Please vote-Non Profit GA Missing and UID Organization, Need Name.

What should we name GA's new NPO for the Missing and Unidentified

• GAMU- Georgia Advocates for the Missing and Unidentified

Votes: 47 47.0%
  • MGOM-Missing Georgians On My Mind

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • CSI GA- Case Support and Information GA

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • MAP GA - Mising Advocacy Project GA

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • GA LAMP - Located And Missing Persons information and Support

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • GUM - Georgia Unidentified and Missing

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[SIZE=+2]Thank you for alerting me to this, Christine2448.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]I voted for the GA Lamp,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]"GA LAMP - Located And Missing Persons information and Support "[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]It is more to the point, and less interpretive for the person viewing it for the FIRST time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]This would be a great name for all of America - insert state name and LAMP.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]The MORE people with EARLY information, looking for MISSING individuals the better!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2]To do this in Tybees name would be remarkably wonderful!!!! A real tribute to her. [/SIZE]

I tried to edit this to make it a tad smaller, but the edit box would not let me. I feel strongly about this, hmmm. yep.

Most likely, no matter what name we end up choosing, a light house will be incorporated into the logo....Shadow said lighting the way home.

christine-thank you for letting me know about this poll. I voted!

I'm so happy your doing this!!!
(((((((HUGS))))))))

I voted for GAMU but I think it needs to be GAAMU that way the 1st two letters are for the state. For instance, my state which is WV would be WVAMU. You know I'm going to be right behind you on this Chris:clap:

I voted for GAMU but I think it needs to be GAAMU that way the 1st two letters are for the state. For instance, my state which is WV would be WVAMU. You know I'm going to be right behind you on this Chris:clap:

Yes, I agree with this..I had mentioned it earlier. Poco was questioning whether this was National or just GA, for me it's just GA, but would love for others to follow and us all band together. I love your suggestion.

I voted for GUM for a few reasons. First, it's keeping it as short and simple as possible, I think that's always important. Second, having those letters on posters or clothing, will draw the most attention as it actually spells a real word.

I voted for GAMU, but I am with you 100% on whatever you decide. You are very sweet to do this and I know Tybee would be honored.:clap:

Thanks for the PM, Christine, or I wouldn't have seen this poll. I voted for LAMP and agree with the following comments:
I voted for LAMP as I agree it is universal and significant.

Of the other ones, I like LAMP because it makes me think of lighting the way in the darkness which can seem like the reality here sometimes.

However....
Poco was questioning whether this was National or just GA, for me it's just GA, but would love for others to follow and us all band together.
If you're NOT thinking on a national level, then GAMU (or GaAMU) is pretty cool. I don't think it would sound good if it ever went national, though, such as MiAMU (Michigan AMU) or TxAMU (Texas AMU). In the "national" aspect of it, I still like LAMP better, it's much easier to incorporate other states. I know you said that for you, it's JUST Georgia - but you also mention that you would like others to follow and band together to maybe make it national. I just think that's something you should consider in picking a name. JMO, though.

Hi CHristine, thanks for messaging me, otherwise I might have missed your poll. I've had some computer problems and haven't been around very much.

I voted for GUM, - Georgia Unidentified and Missing. I think GUM is easy to remember, and catchy, as in 'gum' a word familiar to all of us. :)

--->>>You just might be right about drawing in MORE people.
Maybe the name should include the entire name of the state.

example: Georgia GUM
Colorado GUM
Nevada GUM

PERHAPS this would catch on across America quickly, even though the
G in GUM stands for Georgia ?, Huh?

Thanks for the PM, Christine, or I wouldn't have seen this poll. I voted for LAMP and agree with the following comments:

However....

If you're NOT thinking on a national level, then GAMU (or GaAMU) is pretty cool. I don't think it would sound good if it ever went national, though, such as MiAMU (Michigan AMU) or TxAMU (Texas AMU). In the "national" aspect of it, I still like LAMP better, it's much easier to incorporate other states. I know you said that for you, it's JUST Georgia - but you also mention that you would like others to follow and band together to maybe make it national. I just think that's something you should consider in picking a name. JMO, though.
I was thinking more like TAMU for Texas. Of course, it would be a little different for states where the names begin with the same letter. You could just use the zip code abbreviation before the "AMU" part.

I agree with WindChime that you need something that looks professional and serious as this is a very serious endeavor. Of course, I think the ultimate choice should be left up to christine. She is the founder. ;)

--->>>You just might be right about drawing in MORE people.
Maybe the name should include the entire name of the state.

example: Georgia GUM
Colorado GUM
Nevada GUM

PERHAPS this would catch on across America quickly, even though the
G in GUM stands for Georgia ?, Huh?

G could be for Group, GA Group for the Unidentified and Missing. Just another thought...I have changed mind like, uh, 2000 +++ times now!

I just called angelwgs (who has become my left arm AND hand the last few days!) while driving around during lunch errands and said find an acronym site and try the word LIGHT! LOL!

I also like the GUM idea for the advertising, Tshirt, easy to remember........OH, I may never decide!

I agree.

My web guy (cmaine) called me this morning and said he wanted to start making logos for the leaders at this point...he said he liked GA LAMP, he was thinking lighthouse, Tybee.

That is it. I take away my other vote. I like this.

A very good friend of mine and former employer just emailed me this:

How about NOT trying to use an acronym. They get long and sometimes stupid just to try and be a related word. Plus you have to explain what they mean anyway – I’m tired of all these acronyms.

Instead just come up with a name you like

– say one that actually tells what you do … Ga. CC ID & Search, Georgia Search, GA. Missing Persons ID. CareSearch.

– Or one that just sounds cool and gets curiosity up – like say ……Snoop, microscope, Seek, etc…

A very good friend of mine and former employer just emailed me this:

How about NOT trying to use an acronym. They get long and sometimes stupid just to try and be a related word. Plus you have to explain what they mean anyway – I’m tired of all these acronyms.

Instead just come up with a name you like

– say one that actually tells what you do … Ga. CC ID & Search, Georgia Search, GA. Missing Persons ID. CareSearch.

– Or one that just sounds cool and gets curiosity up – like say ……Snoop, microscope, Seek, etc…

I had just started a list similar to these...using no acronym...

Georgia's Lost and Found (Loved Ones)...

Georgia's Yellow Ribbons, (Missing and Unidentified)...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back