AZ - BRYAN PATRICK MILLER - Victims: Angela Brosso & Melanie Bernas, Serial Killer 1992-1993 *Guilty, sentenced to death*

Not sure how you'd be a witness to anything other than a leak from the police department. Do you have the name of the person who spoke to you? Did they speak confidentially and make that clear to you? I would have some concern that the information you were given may compromise the investigation, but if someone spoke so freely to you, chances are they're speaking to others so it is reasonable to think that information is going to get out anyway. Are there any guidelines from a journalist organization that might provide some advice on how best to proceed to protect yourself and get the information out? I, for one, have my curiosity very piqued. I have a friend who was in that house many times and BPM apparently refused to let her go in certain rooms, wouldn't allow her to open cabinet doors, etc. He was obviously hiding something in that mess...

I'm in the middle of writing a story about Bryan Patrick Miller for my website. I even took the time to go to his home and take photographs while I was in Phoenix this week (which are amazing by the way). But the more I learn about him, the weirder this story seems to get. I have new information about what was found in his home during the Police search (from a member of Law enforcement) that if true is potentially very damning for his defense and I am worried about being the first and only to reveal this information to the public. Does anyone else have any type of experience with this sort of situation? I even have proof of this person giving me the information. I'm a little concerned about getting a little bit more entangled in this mess than I would like. Does anyone with some type of experience have any idea which direction I should go? The writer in me says write it and get the information out there but I am also worried that I could be called as a witness and want to avoid that. Anyone got any experience or know anyone with experience with this type of situation and if so, any advice?

Hey all I had a thought.

Do we want to form a list to for a post or just a document that is able to be received that were missing/ found without a head?

Just so we have a general idea of who we were refer to or potential victims?

I'm in the middle of writing a story about Bryan Patrick Miller for my website. I even took the time to go to his home and take photographs while I was in Phoenix this week (which are amazing by the way). But the more I learn about him, the weirder this story seems to get. I have new information about what was found in his home during the Police search (from a member of Law enforcement) that if true is potentially very damning for his defense and I am worried about being the first and only to reveal this information to the public. Does anyone else have any type of experience with this sort of situation? I even have proof of this person giving me the information. I'm a little concerned about getting a little bit more entangled in this mess than I would like. Does anyone with some type of experience have any idea which direction I should go? The writer in me says write it and get the information out there but I am also worried that I could be called as a witness and want to avoid that. Anyone got any experience or know anyone with experience with this type of situation and if so, any advice?
JMO, but if I had an inside lead on pertinent information, I would absolutely keep it under my hat for fear of compromising the investigation. Should this tidbit be a part of the prosecution's case, releasing it prematurely, and unofficially, could reduce its evidentiary value, and possibly even render it useless. And yes, you might be called to testify about how you obtained it. Consider saving it for later when the evidence is released in court, and you have more material for a good story. :twocents:

It is also harder to find skulls than other skeletal remains because rodents eat them.

I wouldn't read too much into a random skull found in that area. That's a prime smuggling route, and has been so since at least territorial times. There's probably a dead body under every other tree out there -- I think the current estimates are of deaths per year from exposure to the elements are in the hundreds. Most of those deaths are illegal immigrants and/or drug smugglers, and it does not take long at all for the coyotes to scatter the body parts.* I'm sure there's also a fair amount of foul play, too.

On the other hand, a smart killer may be aware of that. It would be a good area to dump a body, simply because there's so much many other bodies out there that a few more bones wouldn't really register as unusual.

(*If you're not familiar with how fast coyotes and other critters can dismember and consume a corpse, finding a skull alone would seem unusual. I live in a remote area, and from experience, I can tell you coyotes and other critters can reduce a large elk or cow to widely scattered bones within a few days. If something as big as a cow can disappear in days, I assume the same would happen with a person. The pieces get scattered, because various predators run off with them.)

There are others who were missing or killed around that time, and I hope the detectives look closely at them and don't dismiss them because of differences in age or mutilation. He could have changed up his methods, or even his hunting locations to avoid detection.

