MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if various limbs on the Rassier family tree changed spelling to Roeser?

The culprit in this case likely was too troubled emotionally and behaviorally to tolerate much formal education or training, e.g., a high school drop-out, and therefore had no particular skill, trade or profession.

Studies have found that the more education one has, the less likely one is to commit violent crimes.* Bear this in mind when considering the various so-called ‘persons of interest’ in this case. By coincidence, some of these individuals might have simply confused, distracted, and obfuscated the original investigation.

(snipped by me)

I don't think that more education correlates all that strongly with fewer violent crimes. Drug addiction, alcoholism, mental illness, family relations, heredity, can all factor in to a tendency to commit violent crimes, and these things occur rather indiscriminately in people of all levels of education. Highly educated people may have higher paying jobs and are less likely to be robbing banks or committing random murders, but on the other hand, they may kill their spouse for an insurance policy or murder a business rival. The TYPE of violent crimes can be different, but I don't think that the tendency to commit violent crime favors the poorly-educated over the well-educated.

The crimes we are looking into here are abduction of children and pedophilia. It has already been amply shown that highly educated graduates of the prestigious St. John's University had more than their fair share of pedophiles and molesters in their ranks.

Also, keep in mind, there's a fine line between genius and insanity.

Ecellent info and analysis Sher.

Let us think of some mass killers like Hitler or Stalin.

How about Ted Bundy or John Wayne Gacy or Ted Kacynski? I am sure there are plenty of others. And how about all of the doctors , lawyers, teachers that are being busted for child *advertiser censored*?

If you have lots of spare time, there is a complete "History of Stearns County" online that gives the names of each original settler in Stearns County. It has a short paragraph about each person; what they did for a living, who they married, how many children they had and the names of those children.

I saw several names we have discussed here. It's huge though, I read for a long time, just skimming from name to name, and only made it about 3 inches down the page. You can use the "find" feature though in your editing features to search for certain names. It's interesting reading about all these early settlers.

http://archive.org/stream/historyofstearns02mitc/historyofstearns02mitc_djvu.txt

If you have lots of spare time, there is a complete "History of Stearns County" online that gives the names of each original settler in Stearns County. It has a short paragraph about each person; what they did for a living, who they married, how many children they had and the names of those children.

I saw several names we have discussed here. It's huge though, I read for a long time, just skimming from name to name, and only made it about 3 inches down the page. You can use the "find" feature though in your editing features to search for certain names. It's interesting reading about all these early settlers.

http://archive.org/stream/historyofstearns02mitc/historyofstearns02mitc_djvu.txt

You can also download to your kindle for free and use the search feature.

You can also download to your kindle for free and use the search feature.

To answer your earlier question, Ifollowthis, the Rassier name appeared to stay the same from the time they left Germany until present day. I didn't see any alternate spellings.

surveillance_shutterstock_91783235.png

Prov. 11:14

Just curious, why do you think that was a mistake to assume the cases were related? I can completely understand why investigators assumed they were, and I still think they might be related.

Just my opinion, but I do not think the two abductions were related. First if all, when you make a list of all the variables, there are far more differences between the cases than there are similarities.

Second, there was a man arrested in Jareds case. Information about that arrest indicates to me they had the right guy. But they let him go, and I think its because they knew he wasn't good for Jacobs kidnapping. LE at the time were very sure the cases were related. I think that was a mistake, particularly given the number of other attempted abductions in that area at the time. (I have found info about two other attempts in Stearns county that we haven't discussed on here yet, will post about them soon).

I think the rassiers should sell the farm so that it can be turned upside down by an excavating company.

Just my opinion, but I do not think the two abductions were related. First if all, when you make a list of all the variables, there are far more differences between the cases than there are similarities.

Second, there was a man arrested in Jareds case. Information about that arrest indicates to me they had the right guy. But they let him go, and I think its because they knew he wasn't good for Jacobs kidnapping. LE at the time were very sure the cases were related. I think that was a mistake, particularly given the number of other attempted abductions in that area at the time. (I have found info about two other attempts in Stearns county that we haven't discussed on here yet, will post about them soon).

ELOCsoul...that's intriguing. Reading Jared's comments on Joy's blog he alludes to this and says the Paynesville assaults may have more in common with Jacob's case.
1. If LE had the right guy for Jared's case, do you know if they released him for lack of evidence?
2. Attempted abductions...are you able to make a map of these?

If they had the right guy for Jared's case, wouldn't they have shown his photo to Jared or placed him in a line-up? Jared must not feel they had the right guy, because he is still looking. I wish we knew if he ever saw the guy they arrested and let go.

ELOCsoul...that's intriguing. Reading Jared's comments on Joy's blog he alludes to this and says the Paynesville assaults may have more in common with Jacob's case.
1. If LE had the right guy for Jared's case, do you know if they released him for lack of evidence?
2. Attempted abductions...are you able to make a map of these?

Jared came forward in 2004 and at the time he felt the cases were related. There's an article online where he discusses that with WCCO. I am only speculating here, but I think Jareds initial inclination that they were related was due to the notion there were just those two abductions. Now of course we know there were multiple attempts. My guess is in light of that information that Jared looks at things differently now.

Why they released the Cold Spring man I don't know. But remember it was the FBI that pushed the arrest. The BCA was upset that the arrest occurred without their input, and the Strearns County DA did not want to press charges. In my opinion, Jareds case was "solved" in 1989, but LE moved on, and in my opinion it's because they were convinced the cases were related.

Regarding the other abduction attempts, one was in north St Cloud in July, 1990. The other was in the Pleasant Acres addition of St Joseph in March, 1990.

Jared came forward in 2004 and at the time he felt the cases were related. There's an article online where he discusses that with WCCO. I am only speculating here, but I think Jareds initial inclination that they were related was due to the notion there were just those two abductions. Now of course we know there were multiple attempts. My guess is in light of that information that Jared looks at things differently now.

Why they released the Cold Spring man I don't know. But remember it was the FBI that pushed the arrest. The BCA was upset that the arrest occurred without their input, and the Strearns County DA did not want to press charges. In my opinion, Jareds case was "solved" in 1989, but LE moved on, and in my opinion it's because they were convinced the cases were related.

So do you think that guy who was arrested and let go is still out there somewhere? Or was he possibly arrested for something else later?

So do you think that guy who was arrested and let go is still out there somewhere? Or was he possibly arrested for something else later?

I have no ideas on that one, sorry.

I think the rassiers should sell the farm so that it can be turned upside down by an excavating company.

Either they would find nothing, or a graveyard. And all it would do is verify there was a body or bodies, or the possibility that bodies were disposed of elsewhere if nothing was found.

What I find a bit odd is that even LE admits this whole case was poorly executed, but still will not accept any outside expert assistance. My suspicion is that it is entirely liability motivated.

Either they would find nothing, or a graveyard. And all it would do is verify there was a body or bodies, or the possibility that bodies were disposed of elsewher. e if nothing was found.

What I find a bit odd is that even LE admits this whole case was poorly executed, but still will not accept any outside expert assistance. My suspicion is that it is entirely liability motivated.

If a body fell out of the farm there would only be one person who could have done it. The police were on the scene in 20 to 30 minutes, only daniel who was home alone could be responsible. The evidence of the shrine of newspaper clippings, video, and journal would also put the nail in the coffin.

The case is still active so that is why we dont have all the information you and i need. Thus is why thry cant accept assistance other than their own. I dont like how the investigation feels dead in the water right now. The rassiers should sell the farm to clear themselves, especially since the vehicle was ruled out.

If a body fell out of the farm there would only be one person who could have done it. The police were on the scene in 20 to 30 minutes, only daniel who was home alone could be responsible. The evidence of the shrine of newspaper clippings, video, and journal would also put the nail in the coffin.

The case is still active so that is why we dont have all the information you and i need. Thus is why thry cant accept assistance other than their own. I dont like how the investigation feels dead in the water right now. The rassiers should sell the farm to clear themselves, especially since the vehicle was ruled out.

I don't think "selling the farm" would do anything. DR would still be considered a POI whether he lived there or somewhere else. His parents are quite elderly now, I would imagine either Dan will inherit the farm, or it will be divided up amongst all their children. DR's brother (AR) already owns a chunk of the land on the front of the farm, his name is listed as property owner on online public Stearns County property maps. The city of St. Joe has wanted to buy that land for a long time, because they'd like to put a connecting road through it between the two main highways. Since it has been registered as an historical site, that won't happen though.

I would like to get into the farm and search more. While Dan owns it that probably isnt going to happen. My strong belief is that they have missed on finding a very hidden gravesite.

I have the long form of the case copied out, but it doesn't give much more info. When I looked at the NC court cases, they had criminal and traffic combined in one area, and family court in another area, similar to the MN court site. But in MN they usually state what the offense was. On one of the NC court websites they had the term "demographic infraction" and stated that was a term used only on NC court sites for criminal cases. So I'm not sure either.

In case anybody is wondering, no luck yet on finding out what this "demographic infraction" was on RWB in North Carolina. Called, got transferred three times and left a message last Thursday. If anybody finds themselves in the middle of North Carolina soon...this is a matter of public record but easier to go in person. I'll try again. And I might be in NC this summer, so who knows. Not that RWB is a high priority, but I would like to know if there's any relevant history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frogstronaut