MI MI - Kimberly King, 12, Warren, 16 Sept 1979

Unfortunately, even if remains are discovered, it will be some time before the remains are identified. DNA testing would likely be performed first to positively identify any remains found and that takes time. :(

Assuming they have dental records and there is enough undamaged skull, they may have preliminary identification. Also depends on what they find with the remains, if it matches last known clothing, has labels etc. They could make the announcement contingent on DNA confirmation, which, in this case, would likely be rushed.

Is there a time frame established for Reams active years?

According to OTIS, he was free from 1978 or 1979 until the mid 1990's. That's a lot of time to do bad things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0IToZGD4uM

This is from Cindy search. When Ream was walking around to mulitple potential sites, he seemed forgetful.. Now looking back it could be because there were multiple victims.

I just watched that entire video. The end of it said at that time they suspected at least 2 more bodies may be buried there. Now today they are looking for 7 possible bodies. JMO, I don't think he was forgetful. When he was walking around, I think he was going down memory lane and also messing with police at the same time. In the end the investigator put a stop to Ream's dallying and sent him back to the prison without him pointing out the exact spot. After he left they dug in several spots and came up empty. Then they ended up going back to a spot that Ream had said Cindy could NOT be, because it wasn't close enough to the river. She was found in that spot he had tried to steer them away from (at least that was my interpretation from the video). This SOB likes attention and game playing. After Cindy had been found, he asked if he could write to Cindy's father to tell him the details of how she died "so that they both would feel better about it" (my paraphrase of what he said). IMO, this sick perp wanted to keep tormenting the victim's family. Thankfully her dad said no and her family moved on without giving him any more attention. It's chilling that he owned real estate and had multiple properties where he could have hidden bodies. During the the initial questioning (before his arraignment/trial) he played a "game" where the detective pointed at a list of properties he owned and he would tell her if she was "hot" or "cold"-- if it could be where Cindy could be buried. There were certain properties he said they could "rule out" right away. IMO, they need to check those properties.

[h=1]Experts detail what's next if remains are found during Macomb County search[/h]
Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer tells 7 Action News investigators are searching for up to six bodies, and the suspect involved is Arthur Ream.

Dwyer called Ream a potential serial killer and said he acted alone.

During the search efforts in Macomb County, forensic scientists and anthropologists will also be a part of the efforts.
David Foran Ph.D, is the Director of the Forensic Science Program at Michigan State University. He’s not a part of this investigation, but he often helps law enforcement identify remains.
"Part of the training that we here at Michigan State University is to train policy agencies on doing these type of searches,” said Foran.
A big sobering piece of information he offered right off the bat during his interview with 7 Action News - often searches like this come up short.
"In the bulk of cases they find nothing on these cold cases like this,” said Foran.

Foran said during this search they’re going to be very thorough. He said there are many different methods to searching an area like this.
"What they're going to be looking for out there is disturbances in the soil, soil that all of the sudden has a mound or a different coloration or looks like the plants have been disturbed,” said Foran.

He said if something is found and if it’s determined to be human remains, DNA and forensic science can come into play.
"The type of bone matters, you're generally going to try to test compact bone, that maybe you find in the long bone of the leg,” said Foran. "There's no guarantee, one way or the other, that you're going to get DNA from any bit of material.”
The ground conditions could also play a role in that as well.
"Part of what matters is the amount of moisture in the site. If it's swampland, things are going to degrade much faster,” said Foran.

Jon Carroll, Ph.D, is the Assistant Professor of Anthropology at Oakland University and he agrees.
"Everything from the acidity of the soil to the moisture content of the soil, that's going to have a big effect on the types of evidence recovered,” said Carroll.
He said it’s not a simple or quick process to make an identification.
"Well it can take months or years potentially, it really depends on the state of the crime scene,” said Carroll.
https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/ma...remains-are-found-during-macomb-county-search

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5704603/Police-dig-missing-girls-remains-Michigan-vanished-1979.html

Police said while Reams had a sick obsession with young girls, they are not yet certain if he had anything to do with Kimberly King's disappearance.

King vanished in September 1979 but Reams wasn't released from prison - after being jailed for another child sex assault - until 1980.

