Identified! AZ - Yavapai Co., WhtFem 157UFAZ, 25-40, pregnant, Aug'95 - Name not found

Would a doctor perform eye surgery on a pregnant lady?
I wonder if she was wearing it not because she had eye surgery but because they made good sunglasses? Was it confirmed that the glasses belong to her?

I believe the $64,000 question is how she got there. There were no abandoned cars nearby. Plus, a missing pregnant woman in the woods would be all over the news. I think she was abandoned and left to die by the person who took her there.

A missing pregnant women would be "all over the news"if, and only if it was reported. If she was there alone, if her companion was also dead somewhere in the canyon or if she was deliberately abandoned there, who would know where she was missing.

I guess I assumed that this woman died of dehydration but do we know the actual cause? It was always my assumption for some reason that she was alive when she was dropped off in the location she was found. But now I am wondering if she may have been dropped off at this location after death....

She was found on a ledge halfway up a steep canyon wall. It was not vertical but very steep. It would have been virtually impossible to transport a body to that location without a helicopter. The rim of the canyon was accessible only with a 4WD and, as I have explained, very difficult to descend. The base of the canyon had an easy trail from the parking area. I think there is little doubt she starte on the bottom and went up on her own volition.

Her body was fully skeletonized but there was no broken bones or other evidence of trauma. Snakes hibernate during cold weather. Most likely she died of exposure.

I wonder if she was wearing it not because she had eye surgery but because they made good sunglasses? Was it confirmed that the glasses belong to her?

I don't know how the glasses were traced to that particular eye clinic. Presumably the name was printed on them somewhere. I would also assume the clinic was contacted and they were unable to trace them to a former patient.

My uncle had cataract surgery and wore the glasses he was issued for the rest of his life because the offered good protection against future cataracts.

If these glasses we for cataract surgery, our jane Doe was kind of young. Perhaps they were issued to someone else and given to her. Many possibilities.

I don't know how the glasses were traced to that particular eye clinic. Presumably the name was printed on them somewhere. I would also assume the clinic was contacted and they were unable to trace them to a former patient.

My uncle had cataract surgery and wore the glasses he was issued for the rest of his life because the offered good protection against future cataracts.

If these glasses we for cataract surgery, our jane Doe was kind of young. Perhaps they were issued to someone else and given to her. Many possibilities.

I wonder how they know if it even belong to her. For example, in the Grateful Dead Jason Doe case, the so-called 'Caroline' letter was assumed to have belong to him but it was actually found near the accident and not on him.
I also wonder if they did any DNA testing on the fetus and ran it through databanks. Maybe the father has a criminal background and has his DNA in CODIS. If they couldn't get a hit from the Jane Doe then maybe from the fetus.

She was found on a ledge halfway up a steep canyon wall. It was not vertical but very steep. It would have been virtually impossible to transport a body to that location without a helicopter. The rim of the canyon was accessible only with a 4WD and, as I have explained, very difficult to descend. The base of the canyon had an easy trail from the parking area. I think there is little doubt she starte on the bottom and went up on her own volition.

Her body was fully skeletonized but there was no broken bones or other evidence of trauma. Snakes hibernate during cold weather. Most likely she died of exposure.

She could have been dead for upwards of a year though. I don't know if there was a COD listed but wasn't the trail popular? If she were stranded and had no existing trauma, then why didn't anyone hear her cry for help?
One thing I would look into is any car accidents resulting in death during the period of her estimated death. Maybe the person she was with went to get help and ended up being killed in a car accident.

I found a website that has quite a bit of information about this woman and how she was found. It includes an image of a local newspaper article that indicates they don't know how she died but it doesn't appear to have been complications of pregnancy. Also a couple of blurry but slightly different photos of the reconstruction.

http://yavapaisw.com/unidentified-victims/ and scroll down to the second entry.

Quoting myself to bump the thread link. There's quite a bit of information including an image of a newspaper article about the woman and the circumstances.

She's young to have cataracts, but not impossible. They might have found remains of the intra-ocular lens that's inserted after the cataract is removed.

I wonder if she walked in from a different direction, maybe from a lot farther away than seems likely?

