FOUND DECEASED - WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 #2

There are a few comments, on the Justice for Lindsey fb page, from people who said that PB coached their daughters. If he had been Lindsey’s coach, someone probably would have mentioned that by now. It still increases the odds that she knew him, since it is a small town, and his kids may have been close to her age.

Even if he wasn't her coach, the team she played on would quite likely have played the team he coached.

With the arrest of Paul Bieker and possible connection to Lindsey’s case I am wondering if the Honda Ridgeline vehicle owner/driver from the shell station surveillance was ever identified? If not does this man kindof resemble the man in the video? Also where did this man go to college? Where is he from?

I asked that question too. Didn't it have a dog kennel in the back? Was it ever identified?

Justice For Lindsey Baum is feeling sad in McCleary, Washington.

Wishing Lindsey Jo the happiest 23rd birthday in heaven.

Today we should be celebrating your 23rd birthday and college graduation. Instead I’m spending the day wondering what might have been if it hadn’t been for the EVIL MONSTER that stole your life.

Sadly JUSTICE has NOT yet prevailed, this monster is still walking free able to destroy another family.
I ask you to please make a point today to perform a random act of kindness for Lindsey.
-Melissa Baum

Oh.
Melissa, I will.
Happy Birthday, Lindsey! I wish I had known your bright spirit, which reaches out to touch me even now.
Fly high, little one. You surely earned those wings.

I took a trip to WA in October of 2020 and while driving back thru Ellensberg being the true crime junkie I am, I decided to stop by Ellensberg and see how much I could track of where she was found. I dont claim this info to be official or accurate, I am just giving my two cents as a person who decided to drive into the area of where Lindsay could have been possibly found. After following this among many other cases for years and having the unique opportunity to go to the area considering im from Texas was something that I was not going to pass up on.

Ellensberg is surprisingly a very nice college town, it was full of college students when I was there, it just reminded me of University of Texas Austin area when I was there. Locals were very nice and seemed to be very helpful. Surprisingly the case is not that alive in Ellensberg, the younger generation knows little of it or hasnt heard of it at all and the older generation has it in the bygone news folder. But Ellensberg is lively! It was antiques, amazing produce right off their backyard! and a college town feel...if you just looked at it driving on Interstate 90 you would think its just a small town..but once you actually drive in, its a party!

So from the pressers that were done by LE, the area where Lindsay was found was around a forest road that leads up to Quartz Mountain. Now keep in mind..there are many forest roads in that area. But the main road to get into any of that forest roads is Manastash Road..once you have left town..it takes a while to get up to Manastash Road...this road is lined with farms and nothing else..and its isolating..eventually the last stop on Manastash Road is the Lazy F Camp & Retreat center...after which this road turns into NF-31 leading up to more and more forest roads.

I was already nervous once I had left Manastash Road and started going up NF-31..believe me its not for the faint of heart. Please dont attempt to drive on this road in later afternoon or especially around sunset, unless you know what you are doing, there is no road...there is nothing but loose jagged rocks and im talking very loose jagged sharp rocks and just major cliff on the gravel road. Also hope that noone is coming from the other side because there is not enough room for two vehicles to pass. The ONLY WAY this road can be accessed if 4wheel drive with offroad tires or ATVs or walking...which I would strongly suggest not to do. Everything LE said was accruate in the pressers...this NF-31 leads to more isolated forest roads with no phone signal and only prayers if you get lose. Its a very dangerous landscape. Looking up youtube videos of Manastash Ridge will give you a better idea of the area...actually Manastash Ridge is quite calm compared to what it takes to go up there. On my way I encountered nothing but one or two hunters. With the sun going down fast and me not having offroad tires I decided to go back down..going up into deeper and denser forest roads (google maps will give you an idea) would have not been a good decision considering I was alone. The area is actually quite eerie and calm.