Police are investigating if Ream had anything to do with the disappearance of Kellie Brownlee, from Novi, in 1982, and Kim Larrow, from Canton in 1981.

:tyou: for updates on the Macomb County body search. I've been checking local media daily. I hope the efforts yield results in solving these missing persons cases.

Police: Four to six young girls may be buried in Macomb Twp. wooded area

Authorities finished their second day of digging Tuesday in a wooded area of Macomb Township as they look for the remains of four to six young girls who were victims of a serial killer, Warren’s top police official reported.

Police Commissioner Bill Dwyer said four agencies working together south of 23 Mile Road, west of North Avenue, but have not yet located human remains.

“We’re going to be there for a few days,” Dwyer said, adding the search process is being conducted “very meticulously, proper and professionally.” ...

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-...girls-may-be-buried-in-macomb-twp-wooded-area

Article

https://www.wxyz.com/news/macomb-co...ks-out-as-police-search-a-macomb-county-field

[[FONT=&quot]Kathie Lucas, Kimberly’s sister][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“The sheer situation that I’ve seen in these last couple of days has lead me to believe that this might be the last, best chance. We’re losing years, either for people who witnessed it, or for the person who did it, to whatever just anyone who knows anything that might connect it to”, says Lucas.[/FONT]

We could be getting extensive rain this evening and beyond. I hope it does not interfere with the search

http://newsok.com/police-to-resume-excavation-for-remains-of-missing-girls/article/feed/2175040

Authorities were set to resume excavation work in a wooded area northeast of Detroit for the remains of a 12-year-old girl and the bodies of up to six others missing for decades.

Warren police, the FBI and other agencies started work at the site in Macomb Township on Monday and began digging in earnest Tuesday with shovels and excavation equipment for Kimberly King's remains before ending for the day. The work was to restart Wednesday.

"We have probable cause to believe that (Kimberly [King]) is buried there," said Bill Dwyer, Warren's police commissioner

I put together a minisode --
If you are following the breaking news out of the Detroit area, they are digging for 3-7 bodies in north Oakland County, including the body of 12 year old Kim King whose case I covered in October 2017.

This is a mini-sode about Arthur Ream, the girl h
e murdered in 1986 (Cindi Zarzycki) and the girls they may be looking for in Macomb Township on this sunny Wednesday

Michigan police search for remains of missing girls in decades-old cold case
"We also believe that there's maybe four to six other girls that have been reported missing that are buried there," Police Commissioner Bill Dwyer said.

Officers were set to resume searching for the remains of Kimberly King, 12, on Wednesday. King lived in the Detroit suburb of Warren and was last was seen in 1979.

King's body is believed to be close to the location where 13-year-old Cyndi Zarzycki's body was found after convicted murderer Arthur Ream led investigators to the site in 2008...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...s-missing-girls-decades-old-cold-case-n872646

I watched, there wasn't much "new news" to report, other than they have tips that lead them to believe that Ream buried multiple girls there.

Kellie Marie Brownlee, I will be shocked if they find her there, I have always thought that her step father (Paul Brownlee) who was known to be abusive toward her and her sister, Kim, was responsible for her disappearance.

Also, Kim Larrow! Would love it if she could come home

I put together a minisode --

do I need to do something specific to hear it? I can’t find a way to listen.

Michigan police search for remains of missing girls in decades-old cold case
"We also believe that there's maybe four to six other girls that have been reported missing that are buried there," Police Commissioner Bill Dwyer said.

Officers were set to resume searching for the remains of Kimberly King, 12, on Wednesday. King lived in the Detroit suburb of Warren and was last was seen in 1979.

King's body is believed to be close to the location where 13-year-old Cyndi Zarzycki's body was found after convicted murderer Arthur Ream led investigators to the site in 2008...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...s-missing-girls-decades-old-cold-case-n872646

Good grief ... he is not cooperating!

Another name has come up with the hope she may be found here:
The family of Nadine O'Dell, 16, another missing teen, said they hope her body could be found in this renewed effort.
"I want to bring my sister home and lay her to rest. I don't care if it's a bone, a piece of hair, a nail. I don't care. I just want my sister," Brenda Lee Handloser, sister of Nadine O'Dell, said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickerprod
Back