Please vote-Non Profit GA Missing and UID Organization, Need Name.

What should we name GA's new NPO for the Missing and Unidentified

• GAMU- Georgia Advocates for the Missing and Unidentified

Votes: 47 47.0%
  • MGOM-Missing Georgians On My Mind

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • CSI GA- Case Support and Information GA

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • MAP GA - Mising Advocacy Project GA

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • GA LAMP - Located And Missing Persons information and Support

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • GUM - Georgia Unidentified and Missing

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like Search.

Then just add the state. Search, Georgia's Missing and Unidentified. Search, Florida's Missing and Unidentified. etc...:cool:

A very good friend of mine and former employer just emailed me this:

How about NOT trying to use an acronym. They get long and sometimes stupid just to try and be a related word. Plus you have to explain what they mean anyway – I’m tired of all these acronyms.

Instead just come up with a name you like

– say one that actually tells what you do … Ga. CC ID & Search, Georgia Search, GA. Missing Persons ID. CareSearch.

– Or one that just sounds cool and gets curiosity up – like say ……Snoop, microscope, Seek, etc…

LOL, he sent me another one....a tad long!

OK –

Georgia Organization for Needs & Education of Missing, Identification, Sleuth & Support for the Individual Non-present Group

“GONE MISSING”

I was thinking more like TAMU for Texas. Of course, it would be a little different for states where the names begin with the same letter. You could just use the zip code abbreviation before the "AMU" part.

I agree with WindChime that you need something that looks professional and serious as this is a very serious endeavor. Of course, I think the ultimate choice should be left up to christine. She is the founder. ;)

Unfortunately TAMU stands for Texas A&M University......

Unfortunately TAMU stands for Texas A&M University......

Exact reason for wanting the State to have 2 letter Abbrev in beginning.

GA-AMU
TX-AMU
NJ-AMU

GA Advocates for the Missing and Unidentified
TX Advocates for the Missing and Unidentifed
NJ Advocates for the Missing and Undentified

That is my thought, FWIW, LOL!

I know I am missing something........I have to go back and check the thread. I did vote.......I'm not sure I picked the right one or not.....
I would of loved to have seen Tybees name but, I guess then it doesnt give a clear message to people who would need the site.......and who didn't know our Tybee.
Anything in Christines hands I know will go well......and of that there is no fear.
She will do a great organizational job with this.......and ........I am sure Tybee is so proud.

Even though GUM was my idea, I voted for LAMP for many reasons:

I like the symbolism

I like the remembrance of Tybee

I think it will make a great logo, has lots of ways to play on words for PR purposes

It is easy to remember

It will work in any state (or even in other countries)

I couldn't find anything else on a google search that it stands for except some kind of software

I think GAMU is good, but it sounds like a university

I voted for GA LAMP because even tho I didn't know Tybee...She evidently was a bright light in everyone's hearts that she touched. She adored lighthouses which symbolize a beacon for the missing and hope for the families. I wish this to be their logo. The GA LAMP feels right. SHE is the GA LAMP! I would like to see her shine through eternity with this project. She would be so proud to be remembered this way.

Yes, the other sounds professional...but Tybee seemed to be a more spiritual being with a great sense of self and sense of humor. Maybe she would opt for a more unconventional name like..."BTHYLC" Bring Them Home, You Lousy Creeps!

<sigh> I am almost sad that GAMU won. I wish I had noticed this thread much earlier and I would have put on a full campaign for GA LAMP. I don't know why...but like I said...it just feels right.

A very good friend of mine and former employer just emailed me this:

How about NOT trying to use an acronym. They get long and sometimes stupid just to try and be a related word. Plus you have to explain what they mean anyway &#8211; I&#8217;m tired of all these acronyms.

Instead just come up with a name you like

&#8211; say one that actually tells what you do &#8230; Ga. CC ID & Search, Georgia Search, GA. Missing Persons ID. CareSearch.

&#8211; Or one that just sounds cool and gets curiosity up &#8211; like say &#8230;&#8230;Snoop, microscope, Seek, etc&#8230;

I'm more with your friend about NOT using an acronym - I definitely like the Lighthouse idea - not to sure if any of the acronyms really thrill me -

Lighthouse ---
Beacon of Hope
Beacon of Light
Helping Them Find Their Way Home
The Lighthouse Project
Lighthouse Discovery Project
Lighthouse Search & Rescue

Words: Seek, Pursue, Search & Rescue, Hope, Endeavor etc etc

And, of course, if you do go with the lighthouse angle, the lighthouse from Tybee Island should be the one to use - if you are allowed to do something like this.

Let's brainstorm some more -

I'm more with your friend about NOT using an acronym - I definitely like the Lighthouse idea - not to sure if any of the acronyms really thrill me -

Lighthouse ---
Beacon of Hope
Beacon of Light
The Lighthouse Project

And, of course, if you do go with the lighthouse angle, the lighthouse from Tybee Island should be the one to use - if you are allowed to do something like this.

Thanks Poco for your interest and input, it means so much. I agree with so much you said!

I stink at this part of things! I honestly, don't care what it is called. I like them all! I like the idea of Hope etc, light, that is where my heart is. Lighthouses have a special meaning to me...it is also spiritual for me, the...what's the word.....what the lighthouse and the light represent, I want to represent this to those who are lost and missing, and also those that have one lost or missing.

The UID's, so dark, so cold...I think you get what I am trying to say.

We know this for SURE...I will not be one of the writers for the NPO and I will have nothing to do with anything 'creative'. I'll be the one to stick to the facts..anything away from the facts and making stuff up, not fer me!

We will have a decision tomorrow. Poco, all you said here will be brought up during the dicussion. There are several that will vote and have say that are not here on WS. There are quite a few locals throwing their hats in already!

Keep the ideas coming....

Thanks everyone!:blowkiss: Sincerely!

Lighthouse ---
Beacon of Hope
Beacon of Light
The Lighthouse Project

Humm...

The Lighthouse Project- Support and Information for Missing and Unidentified Persons

J.U.M.P.I.N.G

Journal for Unidentified and Missing Persons Internationally, Nationally & in Georgia

(I don't know that I like it...)

J.U.M.P. Journal for Unidentified and Missing Persons

If not name of organization a possible name for a publication of the organization... ???

Humm..

'Tybee's Lighthouse'

Lighting the path to find the missing, and to identify those
found too late.

Just some extra thought.

Oh! I thought the vote was closed already! Woohoo! LAMP LAMP LAMP LAMP~!

Or Lighthouse Project does sound great too!!!!

Tybee's Lighthouse Seekers

What about something with her initals used like

T. Y. B. E. E.

Have to come up with something for the letters ..... just a couple of ideas...

I really like the LAMP idea... as to light the way home....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout1960
Back