Discussion thread for Jodi Arias Journals

OK you know what .. reading this reminds me of a cousin of mine who has gone a bit loopy lately in the bloke department. She is seeing a married guy (god help her) and was so determined to find approval she visited several psychics and settled on the one that told her that they had been together in past lives (therefore insane relationship is OK), is it possible Jodi saw a psychic who reinforced her obsession over Travis by saying something like that to her? Or is it something that she just 'felt' in herself?

It seems to me that Jodi was very very open to anything 'magical' as opposed to doing what it really takes to reach her goals.

Want to earn more money?
Finish high school, or get a trade qualification while working at a restaurant (consider yourself lucky to have waitressing / bar skills which fit in well with college classes etc).

Want to get married?
Stop chasing after men, read 'The Rules', only date guys who are interested in a real relationship with you, stop living in la la land when it comes to men, stop putting out on the first date, in cars, with randoms etc.

Want more spirituality?
Go on country walks, appreciate nature, learn to enjoy solitude, meditate, read religious texts, etc.

etc.

Just pick those nice secluded country walks VERY carefully. Even with a dog, I have been saved once by throwing full beers at the bogey man when he jumped out of the bushes...long enough for me to dig the .38 out of the "ThunderWear". ;)

Jank, she isn't comparing her posts to Elizabeth Bennet. :) I was comparing her references and the demeanour she is trying to adapt to exactly that period though. It clashes starkly with the reality of her life.

EX 568- Email- July 27, 2007 from Sky to Travis- Sky is saying she's sorry she can't loan Travis $4000 but she can give him (cliffhanger) (this diary entry was not shown in court)

EX 568- Email- July 27, 2007 from Sky to Travis- Sky is saying she's sorry she can't loan Travis $4000 but she can give him (cliffhanger) (this diary entry was not shown in court)

"Fruit of the Forbidden Tree?"

It was STOLEN after all!

7/9/08
"I am no lady of justice, but I just know that there is nothing he could've possibly done to deserve what happened to him" Finally! Truth from Jodi Arias.

How come we aren't seeing these kinds of gems in the trial.?

The problem with all her journals is that there is no way to know what if anything is true. That she wrote in his journal reinforced for me that she expected him to read hers. Was she really depressed and often suicidal? Maybe. And maybe it was just manipulation, as Sky has said she used suicide frequently as a threat.

I not only don't feel sorry for her, but I feel seriously creeped out the more I think about it.

Paid $5.99 for one month subscription and began to read yesterday. Read volume 1 and I started to feel this weird sensation of sympathy for the convict. I welcomed that weird feeling and didn't fight it. Kept reading on. Started to feel creeped out as I began to feel her manipulation through her writings. She is lying to her journal. She wants her journal to view her as a nice person. She wants Travis to read the journal and feel sorry for her, sorry enough to marry her. She is thinking and behaving like a immature teenager. Her depression is fake. Everything in her journal is fake. She makes up lies as she writes. The content of journal entries does not match the real Jodi Arias as we know and have seen during the trial, 48 hour interviews, interrogation, or her false accusation of Travis's character. She is more evil than I imagined or realized. I really did wanted to feel sympathy for her for change, but failed.

One interesting point I found. March 22, 2008 (Volume 5), She notes this date as her 2 year anniversary with Pre-Paid Legal. I thought she started PPL shortly before she met Travis. Maybe I was wrong.

Another note I found that I LOL is on Dec 31, 2007 (Volume 3). A short Mexican prep cook asks her out and she laughs and walks away. Then she complains about how it's always the really short Mexicans that have a disproportionately huge sense of self confidence. Well missy, say hello to Mr. Martinez!

12/26/07 She writes about Travis making many EMOTIONAL deposits into our joint account but that he is near overdawn today. There it is! She specifically says emotional deposits (Journal 3)

The exact quote:

"Oh well to use his me (scratched out) own metaphor, he's made many emotional deposits into our joint account, but he's close to overdrawn today." She is upset with Travis because she called him, he said he would call her back but he never did. (clearly she began to write metaphor, scratched it out and changed it to own metaphor)

12/30/07 Volume 3
"our body is a mass of mass of (second "mass of" scratched out) energy..." It is instances like this that make me believe that the journals are being rewritten. Who makes that mistake in spontaneous writing?? I've made it many a time, though, when I was rewriting something.

Paid $5.99 for one month subscription and began to read yesterday. Read volume 1 and I started to feel this weird sensation of sympathy for the convict. I welcomed that weird feeling and didn't fight it. Kept reading on. Started to feel creeped out as I began to feel her manipulation through her writings. She is lying to her journal. She wants her journal to view her as a nice person. She wants Travis to read the journal and feel sorry for her, sorry enough to marry her. She is thinking and behaving like a immature teenager. Her depression is fake. Everything in her journal is fake. She makes up lies as she writes. The content of journal entries does not match the real Jodi Arias as we know and have seen during the trial, 48 hour interviews, interrogation, or her false accusation of Travis's character. She is more evil than I imagined or realized. I really did wanted to feel sympathy for her for change, but failed.

One interesting point I found. March 22, 2008 (Volume 5), She notes this date as her 2 year anniversary with Pre-Paid Legal. I thought she started PPL shortly before she met Travis. Maybe I was wrong.

Another note I found that I LOL is on Dec 31, 2007 (Volume 3). A short Mexican prep cook asks her out and she laughs and walks away. Then she complains about how it's always the really short Mexicans that have a disproportionately huge sense of self confidence. Well missy, say hello to Mr. Martinez!

