VERDICT WATCH NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
56m

(Depending on how you're counting, it's the second **full** day of deliberations or the third day, period.)

Scheduling notice: Court was originally scheduled to be dark for the rest of the week after today, but Judge Nathan invited jurors yesterday to sit Thursday if they so choose. We'll learn soon (a) if they'll need it and (b) if they opt to do it.

IMO this whole trial was a farce. It felt like the prosecution didn't even try to prosecute her. I've followed this for a loooooooong time. There was so much missing here. JMO
I would agree to some extent. The prosecution was certainly ..... not sure what the word is, guarded, maybe. I don't think the presentation was very good honestly. They should have been able to knock this out of the park, and I don't think they did that. I'm very perplexed by many aspects of this entire case.

Last edited:
Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
3m

"What is taking so long?" Experiment: Get 12 men and women from various ages, backgrounds and walks of life in a room and find agreement on one thing. Now, try that with six unfamiliar federal statutes, broken down into 80 pages of instructions, and a mountainous trial record.

This takes time, and very little can be gleaned from that fact one way or another.

She'll get a token sentence. There are WAY too many people she could drop names on if she chooses. Many politicians, starts, Entertainment higher ups etc. That 'private club' of money will not let some of those names be taken down. Its too powerful

She'll get a token sentence. There are WAY too many people she could drop names on if she chooses. Many politicians, starts, Entertainment higher ups etc. That 'private club' of money will not let some of those names be taken down. Its too powerful
I worry that you are right. That private club of money has an entire country under its thumb and makes me furious.

It will totally depend on what she is convicted of. The federal sentencing guidelines will dictate what the sentence is. There will be a range of course but its fairly narrow. The judge wont have a lot of discretion.

https://twitter.com/jruss_jruss/status/1473754656526553091?s=20

lawyers have returned to the courtroom for some sort of an update
Ghislaine Maxwell sitting with her attorneys, wearing a green turtleneck and a black Covid-19 face mask.

3:41 pm, Wednesday, Judge Nathan - "We haven't heard anything from the jury," proposes sending the jury a note asking whether or not they want to deliberate tomorrow, Thursday 12/23. A "check Y/N" kinda vibe.

3:46 pm, Judge Nathan reads jury note "May we please have the following testimonies in a binder: the first one is Jane, Juan, Kate..."

Jury does NOT wish to deliberate tomorrow

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/jruss_jruss/status/1473754656526553091?s=20

lawyers have returned to the courtroom for some sort of an update
Ghislaine Maxwell sitting with her attorneys, wearing a green turtleneck and a black Covid-19 face mask.

3:41 pm, Wednesday, Judge Nathan - "We haven't heard anything from the jury," proposes sending the jury a note asking whether or not they want to deliberate tomorrow, Thursday 12/23. A "check Y/N" kinda vibe.

3:46 pm, Judge Nathan reads jury note "May we please have the following testimonies in a binder: the first one is Jane, Juan, Kate..."

Jury does NOT wish to deliberate tomorrow
That is interesting. I would have thought they would want to deliberate tomorrow to try to wrap it up. This could indicate that they are not really close to a verdict.

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports

·
7m

Also, with the caveat that we do not know the context of the gesture: Maxwell’s attorneys Laura Menninger and Bobbi Sternheim could be seen giving each other a high-five in court—before the brief conference to discuss plans for Thursday.

This gesture fell right before it became increasingly clear deliberations would stretch into Week Two, after the holidays.

Regardless of the outcome, those who were brave enough to testify have won. Their courageous actions will have a positive effect for years to come. True heroes!

ETA that similarly, regardless of the outcome, Ms. M has cursed her future. No matter how many wealthy friends and patrons, wherever you run....there ye shall be. Let us hope that between now and the verdict that she gets a visit from "The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come" in true Dickens fashion.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited:
@vicbekiempis

https://twitter.com/vicbekiempis/status/1473770193310605316
Fear of Covid is looming over everyone. Judge Nathan, before dismissing jurors, said: "Please stay safe over the long weekend. Obviously, we've got the variant. I need all of you here...on Monday."

https://twitter.com/vicbekiempis/status/1473770483611049988
Nathan also announced that there would be new mask protocols come Monday, requiring N95s or similar, be worn by anyone in the courthouse. She also said jurors could also "take some home for the weekend

https://twitter.com/vicbekiempis

BREAKING: STILL NOTHING Asked whether they want to return for deliberations tomorrow, the panelists mulling Ghislaine Maxwell’s fate graciously decline.

“No thanks,” reads a note. “The jurors have made plans.”

Maxwell will turn 60 this Christmas Day without a criminal record.

ALSO: remember how the jury asked for transcripts from 3 accusers? it took them at least 3 hours to be provided copies following their request. it took a while for the govt and defense to prep transcripts w/ desired redactions. so, they went awhile w/o seeing docs they wanted

judge Nathan wasn't happy about this, btw. Nathan told lawyers on the case: "It was frustrating to have to have the jury wait for three hours to get what they requested"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member