If you are able to make it all the way down NF-31 it then turns into NF-3100, from what I found the scene was somewhere between NF-3100 and NF-3104. It was quite surreal to try to get up as far as I could. But being a female and alone with a regular SUV..I decided to turn around..yes I know I should not have gone alone..but curiosity got the best of me. This is what I feel convinced about after visiting this area.

1) its a guy
2) He is a HUNTER NO DOUBT!
3) Owns an offroad vehicle and knows the area very very very well
4) Could be an Ellensberg local
5) He HAS ABSOLUTELY BEEN IN AND AROUND ELLENSBERG BEFORE especially the Manastash Ridge area and knows exactly how to get up there

you cannot transport anything up there by just renting a car or driving a stock car, if you guys look up videos of getting to Manastash Ridge you will know what im talking about. This guy knew EXACTLY where to go after doing what he did. No one other than avid hunters in and around Ellensberg area will know these roads..you have to have BEEN THERE BEFORE to get there and know where to go..This is not a place anyone would give a second look to if you were driving down the highway and even if you did go into town...you would NOT KNOW how to get up to Forest road NF-31 or know it exists unless you had been there before.

Going there really changed my perspective on the case. I am not going to say whether the latest arrest is valid or not....i dont think it is honestly...the guy is a hunter and he knows where to go and very very VERY VERY familiar with Ellensberg. No one would have even noticed him go in and out..if he encountered any other hunters on the way they wouldn't have given him a second look. RIP

I took a trip to WA in October of 2020 and while driving back thru Ellensberg being the true crime junkie I am, I decided to stop by Ellensberg and see how much I could track of where she was found. I dont claim this info to be official or accurate, I am just giving my two cents as a person who decided to drive into the area of where Lindsay could have been possibly found. After following this among many other cases for years and having the unique opportunity to go to the area considering im from Texas was something that I was not going to pass up on.

Ellensberg is surprisingly a very nice college town, it was full of college students when I was there, it just reminded me of University of Texas Austin area when I was there. Locals were very nice and seemed to be very helpful. Surprisingly the case is not that alive in Ellensberg, the younger generation knows little of it or hasnt heard of it at all and the older generation has it in the bygone news folder. But Ellensberg is lively! It was antiques, amazing produce right off their backyard! and a college town feel...if you just looked at it driving on Interstate 90 you would think its just a small town..but once you actually drive in, its a party!

So from the pressers that were done by LE, the area where Lindsay was found was around a forest road that leads up to Quartz Mountain. Now keep in mind..there are many forest roads in that area. But the main road to get into any of that forest roads is Manastash Road..once you have left town..it takes a while to get up to Manastash Road...this road is lined with farms and nothing else..and its isolating..eventually the last stop on Manastash Road is the Lazy F Camp & Retreat center...after which this road turns into NF-31 leading up to more and more forest roads.

I was already nervous once I had left Manastash Road and started going up NF-31..believe me its not for the faint of heart. Please dont attempt to drive on this road in later afternoon or especially around sunset, unless you know what you are doing, there is no road...there is nothing but loose jagged rocks and im talking very loose jagged sharp rocks and just major cliff on the gravel road. Also hope that noone is coming from the other side because there is not enough room for two vehicles to pass. The ONLY WAY this road can be accessed if 4wheel drive with offroad tires or ATVs or walking...which I would strongly suggest not to do. Everything LE said was accruate in the pressers...this NF-31 leads to more isolated forest roads with no phone signal and only prayers if you get lose. Its a very dangerous landscape. Looking up youtube videos of Manastash Ridge will give you a better idea of the area...actually Manastash Ridge is quite calm compared to what it takes to go up there. On my way I encountered nothing but one or two hunters. With the sun going down fast and me not having offroad tires I decided to go back down..going up into deeper and denser forest roads (google maps will give you an idea) would have not been a good decision considering I was alone. The area is actually quite eerie and calm.

If you are able to make it all the way down NF-31 it then turns into NF-3100, from what I found the scene was somewhere between NF-3100 and NF-3104. It was quite surreal to try to get up as far as I could. But being a female and alone with a regular SUV..I decided to turn around..yes I know I should not have gone alone..but curiosity got the best of me. This is what I feel convinced about after visiting this area.

1) its a guy
5) He HAS ABSOLUTELY BEEN IN AND AROUND ELLENSBERG BEFORE especially the Manastash Ridge area and knows exactly how to get up there

you cannot transport anything up there by just renting a car or driving a stock car, if you guys look up videos of getting to Manastash Ridge you will know what im talking about. This guy knew EXACTLY where to go after doing what he did. No one other than avid hunters in and around Ellensberg area will know these roads..you have to have BEEN THERE BEFORE to get there and know where to go..This is not a place anyone would give a second look to if you were driving down the highway and even if you did go into town...you would NOT KNOW how to get up to Forest road NF-31 or know it exists unless you had been there before.

Going there really changed my perspective on the case. I am not going to say whether the latest arrest is valid or not....i dont think it is honestly...the guy is a hunter and he knows where to go and very very VERY VERY familiar with Ellensberg. No one would have even noticed him go in and out..if he encountered any other hunters on the way they wouldn't have given him a second look. RIP

thank you so much for doing this, and giving us your very detailed observations about the area, I agree with you that the most recent POI does not quite fit the profile of somebody who would know this area that well, he seems more urban but I haven't really done that much more research on him. I am so glad you were safe, it does sound really treacherous and scary, I'm very much a city girl so I would have been very scared also!

Kittitas County sheriff’s detectives are investigating a possible homicide after a call from a hiker led to the discovery of human remains Friday in the Stampede Pass area, about two miles south of Keechelus Lake.

A hiker in the area spotted something suspicious and called the sheriff’s office, said Chris Whitsett, with the sheriff’s office. The deputy found the human remains and called in detectives, he said.

Due to the length of time the remains have been outside and the state of decomposition, the body was not immediately identifiable, Whitsett said, adding that it appears the remains were there “for some months.”

Whitsett declined to reveal what the victim’s sex was, citing the ongoing investigation.

Detectives are investigating the incident as a homicide. The Kittitas County Coroner’s Office has released the body to the King County Medical Examiner’s Office for a forensic autopsy, scheduled this week, but Whitsett said identification could take some time.

615ca5daed333.image.jpg

Investigation underway after human remains found in Stampede Pass area

1) its a guy

Would you mind mapping or marking the map at my link on how far up MR you went before you turned around? Thanks!
Google Maps

Dude doesn't have much of an online presence at all.

Fingers crossed there are some answers here soon.

I am guessing he has one.. just not one that we are able to find under his own name... I would be surprised in this day and age someone has no presence.

Writing in addition to this, as a girl from western Washington who knows very little about Lindsey's case:

Ellensburg is basically based around the local college, Central Washington University. It is a generally young town because of the college, but there is also a lot of farming and agriculture in Ellensburg, and a fair amount of migrant workers. Lots of college parties in the middle of farmland, basically. I went there to check out Central Washington University and the surrounding area of Ellensburg, and I was not impressed and went somewhere else for school, but I know a lot of people who went there and loved it, so YMMV. I am not surprised that Ellensburg locals don't seem to know much about Lindsey's case, because of the circumstances that I described above. Because of the nature of Ellensburg being rural and so focused on farming/ag, it would make a lot of sense to me if Lindsey was murdered by a farm worker or migrant/seasonal worker. Please note I know almost nothing about her case.

McCleary is in Grays Harbor county, pretty much halfway across the (pretty large) state, about 170 miles away. Quite a while.

Sorry, everything I've said has already been covered at some point, I'm sure :)

I am guessing he has one.. just not one that we are able to find under his own name... I would be surprised in this day and age someone has no presence.

I've looked around a bit and I gotta tell ya, I sure do feel bad for that boat builder a couple counties over.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kristirobots
Back