I guess she joined up with PPL in late March 2006 then IIRC she went with a friend to the Vegas PPL convention in September 2006 where she met Travis Alexander

I wish she'd learn how to spell ridiculous It's not "rediculous"

This is the full chapter from the D & C that CMJA was quoting in the last pages of her journal: (https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/19.16-20?lang=eng)

[/FONT][/COLOR]* 16 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that theymight not suffer if they would repent;
17 But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;
18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink—
19 Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook andfinished my preparations unto the children of men.
20 Wherefore, I command you again to repent, lest I humble you with my almighty power; and that you confess your sins, lest you suffer these punishments of which I have spoken, of which in the smallest, yea, even in the least degree you have tasted at the time I withdrew my Spirit.*

I can't remember, for the life of me, why any of this doctrine ever made sense to me growing up as an LDS member. That's a huge reason why I left the church over 30 years ago.

Kind of strange that CMJA quoted verses 16-20. Not EVEN going to try to figure out "why" she wrote it.

Pages and pages of "Magical Thinking". All the mentions of "suicide" were probably for the benefit of someone else stumbling upon her writings. PPL, the Church, Law of Attraction, blah, blah, blah. Boring.

I think her biggest "downfall" was not writing daily during the week she murdered Travis and then not being "specific" or "detailed" when she got around to writing about her road trip. It's absence is pretty blaring.

CMJA is far more "tired" than I imagined. Her dad kind of nailed it, "strange". She's seriously not worth all the hype and publicity. Zero redeeming qualities, lies just for the sake of lying, very inflated sense of self............pathetic.

And the defense is creeping upwards towards the $3mil mark.........for what?!? More slander of the victim?
:gaah:

Maybe JA thinks she's the god described here? The one who is just about crushed with suffering? It would go along with her magical thinking and overly smug self-esteem

The real Jodi is just beneath her words as early as the summer of 2007. She writes about trying to overcome dark thoughts and "scenarios." This right after she went looking for proof of his cheating after being involved for all of a few months. Her alleged depressions are very much linked to her awareness, when she sees it, that Travis just has no intention of making her his wife.

Given how desperate he was to get married, the fact he never thought of her that way must have been especially enraging to her.

What about winning the wife lottery? Or the text about being at a club and none of the girls matched crazy Jodi? I think that was April 2008?
I just have more questions not any answers.

another I find odd/suspicious...

volume 4 1/31/08

..."Travis texted me and asked me to call after work. He needed money again. Wait, correction, he called me after work..."

What about winning the wife lottery? Or the text about being at a club and none of the girls matched crazy Jodi? I think that was April 2008?
I just have more questions not any answers.

The from the club comment was written by JA, IMO. As far as winning the wife lottery comment. She said he said it. Which means, translated, who knows if he ever said it.

What is true is that he was freaked when she moved to Mesa, relieved and happy to see her leave, and that he never asked her to marry him.

Does she babble in journal as she does in interview/testimony?

Arias reads like a woman from centuries ago. Perhaps she is role playing a character from Pride and Prejudice? Her choice of words is odd. A woman in her twenties wishing to be a 'matriarch' and mother? So much of it seems designed to be read by those she seeks to convince of her 'light'. PPL indoctrination (and her tortured attempts to sound like a religious disciple to Travis) portray a calculating, desperate individual. Arias is so pretentious. The condescending attitude to her mother's education makes me cringe. Arias' stubborn refusal to admit she killed Travis out of hatred for being rejected has cost her a likely death sentence. She fashioned her own noose.

1st BBM
Did you mean her choice of "verbiage" is odd? :smile:

2nd BBM
I feel exactly the same way. I think her mother embarrasses her royal highness. And this "verbiage" coming from a high school drop out at that! Remember when her mom was talking to Flores?

SANDRA ARIAS: You know (INAUDIBLE) she gave me a hard time because I never went to college and she kept telling me, Mom, you need to -- you need to read. You need to do this. You need to better your life. And -- I don`t know. I just -- I can`t even imagine (INAUDIBLE) Jodi had a lot of - - a lot of plans for her future. How could she mess it up and do something that you said she did?

Hi all you journal readers. Have a question: On April 7, 2010, the Mesa Police submitted a report on four of JA’s journals, with an analysis that concluded the journals were, in fact, written by JA.

However, a conclusion in this report caught my eye. Pages 30 & 31 in the final journal (4/13/08 to 7/14/08) were subjected to electrostatic analysis (ESDA). The report noted “some discernible indented writing was developed on page 30 … whose source is unknown.”

Can any of you “journal junkies” :dance::dance: tell us why, given date or content, these pages (30 and 31) might have been tested?

Sources for info:

http://www.docexam.co.uk/esda.html
ESDA
A sensitive technique to identify indented and electrostatic writing impressions on documents caused by other documents having been written whilst resting on top of the document under investigation.

http://murderpedia.org/female.A/images/arias-jodi/jodi-arias-court-docs-1.pdf
(You’ll have to scroll down to find it: Scientific Examination Report.)

Thanks all! And Happy New Year!!!!

Arias reads like a woman from centuries ago. Perhaps she is role playing a character from Pride and Prejudice? Her choice of words is odd. A woman in her twenties wishing to be a 'matriarch' and mother? So much of it seems designed to be read by those she seeks to convince of her 'light'. PPL indoctrination (and her tortured attempts to sound like a religious disciple to Travis) portray a calculating, desperate individual. Arias is so pretentious. The condescending attitude to her mother's education makes me cringe. Arias' stubborn refusal to admit she killed Travis out of hatred for being rejected has cost her a likely death sentence. She fashioned her own noose.

She is the kind of do as I say not as I do. Do you know if mom graduated HS?

This is classic 'levelling' the business about judging her own mother for not going to college when Jodi didn't even finish high school and acting as if she is intellectually superior to her. Typical Borderline.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilgrlbghrt
Back