AZ - BRYAN PATRICK MILLER - Victims: Angela Brosso & Melanie Bernas, Serial Killer 1992-1993 *Guilty, sentenced to death*

Hey all I just had a thought due to Owutatangledweb reposting something I wrote on BLM's page.

I just remembered that Mikelle Biggs when she went missing she was on a bike.

I think he was out in Seattle- but it was the beginning of a new year and people do come home for awhile.

Thoughts?

She disappeared from Mesa. The difference is that she was near her house, and not on a bike trail or in a park. I'd sure like to know where he was at the time, though.

[...]

It was January 2nd, 1999.

The sun was just beginning to set when Mikelle, just 11 years old, heard that ever intoxicating sound.

"She came and got me and said 'Let's go wait for the ice cream truck!'" said Kimber. "So we went outside. She was on my bike, and there was a bunch of kids outside playing."

Hours passed.

The ice cream man never came.

Eventually kids trickled inside.

9 year-old Kimber wanted to follow suit, but her older sister was determined.

Mikelle stayed alone on the corner, just half a block from home.

http://www.jrn.com/kgun9/news/Vanis...-little-Mikelle-Biggs-266155871.html?lc=Smart

He was arrested in 2002 in Washington for the stabbing there and it appears he went under the radar for a few years, likely unemployed. He didn't seem very interested in working. Was far more interested in playing dress-up. I think it was during that period that he returned to Arizona.

All the talk about the zombie car is, I think going off on a tangent. I think we can see his established pattern pretty well in the four crimes we know about and none include dressing up like police, impersonating police, etc. He didn't have the zombie car until about the past year. He didn't have it at the time of any of his other known crimes. His MO is clearly a surprise attack on foot...his juvenile arrest was running up and stabbing a woman in the back. His Washington state arrest, that woman stated, as I recall, that he offered her a ride at a payphone, took her to his deserted place of work, then stabbed her. Then claimed she tried to rob him which is how he got out of it. For the two canal murders, clearly he had to surprise the victims somehow as they rode on the canal. The canals are generally pretty free from foliage and trees. Or were they having trouble with their bikes, a flat tire for example, and maybe he came offering help only to use that to strike? With the notoriety of this case, if he was harassing people with that car, you'd think more people would have come forward. I've seen no evidence of that in any media reporting.

He claimed he was in Hawaii as a child, I think. He left WA sometime after that 2002 arrest and trial for stabbing a woman. He was acquitted of that crime and in one media report that interviewed a co-worker from the time, once that was over he left. I suspect that somewhere between 2003 - 2006 he left WA and came back to AZ. His daughter was small at that time and he has been primary care-giver for that child to my knowledge. I've met BPM and his work history stuff didn't add up to me. I met him through a friend when he was between jobs in around 2012. He did not seem worried or concerned about not working and didn't seem to be even looking for work. He seemed to do odd jobs for people, handyman and cos-play type stuff. I don't know how he made ends meet financially, his landlord has stated in the media that he was always struggling to pay rent. I think that church organization may have helped him financially. Otherwise I don't know how he afforded all his dress-up game playing and kept food on the table.

That seems right. I met him in 2012 and only encountered him a few times during a few month period. I had a friend who was involved and met him through the comicon and steampunk groups. He did not have that car when i knew him. He lives not far from me, though, and when the car showed up at his house I did notice it. It took him months to work on the car and my understanding was that he had it finally ready for 2014 comicon events. Prior to that, he drove a basic sedan.
Thanks for all that Miss Midge

He posted that he purchased the Crown Vic in 2013:

http://www.coolfords.com/ride/76119/2007-ford-crown-victoria-police-interceptor/

From tarabull's article, investigators enlisted the help of the Vidocq Society in their hunt for the killer. They said it was likely that detectives had in some way crossed paths with the killer earlier in the investigation. That is what made LE look at Miller due to the earlier stabbing.

Miller told police he stabbed the woman because she reminded him of his mother, Crump said. (I found that interesting)

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2015/01/13/phoenix-cold-case-arrest/21732905/

The quintessential SK. Thank goodness he's finally off the streets.

Phoenix New Times Article: Linking Bryan Patrick Miller to Other Crimes to Take Considerable Time

"Police undoubtedly will look at the case of Adrienne Salinas, the Tempe teenager whose partial remains were found in a wash in Apache Junction in 2013. Although the autopsy report was partially redacted, it seemed that her head was not among the remains recovered at the scene."

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/va...to_other_crimes_to_take_considerable_time.php

snipped...

...Looking into similarities with older crimes will be difficult for several reasons. For one, there are at least three different states that Phoenix investigators will be looking into. Also, Crump confirmed a concern that Phoenix PD's current information-management system is not exactly state-of-the-art, which could make it very difficult for investigators to sift through old cases for similarities.

...Although Phoenix's homicide investigators haven't started looking at possible connections, Crump tells us, "Everything is probably on the table," in regards to looking at previous crimes.

Joe Yahner Appointed as Permanent Phoenix Police Chief
February 11, 2015

snipped...
...Technology has also been an issue of late with the department's records-management system. As New Times has reported, PPD's technology becomes a limiting factor in linking cases, such as the one of Bryan Patrick Miller, who's accused of killing two Phoenix women in the early '90s. A new system being implemented will help investigators make links between unsolved crimes, but that is a very difficult proposition right now.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/va...pointed_as_permanent_phoenix_police_chief.php

I'm in the middle of writing a story about Bryan Patrick Miller for my website. I even took the time to go to his home and take photographs while I was in Phoenix this week (which are amazing by the way). But the more I learn about him, the weirder this story seems to get. I have new information about what was found in his home during the Police search (from a member of Law enforcement) that if true is potentially very damning for his defense and I am worried about being the first and only to reveal this information to the public. Does anyone else have any type of experience with this sort of situation? I even have proof of this person giving me the information. I'm a little concerned about getting a little bit more entangled in this mess than I would like. Does anyone with some type of experience have any idea which direction I should go? The writer in me says write it and get the information out there but I am also worried that I could be called as a witness and want to avoid that. Anyone got any experience or know anyone with experience with this type of situation and if so, any advice?

I don't have any experience with this but was the information provided with any expectancy of secrecy? Like did they know you were going to write about it? If they knew it was info you would be sharing I wouldn't have any qualms about sharing it if I was in your position. However, if you are unsure about if you were expected to keep this information to yourself I would certainly refrain from sharing!

I wouldn't read too much into a random skull found in that area. That's a prime smuggling route, and has been so since at least territorial times. There's probably a dead body under every other tree out there -- I think the current estimates are of deaths per year from exposure to the elements are in the hundreds. Most of those deaths are illegal immigrants and/or drug smugglers, and it does not take long at all for the coyotes to scatter the body parts.* I'm sure there's also a fair amount of foul play, too.

On the other hand, a smart killer may be aware of that. It would be a good area to dump a body, simply because there's so much many other bodies out there that a few more bones wouldn't really register as unusual.

(*If you're not familiar with how fast coyotes and other critters can dismember and consume a corpse, finding a skull alone would seem unusual. I live in a remote area, and from experience, I can tell you coyotes and other critters can reduce a large elk or cow to widely scattered bones within a few days. If something as big as a cow can disappear in days, I assume the same would happen with a person. The pieces get scattered, because various predators run off with them.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekakay420
Back