Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
just wanted to introduce myself, im shannon....from chicago. i have a little girl and i am VERY interested in this case, because nothing to me adds up. there are 2 things that i am curious about....and maybe someone can answer them for me.
1-how does craig know that she has her wallet and cell phone with her?
2-where are her keys?

just wanted to introduce myself, im shannon....from chicago. i have a little girl and i am VERY interested in this case, because nothing to me adds up. there are 2 things that i am curious about....and maybe someone can answer them for me.
1-how does craig know that she has her wallet and cell phone with her?
2-where are her keys?
welcome-

Welcome micaelasmama, Sharon I totaly agree with you post and the questions. If Craig and Lisa had hardly spoken but a few words in the last 5 or so months you are so right he would not of known any thing.

oh, and also....the "bag" that she always had next to her when she was asleep on the couch, where is that?

oh, and also....the "bag" that she always had next to her when she was asleep on the couch, where is that?

I would like to know why she was the one sleeping on the couch- not trying to be silly-, but divorcing or not, I cant imagine a man taking the bed, and leaving her on the couch-

I would like to know why she was the one sleeping on the couch- not trying to be silly-, but divorcing or not, I cant imagine a man taking the bed, and leaving her on the couch-

During the month or so that I was in limbo during my divorce (finding a new place etc), I slept on the couch! My ex would sneak back in bed with me initially, so I stayed on the couch.

During the month or so that I was in limbo during my divorce (finding a new place etc), I slept on the couch! My ex would sneak back in bed with me initially, so I stayed on the couch.

yeah, my mom slept on the couch when my parents would fight. but....as soon as my parents seperated, my dad moved out. the whole living together while divorcing thing is new to me.....but i cant imagine that 2 people getting a divorce wouldn't speak to one another, or argue for that matter. i think the kiddos know something (maybe not about what happened, but something that MIGHT help).....and thats why hes not letting them talk. i have a bad, bad feeling about this whole situation.

My ex and I did not talk if we didn't have to during that "limbo" time. He tried, because he wanted to convince me to stay, but I didn't want anything to do with him. When we did talk it was about the divorce agreement, and I kept it as brief as possible. We even had a 4 yr old at the time, and still there were very few words between us.

I feel so sorry for Lisa (and the children) that it seems her situation ended horribly.

My ex and I did not talk if we didn't have to during that "limbo" time. He tried, because he wanted to convince me to stay, but I didn't want anything to do with him. When we did talk it was about the divorce agreement, and I kept it as brief as possible. We even had a 4 yr old at the time, and still there were very few words between us.

I feel so sorry for Lisa (and the children) that it seems her situation ended horribly.

yes, thats exactly what i mean. i would *think* (and its not like ive ever been divorced, so i *really* dont know) that if she wanted to end the marriage after 14 years just because she "didnt want to be married anymore" he would be trying to convince her to work it out, and then when that didnt work.....there would be fighting. especially if there were custody issues, right? or am i way off?

as soon as I posted that, I thought better of it- just irked me thinking she was "left" with the couch-

From the Herald News (I don't know how to link):

The day she disappeared, Lisa Stebic mailed a petition to her attorney looking to temporarily evict her husband Craig, saying he was verbally abusive and that his “extreme behavior” directly affected the best interests of their children. That information was included in a petition filed today as a response to Craig Stebic’s motion for temporary custody of the couple’s two children.

The day she disappeared, Lisa Stebic mailed a petition to her attorney looking to temporarily evict her husband Craig, saying he was verbally abusive and that his “extreme behavior” directly affected the best interests of their children. That information was included in a petition filed today as a response to Craig Stebic’s motion for temporary custody of the couple’s two children.

oh boy.......not good- even though we already know it- thanks for the infor Betsy

Hi Betsy! Probably this link

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/index.html

wow! thanks for the info!! this whole thing makes me so sick.

Thanks, Betsy! That is some extremely pertinent information, I would think. Especially as it pertains to Craig's complicity in Lisa's disappearance!

I found a story with the headline, Lisa filed to evict husband, in the Herald News, but the online story doesn't have any of the details about Lisa's mailing or filing any such petition.

The article is about Craig's emergency motion for custody of the kids, filed on May 9th; and Lisa's attorney's response (to that motion) filed today.

It also states:
The judge decided the motion was not an emergency and set it for a hearing May 22 in Will County Circuit Court.

I surely hope the judge would not consider awarding sole custody of the children to CS at this point in time, when their mother is missing without a trace.

I don't get why the article is titled about Lisa filing to evict, yet nothing in that article about it.

Thanks, Betsy! That is some extremely pertinent information, I would think. Especially as it pertains to Craig's complicity in Lisa's disappearance!

I found a story with the headline, Lisa filed to evict husband, in the Herald News, but the online story doesn't have any of the details about Lisa's mailing or filing any such petition.

The article is about Craig's emergency motion for custody of the kids, filed on May 9th; and Lisa's attorney's response (to that motion) filed today.

It also states:
The judge decided the motion was not an emergency and set it for a hearing May 22 in Will County Circuit Court.

I surely hope the judge would not consider awarding sole custody of the children to CS at this point in time, when their mother is missing without a trace.

I don't get why the article is titled about Lisa filing to evict, yet nothing in that article about it.

Try this link http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/index.html

and read under the title of the article "Lisa filed to evict husband." Took me awhile to figure out where the info came from.

The link on the Herald News website was screwy for a while, but I guess they've fixed it. Thanks for posting the link. Someday I'll learn how....

Another very sad situation where a woman tries to get out and where does it get her or her children for that matter? I've seen so many comments on similar cases asking why she doesn't leave if she's so afraid, etc.? Only those who do get out really know how lucky they are. :furious:

She mailed formal legal documents to her attorney
to have her husband removed from the home with in just hours of coming up missing. I was wondering why her attorney hadn't done that sooner.

Thanks, Chico! You too, Betsy!

Welcome to Websleuths, Shannon! About the questions you posted --- I'd always heard it reported that when Lisa disappeared, she had her 'purse' and her 'cellphone'. I have also questioned how CS could/would know she took those 2 items, if he didn't see her leave. And, why no clothing / jewelry description, as to what she was wearing when he last saw her) ever given by him?

In all fairness to Craig, since the car Lisa drove (Saturn Ion) was in Craig's name, there's a good chance he retained keys to the car. The first time he spoke to police about her being missing, there's always the possibility that he may have already checked around the house and car to see if her purse and cell phone were left there or with her.

As to why no clothing or jewelry description is what I'm still wanting to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member