Canal Murder search warrants shed light on shadowy case
Megan Cassidy, The Republic | azcentral.com 5 p.m. MST May 14, 2015

When Phoenix police raided the home, car and workplace locker of the man they believe to be the city's elusive "Canal Murderer," it became clear that their suspect, Bryan Patrick Miller, wasn't going to make their jobs easy.

Their alleged killer was a bona fide hoarder.

A search warrant released to The Arizona Republic and 12 News this week lays out the monumental task placed before police when they arrested Miller in January on murder allegations more than 20 years after the murders of Angela Brosso and Melanie Bernas.

A heavily redacted, 62-page document lists nearly 400 seized items, including several boxes of cassette tapes, magazines, books and shoes, some of which could lead to thousands of individual pieces for review.

<modsnip>

But it remains to be seen what prompted police to track Miller in the first place, and whether police will link the man accused of double-murders to any of the Valley's other murders and disappearances, or cases in any other states where Miller has lived.

<modsnip>

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...-murder-suspect-search-warrant-abrk/27322149/

Murder victim's light still shines after 23 years
EJ Montini, The Republic | azcentral.com 7:33 a.m. MST June 14, 2015

Time darkens it.

We shine a light on a tragedy and it stays there for a little while, but we move on, we need to move one, the horrors of the day occur one after next after the next. We show as much sympathy as we can, as much empathy as we can, but we move on.

We forget. We need to forget.

And so we'll forget, again, a young woman named Angela Brosso.

In 2017, when the trial of Bryan Patrick Miller finally gets underway, it will shine.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/ejmo...-bryan-patrick-miller-death-penalty/28671531/

Canal Murder search warrants shed light on shadowy case
Megan Cassidy, The Republic | azcentral.com 5 p.m. MST May 14, 2015

When Phoenix police raided the home, car and workplace locker of the man they believe to be the city's elusive "Canal Murderer," it became clear that their suspect, Bryan Patrick Miller, wasn't going to make their jobs easy.

Their alleged killer was a bona fide hoarder.

A search warrant released to The Arizona Republic and 12 News this week lays out the monumental task placed before police when they arrested Miller in January on murder allegations more than 20 years after the murders of Angela Brosso and Melanie Bernas.

A heavily redacted, 62-page document lists nearly 400 seized items, including several boxes of cassette tapes, magazines, books and shoes, some of which could lead to thousands of individual pieces for review.

<modsnip>

But it remains to be seen what prompted police to track Miller in the first place, and whether police will link the man accused of double-murders to any of the Valley's other murders and disappearances, or cases in any other states where Miller has lived.

<modsnip>

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...-murder-suspect-search-warrant-abrk/27322149/

Interesting that the prosecutor said they have what would be perceived as "extremely alarming" evidence against him. What could that be? It's also interesting about prosecutor saying they basically didn't want to compromise other investigations related to him.

Does that mean they have evidence against him in other investigations? Or just that he is a prime suspect? Just the picture at night, where you can see how much garbage was piled around inside the door, that place looks absolutely filthy. They must be working insane man hours pouring through all of that stuff.

This trial is going to be very interesting.

So Phoenix PD apparently had his DNA since 2008.

The most shocking development is that Miller's own mother was the one who called police, out of the blue, saying he had a strange obsession with Brasso's missing person's case.

That call is what prompted police to take Miller's DNA. It was a sample that was collected in 2008. Three years later, the case changed hands.

ABC15 is looking into why it took so long to make that DNA match, which eventually busted Miller for these cold cases dating back to the early 1990s.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...date-new-details-released-in-valley-cold-case

So, he lived nearby. He matched a POI newspaper sketch from '93 (shown in the unexplained-mysteries.com thread). And they had his DNA since 2008. Eta, of course there was also the previous stabbing conviction, and the accusation in Washington.

