VERDICT WATCH NY - Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein confidante, arrested on Sex Abuse charges, Jul 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jkbjournalist

No Verdict: Jury in the Ghislaine Maxwell trial appears deadlocked. Trial will recess at 4:30 — return Monday.
Why would she say that?
Is that her opinion?
They haven't reached a verdict and want to take the Christmas break.
Smart jury taking their time to review the voluminous testimony.
Refuse to read the tea leaves. And, happy to avoid the rush to judgement.
I see this as wanting to be thorough and come to the right judgement.
MOO.
It's as it should be, IMO.

Why would she say that?
Is that her opinion?
They haven't reached a verdict and want to take the Christmas break.
Smart jury taking their time to review the voluminous testimony.
Refuse to read the tea leaves. And, happy to avoid the rush to judgement.
I see this as wanting to be thorough and come to the right judgement.
MOO.
It's as it should be, IMO.
I agree…and defense can’t say that they rushed a verdict before the holiday (as they had brought up to the judge).

Hello, usual lurker first time posting properly, forgive me if I haven’t posted the link properly below (and open to any help on this also) but I read as far as it said Ghislaine was laughing with her lawyers. Which says it all really doesn’t it. She clearly doesn’t care and thinks she’s above the law :( MOO

Ghislaine Maxwell will spend Christmas in prison

Ghislaine Maxwell will spend Christmas Day locked behind bars | Daily Mail Online

Sounds more like Buckingham Palace than a sordid brothel - didn't they think they were wonderful?

Found this:

Pre-verdict submissions before the jury withdrew included representations from the defence that Maxwell should be described as “Ms” Maxwell and that the word “minor” should not be used in the judge’s summation.

No verdict? Bummer, at least it will give us something to look forward to after Christmas! "Ms Maxwell" will be spending Christmas alone in her prison cell, no doubt sweating over the verdict and her future, and perhaps considering her past.

No verdict? Bummer, at least it will give us something to look forward to after Christmas! "Ms Maxwell" will be spending Christmas alone in her prison cell, no doubt sweating over the verdict and her future, and perhaps considering her past.

I really don’t think she’ll be sweating, I think she truly believes she is going to get away with it. MOO

52117585-10337295-image-a-48_1640200140774.jpg

The jury of six men and six women is still out in the third day of deliberation
Ghislaine Maxwell faces the prospect of spending Christmas Day - her 60th birthday - locked behind bars in hell hole prison cell as she awaits verdict on sex trafficking charges

What Christmas Day is like in a high-security prison

And she will be enjoying Christmas Bag Day at the Federal Metropolitan Detention Center.

And what, you ask, is Christmas Bag Day?

Why it’s the day that each federal prisoner receives an 18”x 18” plastic bag that is full of snacks and treats that are otherwise not available from the prison Commissary.

Little bags of snacks and popcorn, some dried out cookies, cinnamon candies, malted milk balls, peanut butter crackers, fig bars, etc. Most of it off-brand – but an occasional item that has a recognizable name.

The arrival of the Christmas Bags is a day of joy at federal prisons – and usually leads to several days of trading among the prisoners.

“I’ll give you my three fake Tootsie Rolls for your four fake Oreos” is a common refrain heard throughout federal prisons at this time of year.

Last edited:
I really don’t think she’ll be sweating, I think she truly believes she is going to get away with it. MOO
Just reading that she was laughing somewhere in the court room? No link as I am too distracted, at the moment.
How dare her? I find her, her family, and her legal team so arrogant. Insulted by their closing argument, insulted that she had the moxie to sketch the court artist as the court artist sketched her, insulted that her family stared down everyone on the witness stand. Who do they think they are? IMO, they think they are people of power. No use for the little people, you and me, and Juan who worked for them. The Juan that they called John. The little man that took care of all their needs. Told to never make eye contact. Never ask questions. Just get the job done. Keep the gas level on the car never less than 3 quarters of a tank. Never let the tissue boxes be 1/3 until filled. On and on and on. The defense would have us believe this is normal for the wealthy. No eye contact, no questions, NDA's. Maybe so? But most wealthy people are not sexual predators. Epstein and Maxwell were. MOO.

Well, they do try to make it festive for the prisoners. They spray the roaches with glitter, for example.

Still not letting go of my rant:

This is a Federal case about crimes committed against young women and children by the powerful and rich.

It seems not many folks care about this case. I have seen smirks on faces of people when Maxwell and her victims are mentioned. When I hear or read people say, "Maxwell will just get a slap on the wrist", it infuriates me. Lives are destroyed by people like her and her depraved sex buddies.

When the jury reaches its verdict, I worry about the message it will send.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59