MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notebook, I did read the April 7th post. It is hard not to believe they are connected because Paynesville and St Joseph were pretty small towns in 1989, however we are uncovering an unbelievable amount of child predators in the area at the time Jacob went missing. I know I am unable to say for sure if they are all connected or not. Some info is similar. Hard to say.

So why choose DR if there are other options?

And the pics of LE and the tracks are irrelevant to me.

No crime scene remains for days. LE does the nfo and then releases the site.

We do not know that LE was not all done with the scene.

Remember, the FBI was there as well.

post #641 by shergal....oops...sorry, I just noticed I posted the same link you had already posted. Didn't mean to steal your thunder...I should have read more closely.

post #641 by shergal....oops...sorry, I just noticed I posted the same link you had already posted. Didn't mean to steal your thunder...I should have read more closely.

LOL, no problem. We're all just busy looking at everything.

Great, now we have two suspects with the same initials? I think I will call him RWB like cGorg. He sure gets around for an older person. Some info says he lives in TX, some says he lives in different cities in MN (it looks to be the same person from the pictures). He has been an assistant hockey coach, fastpitch coach, fitness trainer for a famous race car driver, lacrosse coach. All in different cities. Kind of weird. I coach, but I coach teams close to home in the same city.

Very interesting....I must say that RWB was never on my radar. Jacob's abductors voice was described like he had a cold and this guys voice definitely sounds exactly like that. If he had a hat on in some of his pictures it would be close to a perfect match to the suspect for Jared's case also. Obviously this would bring a car being used back into the picture which is what I have a hard time believing took place since it would take a huge level of comfort to park that far up someones driveway. I know he was checked out but I'd be curious as to what kind of vehicle this man drove in 1989 though.

So why choose DR if there are other options?

And the pics of LE and the tracks are irrelevant to me.

No crime scene remains for days. LE does the nfo and then releases the site.

We do not know that LE was not all done with the scene.

Remember, the FBI was there as well.

I cannot post the picture until Joy has updated her blog. I think when you see it, you will be scratching your head.

Was the house of the rassiers searched before or after the parents returned from europe? Now heres the problem, noone here probably even knows the answer. I believe alot more information could come out for the public to discuss. Its disturbing when i looked at the investigative timeline today and for 12 years it appears that rassier never came into play until the vehicle was ruled out. In 1989 why didnt the whole state of mn know who Dan Rassier was?

Was the house of the rassiers searched before or after the parents returned from europe? Now heres the problem, noone here probably even knows the answer. I believe alot more information could come out for the public to discuss. Its disturbing when i looked at the investigative timeline today and for 12 years it appears that rassier never came into play until the vehicle was ruled out. In 1989 why didnt the whole state of mn know who Dan Rassier was?

My phone is giving me trouble. Sorry for the multiple postings, it doesn't appear I can delete them myself. I'll be back tomorrow.

To clarify. The use of a car has never been ruled out in Jacobs abduction. LE did say that possibility was diminished after Kevin came forward, but that is far from saying it's been ruled out.

That being said I concur that DR being involved either as the perp or an accessory is the most likely solution. However I base that on other bits of information more so than on Kevin's statement. Note that Kevin came forward In October 2003, it was four months later that LE went public with that information and their shift in the theory of the case.

The primary mistake made in Jacobs investigation, IMO, was the early assumptions that Jacobs and Jareds cases were related. I think that may have negatively impacted both cases.

do you have any documentation for the preceding assertions

I cannot post the picture until Joy has updated her blog. I think when you see it, you will be scratching your head.

i have seen it When was it taken in terms of the investigation

hm ?????????I tried to look up RWB on the pine curtain site and it said it was password protected

why wouldn't Jared ID RWB? He did see the perp.

I agree Human. I would think Jared would've been able to identify RWB if he was shown pics or if he were in a line up back then. Also the police would've checked out the vehicle he was driving I would think. Maybe Jared will shed some light on Joys site sometime soon. I know they follow this site.

i have seen it When was it taken in terms of the investigation

I don't see any evidence in the picture that plaster casts had been made. The area around the foot prints would have shown signs of the cast making process.

I remember reading that casts had been made, and since the number of prints for the perp and Jacob were few in number, I should have been able to see evidence of the process in that particular photograph.

I am trying to connect all of Mossad's dots... Zion township's early settlers and their relatives, daughters of Zion, Jackie Theel's abductor, ww Painsville... So far I have not been able to wrap my brain around the clues and solve the puzzle, especially with RWB, the hockey coach entering the picture.

In my "investigation, I did figure out that RB sr's parents, DAH's grand parents, DH and son TH, and Jackie Theel's grand parents all lived within a few miles of each other, some of them closer than a mile in Zion twnship. All of them no more than 5 miles from Paynesville. I have not been able to figure out the connecting relative, if there even is one.

I am confident that more insights eventually will be available here or elsewhere, but one should not expect to be spoon-fed a plausible explanation. Not every detail will be crystal clear or perfectly cohesive. Some aspects must be obscured deliberately to protect the tender feelings of the faultless and to safe keep the faithful who solitarily sleuth the truth against remnant dangers, real or perceived. Frustrating? Yes. Cryptic, teasing even? Perhaps, but that is why you possess logic, reason, a heart and a brain. Continue to connect the dots. Don’t overthink things.

Of course, perhaps a different, less challenging task would better suit some who lurk here. After all, when you want to trace your roots, you find a good genealogist. When your drain is clogged with roots, you find a good plumber, unless you can manage the job yourself. And if perchance one is simply a knot head befuddled by the bumps on one’s own head, one should find a qualified phrenologist (who might provide a few more lumps, just for good measure!).

But how does one untie a mystery that is 25 years old? What skill, talent, tool or instrument is of any use? Some knots are bound so tight that they cannot be undone. Occasionally, however, with the passage of much time, some strands will relax, and some strings will loosen. Even then, it may require a delicate, persistent, and fearless touch to reach a denouement. Once undone, the truth surfaces.

Remember what former Minnesota FBI agent and US Marshal Allen Garber observed on the 20th anniversary of this case: “It’s the investigator—not the computer—that’s going to find the kid or the kidnapper . . . Sometimes it takes them a long, long time, but eventually somebody talks and that’s the way that crimes are solved.”*

Until then, be patient, walk softly, and carry a big pipe wrench . . .

*Without a Trace by Beth Hawkins, Minnesota Monthly, October 2009: http://www.minnesotamonthly.com/media/Minnesota-Monthly/October-2009/Without-a-Trace/

Prov. 11:14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member