Here is a list of males who died in Yavapai County around the estimated time of death and were around the same age of the Jane Doe. It would be great if people who are familiar with Yavapai County could say whether or not the cities are close to Clarksdale. Even better would to see if any of these guys were from the same city as the manufacturer of the sunglasses:

1. Stephen J Morrison
Dewey, Yavapai County, Arizona
December 11, 1951 - February 14, 1995

2. Mark D Blodget
Prescott, Yavapai County, Arizona
May 16, 1952 - February 05, 1995

3. Daniel M Thompson
Cottonwood, Yavapai County, Arizona
January 27, 1953 - February 27, 1995

4. Robin C Roberge
Prescott Valley, Yavapai County, Arizona
January 10, 1953 - January 13, 1995

5. Ken J Coope
November 08, 1954 - January 10, 1995

6. Roy A Richardson
December 09, 1954 - January 07, 1995

7. Jerry Holt
August 12, 1955 - March 17, 1995

8. Jerry L Lewis
November 08, 1955 - March 03, 1995

9. James D Clapp
Yarnell, Yavapai County, Arizona
April 27, 1959 - January 04, 1995

10. R E Pierce
April 05, 1961 - January 15, 1995

11. Michael F Hernandez
April 12, 1961 - January 21, 1995

12. D Luke Armstrong
Mayer, Yavapai County, Arizona
October 01, 1961 - January 05, 1995

13. J Lang
November 19, 1964 - March 01, 1995

14. Michael S Reeves
January 23, 1965 - March 20, 1995

15. Samuel G Mcnay
Ash Fork, Yavapai County, Arizona
February 18, 1964 - October 13, 1994

16. Martin J Vinciguerra
May 10, 1962 - August 12, 1994

17. Stephen A Maybee
March 11, 1960 - November 09, 1994

18. Rocky A Lee
May 24, 1958 - August 16, 1994

19. Joseph L Burke
Sedona, Yavapai County, Arizona
April 21, 1956 - September 07, 1994

20. R Dinan
Sedona, Yavapai County, Arizona
December 22, 1952 - October 01, 1994

Dewey 46 miles
Prescott- 40 miles
Prescott Valley 27.8 miles
Cottonwood- 4 Miles **decent sized city**
Yarnell- 78.6 miles
Mayer- 50 miles
Ash Fork- 76
Sedona- 23 Miles

Sedona has a lot of tourism, lots of traffic. It is one of the most beautiful places ever no joke.

It is also good to consider this area of Az does have many issues with wildfires. Does anyone want to look if they had a wildfire around the time or where the body was found?
Prescott and Prescott Valley are two places, Prescott is a county seat larger population. Cottonwood, its a medium sized city but smaller than Prescott, but definitely could of come from there. The other cities are fairly small within the consideration of Sedona.

Anymore of Az questions just holler!

Dewey 46 miles
Prescott- 40 miles
Prescott Valley 27.8 miles
Cottonwood- 4 Miles **decent sized city**
Yarnell- 78.6 miles
Mayer- 50 miles
Ash Fork- 76
Sedona- 23 Miles

Sedona has a lot of tourism, lots of traffic. It is one of the most beautiful places ever no joke.

It is also good to consider this area of Az does have many issues with wildfires. Does anyone want to look if they had a wildfire around the time or where the body was found?
Prescott and Prescott Valley are two places, Prescott is a county seat larger population. Cottonwood, its a medium sized city but smaller than Prescott, but definitely could of come from there. The other cities are fairly small within the consideration of Sedona.

Anymore of Az questions just holler!

I don't think Jane Doe was from AZ. What I meant is that maybe Jane Doe found herself stranded on the ledge, her partner went for help. Whilst looking for help, something happened to the partner i.e. car crash. If this was the case, then I would assume that it happened near the canyon site. Therefore, it leaves these people:

3. Daniel M Thompson

6. Roy A Richardson

17. Stephen A Maybee

I don't think Jane Doe was from AZ. What I meant is that maybe Jane Doe found herself stranded on the ledge, her partner went for help. Whilst looking for help, something happened to the partner i.e. car crash. If this was the case, then I would assume that it happened near the canyon site. Therefore, it leaves these people:

3. Daniel M Thompson

6. Roy A Richardson

17. Stephen A Maybee

Dumb question: if we know these men are dead, wouldn't their surviving friends and family know if they also had a significant other who was missing?

Dumb question: if we know these men are dead, wouldn't their surviving friends and family know if they also had a significant other who was missing?

I don't think it's a dumb question. It looks as if Jane Doe was never reported missing by her family or friends which is astonishing. Maybe any one of those men were not close to their family enough for them to know that there was a pregnant woman in the picture. Another answer is maybe any one of those men were not her SO; maybe a family member or friend who took her out for one last crazy retreat before submitting to the demands of motherhood. I even thought about including women who died within the same time and location too.

