez as a match, Dr D said that she might have black ancestry because she was from Honduras and apparently lots of people from Honduras have some black ancestry due to the early slave trade.

I wondered whether Flavia or her relatives might come from a country where there are similar trends.

Oh I wasn't speaking to you directly Shadowdancer. I have been paying attention to the whole thread and it seems many of the girls listed as hispanic/latino may or may not be. Sometime the assumption is made based on the name rather than science. I hope no one is ruled out just because of a name or classification that very well could be wrong.

Thanks. I wonder whether it is possible for me to email Namus and enquire about the length of time that it is taking for Tina's sample to be processed. I know that they won't be able to share any specific information about Tina or her case, but I hope that they may be able to give me some information about why it might take so long for one person's sample to take so long to process, when they process the samples of other missing persons in a much shorter time.

I can't help thinking that some people's samples get fast tracked because LE ask Namus to give that particular case their urgent attention.

I've seen some cases where for whatever reason a first sample returns an ambiguous result and they either have to go back and get a second sample, or they need samples from other relatives to confirm. I don't know whether that's going on here, but it would delay results.

I've seen some cases where for whatever reason a first sample returns an ambiguous result and they either have to go back and get a second sample, or they need samples from other relatives to confirm. I don't know whether that's going on here, but it would delay results.

That's interesting. I still haven't tried that email.

I just want to feel reassured that Tina hasn't been forgotten (daft as that probably sounds).

New on Namus -

Flavia Bautista

Age - 19
Height - 5'0
Date last seen - September 24th 2012

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23864/9/

Her face could fit, although I can't decide if her hair is short, or whether its just tied back.

I know she is Hispanic but she could have black ancestry like Dr D suggested Emely might have.

Looks like the hair is pulled back into a ponytail. I will forward this to Dr. D and see what she thinks, at the moment the only comparison that can be made is by photo as Flavia has no dna or dentals available. IMO the nose isn't as narrow as smurfettes.

I am very thankful these PMs are still coming in for smurfette, who is this beauty?!

If any of you are following the Relisha Rudd case, I'm starting to think Smurfette could've been in a similar situation. Given or possibly sold to someone who later killed her and dumped her body.

New on Namus -

Flavia Bautista

Age - 19
Height - 5'0
Date last seen - September 24th 2012

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23864/9/

Her face could fit, although I can't decide if her hair is short, or whether its just tied back.

I know she is Hispanic but she could have black ancestry like Dr D suggested Emely might have.

I submitted this, here is the response:
"Her nose structure is wrong and I think we are pushing the envelope on the time frame and her age"

Do we have a list of rule-outs, including ones like Flavia who might not be officially listed, but we can eliminate from our searches?

KateB made us a table: post 1230!!

Awesome work, KateB:loveyou:

I don't get to keep up with my favorite cases very often, so when I check in I've missed a bunch of pages. Thank you so much to all of you who keep the momentum going forward :seeya:

Could she be a child who ran away from foster care? Perhaps she was neglected as a child, and removed from her parents. At that point she may have received good dental care. Perhaps she ran away or was returned to her parents and then lacked dental care again. The clothes seem like something she might have gotten while temporarily in care. Maybe she has bounced in and out of the system?

KateB made us a table: post 1230!!

Wow!

That is amazing - and amazing how many close matches and yet no fit.

Crazy to think how hard it would be with someone who's got even less distinctive features than some of those of sweet Smurfette.

For some reason of all the UIDs, Smurfette weighs on my mind.

Continuing to pray (esp. since I don't really even know how else to help!) that she'll be ID'd through the hard work of you guys here.

Here is an email that I got last week from Dr. D, we were just chatting about smurfette so I decided to ask if her biracial heritage goes further up the family tree, meaning maybe a parent is biracial meaning she could have one black grandparent. Got this:

"Yes, it could go further up the family tree. So we really don’t know her skin color, although we are guessing she is light-skinned, and we don’t know what her family would consider her to be. We are running new tests with some cutting edge DNA technology to try to get more information on her appearance. There won’t be a quick result, though"

I am happy to hear they are trying new things to help identify this child.

Could she be a child who ran away from foster care? Perhaps she was neglected as a child, and removed from her parents. At that point she may have received good dental care. Perhaps she ran away or was returned to her parents and then lacked dental care again. The clothes seem like something she might have gotten while temporarily in care. Maybe she has bounced in and out of the system?

I feel that something like this is very likely. I'm hoping that one day someone, a grandparent, aunt, cousin, sibling, social worker or family friend will ask what happened to her and report her missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtDiva