MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case anybody is wondering, no luck yet on finding out what this "demographic infraction" was on RWB in North Carolina. Called, got transferred three times and left a message last Thursday. If anybody finds themselves in the middle of North Carolina soon...this is a matter of public record but easier to go in person. I'll try again. And I might be in NC this summer, so who knows. Not that RWB is a high priority, but I would like to know if there's any relevant history.

Thanks! Hope you can get the info.

I would not mind calling. Can you provide instructions. Phone number and what dept to call please?

Thanks! Hope you can get the info.

I would not mind calling. Can you provide instructions. Phone number and what dept to call please?

http://www.co.iredell.nc.us/departments/sheriff/records.asp

Hi human, thanks! the number is 704-878-3180. Russell William Bohaty dob 11/25/46. Iredell County, case 48020080000221, charge was on 1/16/08

I also see that at the time of the charge in nc his address given was 7218 Starlight Drive in Rutledge Mn. Google map finds the street and it looks like woods and cabins.

In case anybody is wondering, no luck yet on finding out what this "demographic infraction" was on RWB in North Carolina. Called, got transferred three times and left a message last Thursday. If anybody finds themselves in the middle of North Carolina soon...this is a matter of public record but easier to go in person. I'll try again. And I might be in NC this summer, so who knows. Not that RWB is a high priority, but I would like to know if there's any relevant history.

http://www.chetson.com/2010/03/north-carolina-criminal-lawyer-what-is-an-infraction/

Demographic would mean something unique to the city for example no parking on the avenues after midnight or something like that.

Thank you Marzipan. I will call but it will be in a couple of days.

I am so interested to see that they say

How is it that the Wetterlings literally had no contact with Daniel for 20 years? Nor did Daniel ever contact the Wetterlings. How is that even possible? If it were my son i would be all over that farm on day one and talking to Daniel about what he saw. Its really pretty crazy if you think about it. the wetterlings honed in on a vehicle used just like the police did for 14 years.

Interesting comments Sasquatch.

I imagine at first they were so totally freaked out they could not even function. Patty has an article somewhere where she says she could not even get out of bed for a while.

Then the investigation must have been going on for awhile. Since DR did not see anything, there would be no point to ask him anything.

Rather, I feel, as a concerned neighbor and teacher, he could have gone to ask them what he could do to help. Why not?

People came from miles away to help.

Interesting comments Sasquatch.

I imagine at first they were so totally freaked out they could not even function. Patty has an article somewhere where she says she could not even get out of bed for a while.

Then the investigation must have been going on for awhile. Since DR did not see anything, there would be no point to ask him anything.

Rather, I feel, as a concerned neighbor and teacher, he could have gone to ask them what he could do to help. Why not?

People came from miles away to help.

Yeah i find that odd. Supposedly Rassier is this innocent, outstanding guy yet he never took the time to walk a half mile to congratulate patty on all her accomplishments and to dicuss the case? Weird.

How sad is it that Dan Rassier would seek out Joy Baker only to clear his name before ever even contacting his neighbor Patty Wetterling. Dan could have shared his journal and worked with Patty first.

I think its obvious after you find out there wasnt a vehicle used that strange things like this was occuring the whole time. dan is intelligent and seclusive and that is scary.

How is it that the Wetterlings literally had no contact with Daniel for 20 years? Nor did Daniel ever contact the Wetterlings. How is that even possible? If it were my son i would be all over that farm on day one and talking to Daniel about what he saw. Its really pretty crazy if you think about it. the wetterlings honed in on a vehicle used just like the police did for 14 years.

Yeh, that does seem odd. However, if you google walk the abduction site you'll notice that visually from that vantage point you cannot see a farm. Literally you see nothing but landscape. And Jacob's footprints have been established to be 40 yards from the intersection of 16th + Rassier's driveway....not very far visually relative to the curve in Rassier's driveway. It's easy to understand that initially nobody suspected anything beyond what is seen from that vantage point and especially given Kevin's tire tracks. Having said all of that....I don't have an answer for the 20 years of no contact between the Wetterlings and DR...from either's point of view.

I think someone else made a good point before as well, why do the rassiers seem so rattled up about the case, like they just want to shut the door on it. Do these people have heart, it may not be their own son but he is still missing and it happened on their property, accept it and help the wetterlings to the last breath. Is it possible one or two family members know a gun is missing or clothes missing but cant bring themselves to believe it and just dont want to?

I think someone else made a good point before as well, why do the rassiers seem so rattled up about the case, like they just want to shut the door on it. Do these people have heart, it may not be their own son but he is still missing and it happened on their property, accept it and help the wetterlings to the last breath. Is it possible one or two family members know a gun is missing or clothes missing but cant bring themselves to believe it and just dont want to?

Could be. But IDK. As you describe it, it has always given me pause. Can you tell me why you are so confident in your position?

Could be. But IDK. As you describe it, it has always given me pause. Can you tell me why you are so confident in your position?

I am glad you asked. I was 13 years old and lived in willmar mn at the time of the abduction. It literally rocked everyones world. Im now 37 and live in st cloud and for the first time about two or three weeks ago i visited the abduction site for the first time. It absolutely devastated me. It devastated me mostly because the picture i had in my mind for 24 years was nothing like what im seeing now. Originally i thought the abduction occured on a two way county road with no houses or farm nearby. I thought it was just a road and a woods that the boys had to run into. I could now see that it happened at the end of a driveway on top of kind of a hill with the farm and houses in view in the distance. The area itself immediately screamed out to me that a stranger hunting kids couldnt possibly have been here or been so lucky to even see kids here. With the vehicle largely ruled out in 2004 i couldnt help but get an awful feeling and shivers coming from the farm. all of a sudden its all making sense to me, there was never a white van in the area that took jacob, it was daniel rassier.