I don't think it's a dumb question. It looks as if Jane Doe was never reported missing by her family or friends which is astonishing. Maybe any one of those men were not close to their family enough for them to know that there was a pregnant woman in the picture. Another answer is maybe any one of those men were not her SO; maybe a family member or friend who took her out for one last crazy retreat before submitting to the demands of motherhood. I even thought about including women who died within the same time and location too.

Thanks. And we should consider any unidentified people found in the same area after 1994-5, if someone hasn't already looked through them.

Perhaps... the U.I.D. was abducted, held for along period of time (months or years, even), all-the-while being sexually abused/raped by her abductor(s).

Perhaps... the U.I.D. was not pregnant at the time of her abduction, but became pregnant during her captivity.

Perhaps... as she neared the end of the pregnancy, the abductor decided it was easier for him to dispose of her before she gave birth, rather than have to deal with an infant, etc.

Ok, so this thought is way out there....and please feel free to add your thoughts...but there is a young girl named Nicole Morin who went missing from Ontario, Canada back in 1985. Here is the link to her websleuths thread. CANADA Canada - Nicole Louise Morin, 8, Toronto Ontario, 30 July 1985 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

" Circumstances of Disappearance:
On July 30th, Nicole left her mother’s penthouse apartment in The West Mall, in Toronto's Etobicoke area, and vanished. There has been no trace of the 8 year old girl who was likely abducted moments after leaving the apartment in the Highway 427 and Rathburn Road area.
At 10:30am Nicole had gone to the lobby of the twenty story apartment building to pick up the mail. She returned to the apartment and got ready to go swimming with a playmate. Before leaving the apartment Nicole had spoken to a friend through the building's intercom and promised to be right down. The playmate waited about 15 minutes before buzzing the apartment again to find out why Nicole hadn't arrived. The two girls had arranged to meet in the lobby and go to a supervised swimming pool at the rear of the building.
About 11:00am Nicole said goodbye to her mother and left the apartment. No one has seen the girl since she closed the apartment door and walked into the penthouse hallway. "

When I read about this unidentified woman and the bathing suit found nearby, for some reason, Nicole Morin popped into my head. A real long shot...and I do realize that the bathing suit descriptions do not match, but what if this woman was taken many years ago....held captive and then left there just before the birth of a baby....along with a bathing suit as a 'clue' to her real identity? Maybe I am reading too many fiction novels.....

Anyhow....your thoughts?

I emailed those three names to the regional admin. From what she said, it sounded like they may already have identified her though.

Thanks. And we should consider any unidentified people found in the same area after 1994-5, if someone hasn't already looked through them.

I looked at this a while back but hadn't finished researching so hadn't posted yet. I was thinking that if they had gone off the road with their vehicle and become lost, they could have wandered quite a distance, and with all the empty space out there the vehicle might never be found.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/134umaz.html Found in 1998, deceased 3-10 years. No details on doenet and I haven't looked elsewhere yet.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/155umaz.html
He was found near Williams AZ in 1996. Williams is a long drive from Sycamore Canyon but only about 50-60 miles by trail and there are intermediate points than can be reached by roadway: https://goo.gl/maps/xL6ai If they were camping somewhere in the middle and became lost, they could conceivably have wandered opposite directions.

This guy was found in 2005 with an estimated 1-5 years previous, so probably too far out of the time line: http://doenetwork.org/cases/833umaz.html

There was a UID found in November 1995 somewhere in Ash Fork, AZ. He was identified in 2010 as Pete Anthony Rose, missing July 1995 from Woodlake CA. Depending on where in Ash Fork he was found, he could have been as little as 45 miles from Sycamore Jane: https://goo.gl/maps/OjbVw I think we should definitely look into connections there.

I emailed those three names to the regional admin. From what she said, it sounded like they may already have identified her though.

Are you referring to our Jane Doe?

Are you referring to our Jane Doe?

Yes. She said they had a "very good match" that they were looking at when I submitted my information. I got the vibe that she was saying "thanks but we're about to solve the case anyways." Furthermore, she couldn't give any information so I wonder if this is a murder case.

Yes. She said they had a "very good match" that they were looking at when I submitted my information. I got the vibe that she was saying "thanks but we're about to solve the case anyways." Furthermore, she couldn't give any information so I wonder if this is a murder case.

My money is on this being Therese Balsano. Everything fits, except that she wasn't noted as being pregnant.

From jessunlil original post on page 2:

This lady might be a stretch but I think there's some facial similarity between her and the AZ UID.

Dawn Christine Haines
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2558dfky.html

Side by side
attachment.php

I also found this person while researching and wondering If she was ever submitted...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe
Back