If he has any recent victims, Phoenix PD may find themselves on the line again, as they did in the Baseline Killer case several years back.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...ney-says-he-has-proof-evidence-went-untested-

I opened a thread in Cold Cases for Diana Vicari. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, kevmoley

AZ - Diana Dawn Vicari, 19, Tucson, 23 Oct 1992 - severed arms found in trash

Here's a snip from the most recent article I found.

Dismembered and thrown in a dumpster: Who killed Diana Vicari?
By Marcelino Benito. CREATED Jan 15, 2014

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Twenty-one years later and the alley on 7th and Ferro still has that eery feel. In a Tucson dumpster, police found Diana Vicari's arms, severed from her body.

"It hit us all really hard, really hard," said Angela Vicari, Diana's sister.

[...]
For the longest time, county prosecutors and the Vicari family believed Lemuel Prion killed and dismembered Diana. Diana's car was found just days later near La Cholla and Osa St., just blocks away from where Prion lived at the time. In 1999, he was convicted and sentenced to death for the grisly crime.

He always claimed innocence and in 2002 his conviction and death sentence was overturned.

[...]
TPD's cold case unit is reviewing the case. They are urging the public to come forward with new leads. Someone out there could very well hold the key to this decades old ca

[...]
If you have any information about this case, call 88-crime or TPD's Cold Case Unit at (520) 837-7588.

I came across this website while researching updates regarding the Diana Vicari case. I have lived in Tucson my whole life and have never forgotten her. She was just a couple of years younger than I. After reading countless articles about Bryan Patrick Miller and what he is accused of, I have a strong feeling that he may be the guy. Diana's arms were found a couple of weeks before Angela Brosso's headless body.. just too coincidental.. This guy didn't just stop at murdering two women.. no way

Welcome, AZ Grayfan. Thanks for posting. Any insight you can add as a local will be appreciated.

Are you aware of any other occurrences where young women went missing that might not have been widely reported?

Welcome, AZ Grayfan. Thanks for posting. Any insight you can add as a local will be appreciated.

Are you aware of any other occurrences where young women went missing that might not have been widely reported?

There are no other missing women with these circumstances that I am aware of other than Diana. There are runaways and women who have fallen victim to their significant others/exes but nothing like Diana or the two girls in PHX discussed in this thread. The only high profile case for the last many years here in Tucson is Isabel Celis, a child who was taken from her bedroom; it doesn't fit the profile.

Ah...little Isabel. So sad and frustrating. And of course, not in line with the profile of this suspect.

Thanks for your reply. I'd really like to see an update on the case against this guy.

[video=youtube;SrTS5gZNwtc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrTS5gZNwtc[/video]

I knew Bryan for three years. I have a background in psychology and can tell you that he was not a sociopath like most serial killers. I was finishing up a horror anthology book SOMETHING WITH BLOOD IN THE TITLE at the same time he was captured. So I added a 25 page expose' about Bryan Patrick Miller "My Friend the Serial Killer." (contains graphic images). The police eventually got around to interviewing me. They had a copy of my book! LOL They said that I was right on the money, especially about how the trial will play out.

http://chainsawalice.blogspot.com/2015/04/something-with-blood-in-title.html
You can check it out

Here is a segment of the ex-wife on YouTube:

[video=youtube;k1iVg6bqp7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1iVg6bqp7I[/video]

Here is another, different, longer video of the ex-wife. Married at age 17.

[video=youtube;Pd9Ak1PQa3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd9Ak1PQa3I[/video]

I am happy to hear that the investigators are seriously looking into BPM into the disappearance of this young girl.

Police: 3rd victim may be linked to canal murder suspect
Megan Cassidy, The Republic | azcentral.com 7:21 a.m. MST November 17, 2015

hoenix police are investigating links between the city's notorious canal murders and the disappearance of a third girl from her Sunnyslope neighborhood more than 23 years ago.

In September, police submitted first-degree murder charges against alleged Bryan Patrick Miller, the suspect in the canal murders, in the presumed death of Brandy Myers, a 13-year-old girl whose missing-persons case has languished since 1992.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...tim-may-linked-canal-murder-suspect/75641070/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb
Back