Also for what its worth, ive asked some people locally what they think and they all have the same reply "the guy on the farm did it".

Also for what its worth, ive asked some people locally what they think and they all have the same reply "the guy on the farm did it".

Might be time for the police to get a warrant and do a much more effective investigation of the farm using far more experienced CSI investigators to search every nook and cranny. Under barn and outbuilding floors and under any concrete poured within a few weeks of the abduction.

IF DR is the actor, chances are he visits the grave on occasion. The pathway he takes should be visible. I doubt that IF he is the actor, Jacob was his only victim.

Any confirmation the farm has a backhoe on a tractor?

I am glad you asked. I was 13 years old and lived in willmar mn at the time of the abduction. It literally rocked everyones world. Im now 37 and live in st cloud and for the first time about two or three weeks ago i visited the abduction site for the first time. It absolutely devastated me. It devastated me mostly because the picture i had in my mind for 24 years was nothing like what im seeing now. Originally i thought the abduction occured on a two way county road with no houses or farm nearby. I thought it was just a road and a woods that the boys had to run into. I could now see that it happened at the end of a driveway on top of kind of a hill with the farm and houses in view in the distance. The area itself immediately screamed out to me that a stranger hunting kids couldnt possibly have been here or been so lucky to even see kids here. With the vehicle largely ruled out in 2004 i couldnt help but get an awful feeling and shivers coming from the farm. all of a sudden its all making sense to me, there was never a white van in the area that took jacob, it was daniel rassier.

Sasquatch321....thanks for the explanation. I have never been to the site or St Joseph so I too most likely have a different picture in my mind versus the reality of physically seeing the site.

Might be time for the police to get a warrant and do a much more effective investigation of the farm using far more experienced CSI investigators to search every nook and cranny. Under barn and outbuilding floors and under any concrete poured within a few weeks of the abduction.

IF DR is the actor, chances are he visits the grave on occasion. The pathway he takes should be visible. I doubt that IF he is the actor, Jacob was his only victim.

Any confirmation the farm has a backhoe on a tractor?

Now you're talking, lets get in their and turn this farm upside down. I wish dan was dumb enough to leave a trail to the gravesite, but he is not.

I don't know if police want a repeat of what happened a few years ago with all the national attention digging on DR farm and not finding anything (anything that was released anyway). I didn't know they had enough evidence to do the search in the first place. If they did, it wasn't made public. I think DR may be covering for someone he knows who actually did it. Maybe he helped. He doesn't fit the national profile of an abductor, but that doesn't mean much. I think there needs to be more evidence against anyone before the case moves forward. Which stinks because LE is not releasing anything. This case has gone on too long. They need to release something publicly or ask the FBI to step in again.

Daniel went to europe in 1984, when his parents go again in 1989 without him, dan is at this point-alone, jealous, and bored. He is 34 years old and single and all of a sudden his epic music collection isnt so great anymore. He begins talking to himself in the mirror, realizing his permament speech impediment has deemed him a failure for life. He goes out running to make himself feel better, while running dan is on top of the world and invincible. Its getting late and as he gets back near the farm he lies down in a patch of weeds and just lies there staring up at the sky, the sun is setting. All of a sudden three boys on bikes can be heard coming up the road, dan is incognito and starts to tactically follow them, he loses them and decides a better opportunity to scare them can be had on their return. He sprints back to the farm quick and gets the gun and his moms nylons for a mask. He goes back and sets up shop in the ditch, the boys are on their way back. He plays a game of whats your age, run or i will shoot, until only jacob is left. He takes jacob by the elbow and starts bringing him down the driveway before daniel realizes his first mistake-they are leaving their footprints. Daniel at this point carries jacob and long steps it through the grass and patch of woods and into the house.

I will not continue my story past this point, because it is just very bad.

Note- this story is my opinion only.

Daniel went to europe in 1984, when his parents go again in 1989 without him, dan is at this point-alone, jealous, and bored. He is 34 years old and single and all of a sudden his epic music collection isnt so great anymore. He begins talking to himself in the mirror, realizing his permament speech impediment has deemed him a failure for life. He goes out running to make himself feel better, while running dan is on top of the world and invincible. Its getting late and as he gets back near the farm he lies down in a patch of weeds and just lies there staring up at the sky, the sun is setting. All of a sudden three boys on bikes can be heard coming up the road, dan is incognito and starts to tactically follow them, he loses them and decides a better opportunity to scare them can be had on their return. He sprints back to the farm quick and gets the gun and his moms nylons for a mask. He goes back and sets up shop in the ditch, the boys are on their way back. He plays a game of whats your age, run or i will shoot, until only jacob is left. He takes jacob by the elbow and starts bringing him down the driveway before daniel realizes his first mistake-they are leaving their footprints. Daniel at this point carries jacob and long steps it through the grass and patch of woods and into the house.

I will not continue my story past this point, because it is just very bad.

Note- This story is my opinion only.

That's just it. Right now what you have is just a story. What hard evidence do you have that any of this occurred except for the running part and the music collection both of which DR verified? You are going by innuendo and rumor not fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhysiare