TX TX - Unidentified victims of Dean Corll, Houston Serial Killer, 1970-1973

Last I heard they weren’t going to release the specifics of the search(es). When, where, etc.

The only bit of info I picked up in one of the threads about the search, is that they are most likely starting in the boatshed, due to some of the info leaked. I wish I had saved the info, saw this prior to screenshot-ing practically everything now.

Regarding the Bobby French pictures and info, I'm guessing they are less open in sharing new details like Dr. Derrick was.

Last I heard they weren’t going to release the specifics of the search(es). When, where, etc.

The only bit of info I picked up in one of the threads about the search, is that they are most likely starting in the boatshed, due to some of the info leaked. I wish I had saved the info, saw this prior to screenshot-ing practically everything now.

Regarding the Bobby French pictures and info, I'm guessing they are less open in sharing new details like Dr. Derrick was.

I thought Billy Lawrence was the one kept alive because Dean “really like” him? So bizarre. I am sure he wasn’t the only one who was “kept alive” for awhile. It also me wonder who the 2 boys tied to the bed were that Brooks initially walked in on the for first time and was gifted the corvette for keeping quiet about, the timeline doesn’t add up for any of the known victims. The more I get into this case, the more answers I want…
David Brooks doesn't have a good recollection of dates, and it is very much obvious. He had signed a statement around August 9/10(?) that he was present when Billy Lawrence was kept in Dean's Pasadena house and mentioned the time to be around July 10. This is a month after Billy was definitively killed, and had only occurred two months before David gave his statement. He was off by a month. Those two boys he discovered tied to Dean's bed were probably Glass and Yates.

Possible, but I have seen Yates' brother state he saw Glass at least a week or more after his brother went missing, and he believes that Glass was an earlier procurer for Dean and possibly brought Yates to Dean from the church event they were last seen leaving from. I believe Brooks speaks about (at least) Glass in later statements, so he'd have known who at least one of the boys were, if it had been Yates and Glass. Honestly, I believe Dean killed so many more boys than even Brooks and Henley knew, and those two are simply unknown.
I've seen those comments from "danny's brother" and I do not think that is really his brother talking. He makes some incorrect statements such as Danny and Jim did not know each other very well while we know Danny's sister left a memorial for Jim remembering how he hung out at their house all the time. Danny and Jim were good friends.

David Brooks doesn't have a good recollection of dates, and it is very much obvious. He had signed a statement around August 9/10(?) that he was present when Billy Lawrence was kept in Dean's Pasadena house and mentioned the time to be around July 10. This is a month after Billy was definitively killed, and had only occurred two months before David gave his statement. He was off by a month. Those two boys he discovered tied to Dean's bed were probably Glass and Yates.
Looking at the apartment where David walked in on Dean and dates of him staying there they line up with when Danny and Jim disappeared. The other option is unknown victims.

True, but I've also seen their sister talk about how her brother is estranged from the family, so maybe he saw something she didn't, or maybe he's spreading false information...

I've seen those comments from "danny's brother" and I do not think that is really his brother talking. He makes some incorrect statements such as Danny and Jim did not know each other very well while we know Danny's sister left a memorial for Jim remembering how he hung out at their house all the time. Danny and Jim were good friends.

Yes, I meant Billy Lawrence was kept alive for 3 days then murdered, not let go like Billy Ridinger. Was this the case for a Bobby French too, kept alive for a couple extra days? I know it was initially discussed that Brookes walked in on Yates/Glass together, but the timeline doesn’t seem to support that, along with Yates brother and others claiming Jimmy Glass was also a procurer.

Another thought was could Mark Scott, who was almost assuredly another procurer, been helping Dean commit murders like Henley/Brooks did. Given what was claimed in Mark Scott’s murder of “finger to the head, shoot me” gesture, he seemed to know what was going to happen….was he doing it too to others? Was he also a killer?
Yes, I meant Billy Lawrence was kept alive for 3 days then murdered, not let go like Billy Ridinger. Was this the case for a Bobby French too, kept alive for a couple extra days? I know it was initially discussed that Brookes walked in on Yates/Glass together, but the timeline doesn’t seem to support that, along with Yates brother and others claiming Jimmy Glass was also a procurer.

Another thought was could Mark Scott, who was almost assuredly another procurer, been helping Dean commit murders like Henley/Brooks did. Given what was claimed in Mark Scott’s murder of “finger to the head, shoot me” gesture, he seemed to know what was going to happen….was he doing it too to others? Was he also a killer?
Hi there,
Long time lurker with an interest in the case and a question about Mark Scott. Where does the claim about Mark making the "finger to the head, shoot me" gesture come from? It seems to be fairly common knowledge, but I can't find it Henley's statement or any of the police records. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I'll keep looking but I'm pretty sure Henley talked about it still haunting him with the director of In a Madman's World

Hi there,
Long time lurker with an interest in the case and a question about Mark Scott. Where does the claim about Mark making the "finger to the head, shoot me" gesture come from? It seems to be fairly common knowledge, but I can't find it Henley's statement or any of the police records. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Can the Police can reinterview any of the acquaintances/friends of Corll/Brooks/Henley? Gerald McDaniel, Leroy Lewandowski, and Billy Ridinger surely know more than has been said?

Does anyone have more info on Mark Scott? His story is one of the most fascinating of the bunch: sounds like he knew EVERYONE involved and was likely also a procurer?

Not sure if you've seen this, but if you haven't, this is from the police files. Mark was arrested for carrying a knife in 1970 and was actually shot in the leg with a pellet gun by David Brooks.

Attachments

• Teeth.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 41
Although I don’t think he wouldn’t cooperate, it would really be something if LE re-interviewed Billy Ridinger now, I have a feeling he could shed quite a bit of light on this case. The fact he kept quiet after his assault leads me to believe he must have been criminally involved and didn’t want to incriminate himself by going to the police.
I agree because in the statement of Corll's girlfriend, Betty-Jean Hawkins to police, she actually says that whilst spending time with Corll, two other teenagers stood out to her, including a "white male teen approximate age 19, tall blond hair, thin build, first name Billy believed to have lived off Shepherd around Pinemont. Possibly graduated from Regan High School" - It's clearly Ridinger and the other teen is Leroy Lewandowski.

Just to clarify, the exact wording and spelling of Hawkins statement to police says "Possibly graduated from Ragean High School or Waldrip High School" and the teenager depicted in this image provided by TheHauntedOne is definitely Ridinger. I wonder if the guy sitting in the van is Lewandowski..

Attachments

• Ridinger.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Billy Ridinger Waltrip High 1970.jpg
    Billy Ridinger Waltrip High 1970.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 17
Betty-Jean Hawkins was right. In 1970, Ridinger graduated from Waltrip and Lewandowski graduated from Reagan.

Attachments

• Waltrip 68.jpg
    Waltrip 68.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Waltrip 69.jpg
    Waltrip 69.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 42
  • Waltrip 70.jpg
    Waltrip 70.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Reagan 68.jpg
    Reagan 68.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Reagan 70 (2).jpg
    Reagan 70 (2).jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Ridinger.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 37
You all are amazing, we are breaking such ground. Can you fill me in more on Lewandowski. Also, have a big ask of you, since I can't look through the Bobby French yearbooks, could you look through and see if he was in any other photos throughout the books? Could help with facial angle comparisons.

Betty-Jean Hawkins was right. In 1970, Ridinger graduated from Waltrip and Lewandowski graduated from Reagan.

Really great work Billy Coltrane. I would really like to see Billy Ridinger, LeRoy Lewandowski, and Gerald McDaniel questioned by law enforcement again. It seems pretty clear they must have some more knowledge to offer on this case. Are they all live yet?

You all are amazing, we are breaking such ground. Can you fill me in more on Lewandowski. Also, have a big ask of you, since I can't look through the Bobby French yearbooks, could you look through and see if he was in any other photos throughout the books? Could help with facial angle comparisons.
Done. I've gone through 70, 71, and 72 in their entirety and there are no further images of him unfortunately. He is entirely absent from the 1973 Yearbook.

Done. I've gone through 70, 71, and 72 in their entirety and there are no further images of him unfortunately. He is entirely absent from the 1973 Yearbook.

I recently saw a great documentary on Discovery+ re: Dean Corll case called “The Clown and the Candyman”. It included details I’d never heard. I’m not sure if it has what you’re looking for but it is definitely worth a watch if you have interest in the case. The D+ page 404’d but here’s the Amazon link:

Watch The Clown & The Candyman Season 1 | Prime Video

Thank you for that work. I still have many yearbooks to go through. Recently finished Waltrip High 1972. Found Frank Aguirre and a possible for Swimsuit Boy named Garry Mitchum. He is only pictured in one group shot and has no regular class photo. He resembles swimsuit boy, plus is wearing similar looking boots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211029-154949.png
    Screenshot_20211029-154949.png
    465.7 KB · Views: 62
Thank you for that work. I still have many yearbooks to go through. Recently finished Waltrip High 1972. Found Frank Aguirre and a possible for Swimsuit Boy named Garry Mitchum. He is only pictured in one group shot and has no regular class photo. He resembles swimsuit boy, plus is wearing similar looking boots.
I don't think it's Gary unfortunately.

Attachments

• Waltrip 70.jpg
    Waltrip 70.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Waltrip 72.jpg
    Waltrip 72.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 52
I don't think it's Gary unfortunately.

Here are my questions. In the picture I have, his name is spelled Garry Mitchum, plus I wasn't sure if the boy in the boots was Garry or Mike Mitchum. They are probably brothers. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1635948889236.jpg
    FB_IMG_1635948889236.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 29

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members